Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] NHS CV19 tracing app.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep, I still do not have to serve people I don’t want to, and I don’t have to give a reason.

As it happens, I have served a gentleman this morning who has health problems and is carrying an authentic exemption lanyard. I know this fella, I know his exemption is valid.
I will not serve people who I believe either have false exemption credentials, or have ‘left them at home’

Sue me.

Wouldn't you be discriminating against your elderly and infirm customers if you just let anyone in without a mask? Equality works two ways. I think you're doing exactly the right thing.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yep, I still do not have to serve people I don’t want to, and I don’t have to give a reason.

As it happens, I have served a gentleman this morning who has health problems and is carrying an authentic exemption lanyard. I know this fella, I know his exemption is valid.
I will not serve people who I believe either have false exemption credentials, or have ‘left them at home’

Sue me.

I would expect that in most places. I'm not exempt from wearing one, but if i were and had forgotten anything that proves that...and it resulted in me being asked to leave then it would be a pain, but I understand why. It's the same for purchasing alcohol - if you are asked to prove your age and can't do that, then you can't buy it.

You're doing the right thing in my view.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I would agree but there are disabilities ( many hidden ) that prevent someone from wearing a mask. Those disabilities are protected under the Equality Act and a business turning away someone protected under the Equality Act is illegal. EDIT - if they turn them away because of their disability - which doing so because they weren't wearing a mask is.

and they would have an exemption, which they can show.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Wouldn't you be discriminating against your elderly and infirm customers if you just let anyone in without a mask? Equality works two ways. I think you're doing exactly the right thing.

I think you’re right.
I also have underlying health problems, I had a shielding letter from my consultant during lockdown, in a perfect world I would still be shielded. But, I have to earn a crust, I can’t afford not to work, so, I’m as vulnerable as a lot of my customers.
I don’t allow drunks in my cafe, I don’t allow men without a shirt on in my cafe, it’s not discrimination, it’s common sense.
If you have a valid exemption credentials, I have no problem with that, it’s the false ones who just don’t want to wear a mask I have a problem with.

I’m old enough to remember when seatbelt wearing was made compulsory in cars, a lot of people said they couldn’t wear them, and would get medical exemption, there is hardly anybody exempt now.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Some examples:
Can't meet in groups of more than six
Have to wear face masks in all sorts of places
Can't go on holiday to numerous countries without 14 day quarantine when you return
Can't stand up in the pub to drink a pint

That's quite enough to make me spitting mad.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention!!!

So basically, you're saying you have a problem in playing your part in trying to suppress this virus.

Does being asked to wash your hands also piss you off?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So basically, you're saying you have a problem in playing your part in trying to suppress this virus.

Does being asked to wash your hands also piss you off?

I don't think they have hands...paws maybe.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
The wife and I went out for a meal in Shoreham last night for only the 2nd time since lockdown (her birthday treat), and we don't have a modern smart phone so we happily signed the book/register with name and home phone contact details. Looking briefly at the list apparently in the last couple of days a B Bunny, E Presley, and one Lionel Messi had apparently signed in with their details!

Who ultimately checks that any of the details provided are accurate as where we were last night it seemed there were pages upon pages of hand written numbers and names from the last couple of weeks - many at a cursory glance looking very suspicious (even a John Doe was apparently in last night)? I'm sure many people will use their modern phones to log in or register but it seems pretty daft if you can put a fictitious name and number down if you so wish.

A good example where I wince and LOL at the same time - these people believe they are protecting their privacy [which is true].
In these circumstances I ask myself the simple question "is it in MY interest to comply?"

In the above example, the worst scenario is that the restaurant owner sells my contact details to e.g. local double-glazing company etc. who irritatingly calls to sell me their products - I can deal with that.
Best case senario is NHS T&T contact me to say I may be infected so don't go and visit your granny untill your tested [negative] - now that is USEFUL information and HIGHLY valuable to me personally.

So I see no point in giving false [joke] contact details in this situation.

#Covidiots

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A good example where I wince and LOL at the same time - these people believe they are protecting their privacy [which is true].
In these circumstances I ask myself the simple question "is it in MY interest to comply?"

In the above example, the worst scenario is that the restaurant owner sells my contact details to e.g. local double-glazing company etc. who irritatingly calls to sell me their products - I can deal with that.
Best case senario is NHS T&T contact me to say I may be infected so don't go and visit your granny untill your tested [negative] - now that is USEFUL information and HIGHLY valuable to me personally.

So I see no point in giving false [joke] contact details in this situation.

#Covidiots

I’m more disappointed that you’re granting these apparent tards with the process of thought, they actually think they’re being funny putting Elvis down as their name, nothing else, I say shut the pubs and support them during that period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Have just used the app to check in for lunch and it was a breeze. Much less hassle than the other check in apps or writing down your details. I’d recommend it if your phone is compatible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Have just used the app to check in for lunch and it was a breeze. Much less hassle than the other check in apps or writing down your details. I’d recommend it if your phone is compatible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen a tracking thing called "exposure notifications" in my settings that has appeared on my iphone over the last few days. Would this be the same thing?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just been out for lunch. Downloaded the app and checked in – piece of piss and I don't have an issue with it at all.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Agreed - but if that's representative of just 1 establishment, how many other places is this happening at all over the country? Listening to the Jeremy Vine show last week when they discussed issues such as this (and general safety of peoples personal details) a number of people openly phoned in saying they would't leave their correct number as they felt it was an invasion of their personal liberty!

Sadly it seems the information gathered is only going to be as good as that is provided and one wonders how effective this will be if people leave incorrect details. The current test and trace system which was only running at about 69% success rate is going to struggle to get better if idiots continue to leave false names and numbers. We haven't been out much since the lockdown but I was surprised to see this so blatently going on in the times we are going through.

That’s why we need, sorry to say, more healthy youngsters between say 18 and 35 bracket to die. Whilst every age group isn’t perfect, there are certainly more in this range who frankly need a kick up the arse after a generation of entitled behaviour. People need to fear it more, that will drive change more than any Boris Broadcast or clapping campaign. It’s all too much bother, I want to enjoy myself, you can’t tell me what to do, the government is trying to control us, blah blah blah. Well, the grim reaper is the ultimate bitch I hear so maybe if visited a few more selfish twunts who believe they’re invincible then things might change. Until then, my expectations of the great British public is it ain’t that great anymore.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That’s why we need, sorry to say, more healthy youngsters between say 18 and 35 bracket to die. Whilst every age group isn’t perfect, there are certainly more in this range who frankly need a kick up the arse after a generation of entitled behaviour. People need to fear it more, that will drive change more than any Boris Broadcast or clapping campaign. It’s all too much bother, I want to enjoy myself, you can’t tell me what to do, the government is trying to control us, blah blah blah. Well, the grim reaper is the ultimate bitch I hear so maybe if visited a few more selfish twunts who believe they’re invincible then things might change. Until then, my expectations of the great British public is it ain’t that great anymore.

One thing they can be relied on is for older generations blaming the ones that come after them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here