Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL season 2012

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Meanwhile the Jets have gone into meltdown since their exit from the SB with Rex Ryan, Santonio Holmes and Greg McElroy all trading insults.
Rex Ryan trading insults, pah surely not.
Having a foot in his mouth is just not Rex's way.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Rex Ryan trading insults, pah surely not.
Having a foot in his mouth is just not Rex's way.

I saw his brother Rob Ryan during the Giants / Cowboys game - and he's an even bigger fat bastard if that's possible!

Jul 7, 2003
I'm really looking forward to the Broncos Steelers game on Sunday. I reckon that with a bit of luck we might keep them down to a 40 point margin!

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Well the Skins sucked for all but about a third of the year so glad to see the end of the regular season really. Some good rookie bright spots with Kerrigan, Helu and Royster all doing well. As long as Cleveland don't take a QB in the draft RG III will hopefully still be available at 6 and the rebuilding can finally begin.

The defensive frailties of the Packers and Patriots make for an interesting postseason I think, there could well be surprise Superbowl line-up.

On a collegiate note the bowl games have been pretty spectacular and I'm delighted that Oregon got the Rose Bowl monkey off their back. They definitely have a shot at the BCS championship game next year if they can overcome USC in the Pac-12 next year.

WHY DID I READ THIS I had the Rose Bowl game ready to watch on my hard drive for this weekend :( been hoping for an Oregon win and looking forward to watching it but I guess at least I know they did it.....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looking like Packers v Giants, should be a great match up.
Not as confident as I would have been, if it were Atlanta.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Fairly conclusive 24-2 win by the Giants who went into this game with the worst defence of all the play off teams. Looking forward to next Sunday’s game against the Packers. At this stage I think it’s fairly open, the last encounter was pretty close with the Packers shading it 38-35. New Yorkers are hoping this could be a re-run of the ‘08 SB final.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I am not a Broncos fan at all (Seahawk) but I goddamn LOVE Tebow...

Oh, and I hate Pittsburgh for cheating us out of Superbowl XL ;)

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
No - it will definitely be the Broncos. Remember, Tebow has Jebus on his side.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Poor Ike Taylor was well and truly hung out to dry by some of the defensive play calling last night, LeBeau is a certified legend but he well over committed to defending 'the option' which just left the corners (especially Taylor because of Tebows tendency to throw left) trying to cover inside and out over massive areas of field. I have to admit one of the first plays of the game where the Bronco's were tackled for a loss by BOTH safetys had me a little worried about the ball over the top and when the chances came the Bronco's certainly executed very well.

Although we were seriously banged up for most of the game and and probably wouldn't be able to do ourselves justice next week, it doesn't make you any less disappointed that your teams season is over though does it!

Jul 7, 2003
If I went back through this thread from when Tebow started with the Broncos I had always doubted his technical ability but not his ability to win. Go back to the woeful performance against Detroit and even the poor effort against KC last week and you would never have expected him to throw a 300 yard+ game against the best (if banged up) defence in the league. I fully expect it all to end at Foxboro next week but then again, I expected us to get stuffed last night as well.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If I went back through this thread from when Tebow started with the Broncos I had always doubted his technical ability but not his ability to win. Go back to the woeful performance against Detroit and even the poor effort against KC last week and you would never have expected him to throw a 300 yard+ game against the best (if banged up) defence in the league. I fully expect it all to end at Foxboro next week but then again, I expected us to get stuffed last night as well.

The thing is we, in the UK, are not getting the full sense of just how BIG Tebow mania has become in the States to the point where regardless of how he plays, or how he has played at times, there is NO WAY Brady Quinn is coming in, as some were reporting a week ago. The viewing stats for the Steelers game are just off the charts, and just shows how big a story he has become.

Steelers @ Broncos last weekend was:
The largest TV audience for a Wild Card game EVER!
The largest TV audience for any programme in the US since the Superbowl last year!

That is just incredible.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
How about we have a go at picking the winners of this weekend's games?

Saints @ 49ers : 49ers

Denver @ The Patriots : Patriots

Houston @ Baltimore : Ravens

Giants @ Green Bay : PACKERS

4 home wins for me, although I really don't know much about Houston or Baltimore to call that one.

Go Pack, Go Pack Go!!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I think the Giants will pull an upset.

So do I. The Giants still have 15 of the players who pulled off a stunning upset 4 years ago at Lambeau beating the Packers in overtime for the NFC championship in 2008 and they at a peak at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here