Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL season 2012

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Gutted!

Far, far too many mistakes by the Packers last night - as well as the 3 fumbles there were numerous dropped catches, the ball was stripped several times and Rodgers didn't have a great game - too many weeks off?

Having said that the Giants played well, they took their chances and Manning had an excellent game. (And the big calls all went against the Giants too.)

The turning point IMO was the Hail Mary just before half time - 7 points out of nothing - as I said a week ago, the Pakers Defence wasn't good enough.

2 things for me:

1. The bye week did them no favours, especially with the resting-up they did in week 17 (albeit, still looking a monster on offense with Flynn in there). They just looked out of rhythm all night which I can only put down to the break they've given themselves since Christmas.
2. As you say, the D was just not good enough. No team has won teh Superbowl with a D ranked 32, and we saw why last night. In the play-offs you come up against some very good teams, who will make it harder for you to score, and will be adept at pulling apart your defensive frailties. With a D like that Packers could never afford their offense to have an off day, because when they do, the D cannot win it for you. I still think that is what will cost teh Patriots this season, although time is running out on that prediction.

Shame, as I was looking forward to the Packers / Saints shoot-out, but having said that, I did really enjoy watching the 9ers on Saturday.

D

Deleted member 18477

so glad the GIANTS did it!!!!!!!!!! get in! not so perfect packers now!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Looks like the NFL International Series game will be announced soon, as in the next hour or two.

Looks like it will be a St. Louis Rams home game, and the suggestion is that it will be their game with the New England Patriots! That'll be quite a coup if the Pats come over as Superbowl Champions!

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
IF the story concerning the Rams is correct - and it was someone from the Rams who apparently said something on local radio about them coming to London in 2012, then he also said it would be a match-up with an AFC team. The possibles are:

Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Washington Redskins
Arizona Cardinals
Seattle Seahawks
San Francisco 49ers

So, if the AFC bit is right, then it's either the Jets or the Patriots.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
[MENTION=20156]Kevincadle[/MENTION]

Check Sky Sports News at around 4:30 when announcement should be made about International series

1 hour ago FavoriteUndo RetweetReply

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Might be a bit of a mismatch if it is the Pats.

A bit, but they are far from the finished article, especially on defence, and don't under-estimate how quickly the Rams could turn things around. They are one of my fancied teams to make a real surge next season.

They have key parts of the team that they were denied through injury this season, especially Bradford, and Danny Amendola, but I think they did also lose a couple of key pieces of the d-line as well for chunks of the season. Didn't the LT, Jason Smith miss over half the season? Get those 3 back, and the offence is very different, plus they have a top draft pick. Give Bradford a weapon like Blackmon at WR, and suddenly the Pats need to improve on defence or we have a shoot-out on our hands.

D

Deleted member 18477

whos going to the superbowl XLVI then???

predictions/tips:

i'm going with (winner in bold)... Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots, New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers

was impressed by the giants last weekend and think they can go to the superbowl. although i fancy the Patriots to take the crown this year!

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I hope they do improve, with a new head coach and the factors you mentioned it's possible. Bradford could have a big season given a bit more protection plus someone else to throw at.

I'm hoping they trade down though with a team who are desperate to get RG3, leaving Blackmon for the Browns.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I hope they do improve, with a new head coach and the factors you mentioned it's possible. Bradford could have a big season given a bit more protection plus someone else to throw at.

I'm hoping they trade down though with a team who are desperate to get RG3, leaving Blackmon for the Browns.

That will be the skins then, think they will agree to any deal to get RG3.. probably need him more than any other franchise needs a specific player

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
That's who I was thinking of, although there's talk they might be seriously looking at Matt Flynn in free agency.

Well they only have three options and one of those is a non starter as cant see the Colts trading away Luck no matter what price they are offered, would imagine however the Rams want Blackmon a trade with the Browns would be more appealing as would get extra picks and Blackmon would probably still be on the board at 4.

Redskins would probably do well to look at Flynn rather than a shit or bust on someone who has only risen in stock due to lack of quarterback talent apart from Luck

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
whos going to the superbowl XLVI then???

predictions/tips:

i'm going with (winner in bold)... Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots, New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers

was impressed by the giants last weekend and think they can go to the superbowl. although i fancy the Patriots to take the crown this year!

The Giants will go through – they are riding high and full of confidence. They also have a score to settle with the 49ers from 2003 when they blew a 38-14 lead to lose 39-38

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I think it will be Giants v Pats

But I REALLY hope it will be 49ers v Ravens (Harbaugh Super Bowl anyone?)

I want the Niners to win it all.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It IS the Rams vs Pats then, and further into the future, let's all hope the Rams do make strides, as they will play one home game at Wembley in each of the next THREE seasons.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
It IS the Rams vs Pats then, and further into the future, let's all hope the Rams do make strides, as they will play one home game at Wembley in each of the next THREE seasons.

So is that in addition to the normal International Series games for 2013 and 2014? Or do we just get two Rams vs somebody games in those seasons?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
So is that in addition to the normal International Series games for 2013 and 2014? Or do we just get two Rams vs somebody games in those seasons?

They haven't said, I don't think.

My guess is that we will have 3 years of just Rams vs whoever, unless teh Rams are looking so bad, the NFL fear they are not giving us a good enough product. I think the NFL are probably doing this to see if interest grows in London for a single team if we get to see more of them, basically to see if interest would build in a London franchise. But if that's the case they could get teh wrong impression.

I don't think we could support a franchise even for half a season. We will flock to it for a novelty to a limited degree, but largely on the proviso that we have quality football come over. So the better teh teams coming, teh more tickets we'll sell. But, if - as I suspect - the Rams improve each of the years they are coming, then we will be getting a better quality team each year and probably sell more tickets as a result. However, the NFL would probably see that as "interest in the Rams are growing" because we are seeing them a little bit as "our team" when teh reality would be purely on the quality they bring.

I think it would be a shame if they do not also throw in a 2nd game now, but if my view that this is a test of our interest levels in a single team, then I don't think they will.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really going for 49ers now, should be a great place to go a week or so after they win.

Who is doing the half-time show this year ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here