Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL 2010 Season

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Did you catch any of that College game at the weekend, I think Notre Dame were on the receiving end to Michigan.

OT, 45 yard (ish) FG to tie the game up, and they faked it and the holder threw a TD pass. Superb.

Sounds like a casual flippant comment, but the Head Coach really DID have a mild heart attack.

Amazing finish.

fraid i missed it :( last game i saw was notre vs purdue, which was looking like a standard victory until the beginnings of a fightback by purdue.

still a good watch tho, i think eurosport have a lot (if not all) of their games shown, which is always nice

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Atlanta managed to hand out a spanking, does this auger well ?

Especially considering it was Snelling that did the damage after Turner left the game injured before HT.

Overall though, I don't think Atlanta will go all that far. Saints will wrap that Division up, leaving the Falcons scrambling around for a Wild Card. They look no better than a 9-7 team to me.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Would appear the death was suicide. There are reports that he spoke of "ending it" in the early stages of his rehab after his summer knee op, but no-one thought he was serious.

Or perhaps not ....

A former teammate of Kenny McKinley says not so fast on the cause of death of the Denver Broncos wide receiver, who was found dead Monday.

New York Giants cornerback D.J. Johnson told the New York Post he doesn't believe McKinley committed suicide, but rather he suspects foul play because of what he described as a dangerous climate for pro athletes in Denver.

"Something fishy went down there," Johnson told the newspaper without providing any details. "I don't think it happened the way they're saying it happened. Somebody did something to him."

Police in Arapahoe County, Colo., have said McKinley died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, adding that he had been depressed after having season-ending knee surgery last month.

Johnson also said he can't believe McKinley would commit such an act with his 2-year-old son so close by.

"He lived for his son," Johnson said.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If you have Virgin cable, all the Sky Sports channels are free until 6am Monday morning

17.30 New Orleans Saints v Atlanta Falcons
21.00 Denver Broncos v Indianapolis Colts

Unfourtunatly I am out tonight so cannot enjoy SS4 coverage tonight :tantrum:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Video Gallery

Looks like the Bears paid off the ref, as that's the only way they can beat the superior Packers.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
i stayed up to watch, with all those penalties - green bay pretty much handed it to us.. don't think we played particularly well - there are a few weaknesses in our team. if it hadn't been for all those penalties: especially when burnett took bennett out towards the end i think the result would have been very different.

i am surprised, we limped past detroit, then beat dallas and green bay. i had us done for an 8 game winning season and we're 3-0 already so who knows. i thought up until last night green bay looked ok but they were pretty disjointed and sloppy - can't afford too many performances like that this year.

but still, if you'd offered me 3-0 i'd have laughed at you before the season started so we're happy. flying over to new york on friday night and we'll be at the new meadowlands for the giants game then see us at carolina and the two home games against seattle and washington. looking forward to it.

i'll probably come back and we'll be 3-4 though

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Good weekend for the 2 New York sides. Giants beating the Bears 17-3 and the Jets demolishing the Bills 38-14. The Jets held a 2-1 time of possession chokehold which allowed them to do just about anything they wanted. The best thing that happened to the Jets was losing to Baltimore in the opener because it spurred them on to greater things.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Good weekend for the 2 New York sides. Giants beating the Bears 17-3 and the Jets demolishing the Bills 38-14. The Jets held a 2-1 time of possession chokehold which allowed them to do just about anything they wanted. The best thing that happened to the Jets was losing to Baltimore in the opener because it spurred them on to greater things.

No. It was a good weekend for the 2 New Jersey sides. It was a terrible weekend for the 1 New York side. And yes, as a Bills STH I have to be that pedantic. It's all I have left :p

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
No. It was a good weekend for the 2 New Jersey sides. It was a terrible weekend for the 1 New York side. And yes, as a Bills STH I have to be that pedantic. It's all I have left :p

Agreed – it is the same with the “New York” Red Bulls playing in Harrison, New Jersey. But will the Bills be a New York side forever – aren’t there still mutterings about them moving to Toronto?

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Agreed – it is the same with the “New York” Red Bulls playing in Harrison, New Jersey. But will the Bills be a New York side forever – aren’t there still mutterings about them moving to Toronto?

Ralph Wilson is 92(ish). Did not show up for the home season opener. Was not there yesterday (that I could tell) for the Hall Of Fame induction (Edgerson). The rumours are that Ralph is very sick. I believe when Ralph goes the Bills go.

I doubt they move to Toronto. The Toronto experiment (1 regular season game a year in Toronto over 5 years) has been a disaster.

The Red Bulls are in Harrison. Beautiful looking stadium. I hope to get there next year if we are not scheduled to play mid week.

Jul 7, 2003
Unexpected Broncos win this weekend with a whole 19 yards rushing. Maroney is dreadful and the sooner we get Moreno back the better as Orton can't carry the whole offense on his own (he was lead rusher today with a mighty 11 yards:()

Must also recognise the win for the Jags against the Colts which helped Billy Mays make up in a small way for the Gators defeat on Saturday.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
A Jags win , even with a last gasp FG against the Colts , in no way makes up for a Gators defeat. Fortunately UF lose so rarely it's not something I have to contemplate too often and normal service will be resumed next weekend when LSU are humbled in Gainesville. Truer to say that another defeat for Georgia (1-4 now) did more to ease the pain.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Brett Favre set another 2 NFL records – first person to throw 70,000 yards as well as toss 500 touchdown passes. Somehow these ‘records’ seem a bit meaningless after a point – you start to think so what. Not enough though to stop the Vikings losing 29-20 to his old club the Jets.

The papers seem more interested in all the allegations from female staff at the Jets about the ‘lewd texts and photos’ he was supposed to be sending. Only in America.

Jul 7, 2003
This thread is much quieter than previous years which is a shame.

Anyway, are any NSC'ers heading to Wembley in a couple of weeks time? Also, has anyone been to the Green Man Tailgate party to judge whether it is suitable to take a 10 year old to?

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

Anyway, are any NSC'ers heading to Wembley in a couple of weeks time? Also, has anyone been to the Green Man Tailgate party to judge whether it is suitable to take a 10 year old to?

Yeah, I'm going to Wembley this year. First time.

Also going to watch Eagles v Vikings on Boxing Day in Philly. Now THAT will be good!

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs

Green Man is OK. Basically a lot of blokes wearing football shirts standing around in a big pub garden drinking beer and eating burgers.

Oh and top game late on Sunday. Better game than the soccerball on Saturday anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here