Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL 2010 Season

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Redskins fan here. We should do better than last year but need an awful lot of players to click for us to challenge for honours this season. As long as we beat Dallas I'll be happy. It'll be interesting to see how 'Mr Popular' Albert Haynesworth gets on as well as Trent Williams in his rookie year. Looking forward to a transitional season to recover from last years shambles.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Buffalo Bills fan. I know what sporting suffering is...

I'm also a Bills fan. Wasn't really all that 'into' American Football until I went to the 'American Bowl' at Wembley in 1991, which was between Philadelphia and Buffalo. Figured I couldn't really support a team called the 'Eagles' so Buffalo got the kiss of death. Sure enough they went on to lose the next 3 Superbowls :facepalm:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Took in my first Packers game last year at Lambeau vs 49ers - Awesome as the yanks say........
Think the packers have a shot this year - but so do 10-12 teams which is what makes the NFL (Premier League take note).
Looking forward to welcoming Brett back to Green Bay - The Judas - bit like when hammond steps out at Withdean again!! Go Pack!!

Packers fan here too.

How easy (or hard) was it to get tickets for the Lambeau?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
San Diego Chargers here. Think we'll be hard pushed to do as well as last year with McNeill and Jackson holding out, which is turning ugly. Mathews should improve the running game though, and hopefully Merriman will actually be fit and motivated this year.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Talk, yes. How serious, who knows? It's always a shock when a franchise moves - I couldn't see the Browns leaving Cleveland given their support, but they did, so Buffalo's support alone won't be enough to keep them there. If they move, I'll stop supporting them - I can't stand it when that happens. What it must feel like for the people actually living there and supporting them live is mind-boggling.

I suspect they'll certainly expand the number of 'home' games they play there rather than move outright, but you just never know. If there's such a huge appetite in some cities for NFL football, why don't they consider a couple more expansion franchises?

They've not been selling out the games at the Rogers Centre, and remember the 1st one where there was louder vocal support for the Dolphins. Toronto is a good fan base for Buffalo, but I think if this experiment was for testing the waters for sharing/moving the team there, its failed.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Redskins fan here. We should do better than last year but need an awful lot of players to click for us to challenge for honours this season. As long as we beat Dallas I'll be happy. It'll be interesting to see how 'Mr Popular' Albert Haynesworth gets on as well as Trent Williams in his rookie year. Looking forward to a transitional season to recover from last years shambles.

:thumbsup:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Big Cowboys fan here, and I can't wait for it all to start. Got a couple of Fantasy Leagues up and running, and Thursday 9th Sept can't come round soon enough.

Who will win it this year? Who knows, and that's what is so brilliant about the NFL. The last 3 seasons we have seen 12 different teams in the Championship Games. That's a completely different last 4 teams each year. That's enough to make heads explode of the Chairmen of the EPL.

Cowboys do have a shot this year, but the o-line does remain a worry. The Vikings took it apart last year in post-season, and arguably it's weaker now, especially with Columbo and Kosier inj, and Adams released.

I think the dark horses who could have much better seasons than recent years are the 49ers, and the Bengals. A lot comes down to staying injury free of course, and the Bengals suffered badly last season. The D was strong early doors before injuries hurt them, and the Offense suffered when the late Chris Henry broke his arm. TO and Chad are a dream ticket or a tinderbox waiting to go up, but it'll be fun. Benson needs a repeat of last season though.

While the 49ers are in a weak division, and they are the strong team coming through. A lot will be on the shoulders of Smith, but he has the weapons around him, and some excellent looking rookies on the o-line to protect him. They do need someone to come out and share carries with Gore though, after the shock retirement of Coffee.

Should be another GREAT season. Bring it on!!!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
great to see this thread pop up again.

Purchased NFL GamePass this year, already enjoying the 24/7 NFL Network. Anyone else used it before?

yes. for a few years. i think it is great value and have never had a problem with it buffering or anything.

da bears here. we're going to america for almost all of october for two weddings and other family stuff and have managed to work it so we can get to the bears@ giants, went to the old meadowlands last year so looking forward to the new one, it looked good from the outside. then bears @ panthers and the two home games against seahawks and redskins. then back home in time for the international series at wembley.

think the bears are in for a tough season. not impressed with our off season. cutler simply has to do better this year, if we can keep the ball on the ground and run it a bit more it'll be better. all that throwing it around of last year was woeful. but we have mike martz in on the coaching team and i am not sure he even knows how to keep the ball down.

i think julius peppers is a decent addition to our defense but we're no where near good enough to be above the packers and vikings. i'd like to think we can better last seasons win-loss but don't hold out much hope.

ravens for the superbowl.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think the Bears D could be a major upgrade on last season. Getting Urlacher fit again, and Peppers to get after the QB, and that makes that group a whole new proposition.

As for keeping it on the ground, you've got two conflicting off season moves. Bringing Chester Taylor on board, is a great move, suggesting that you will lean more on the run game with a split backfield of Forte and Taylor. However, as you say, Mike Martz has come on board, and that just means one thing ... the ball goes up in the air. That looks to me like a throw of the Cutler dice. Here you go Jay, a Head Coach to give you an offensive scheme that will showcase your skills, let's see if you have them.

I think Cutler will come good, and the Bears will have a good season. But it's a tough division!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I’ll be watching HBO’s “Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the New York Jets” tonight – when the Jets travel to meet the Carolina Panthers as part of their pre-season schedule. It’s also available on line – click on the link and it’s episode 3 – you’ll need to register but it’s quick.

http://www.hbo.com/?cmpid=s1b#/hard-knocks

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
I’ll be watching HBO’s “Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the New York Jets” tonight – when the Jets travel to meet the Carolina Panthers as part of their pre-season schedule. It’s also available on line – click on the link and it’s episode 3 – you’ll need to register but it’s quick.

http://www.hbo.com/?cmpid=s1b#/hard-knocks

I've watched the first couple of episodes and really liked it. Do you know if it's available to non-US viewers to watch it live online?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I've watched the first couple of episodes and really liked it. Do you know if it's available to non-US viewers to watch it live online?

Yea – it’s a good series. Just read their FAQs and it look like only US residents can register at this time – apologies about that.

Jul 7, 2003
Broncos fan here - given the injuries we are racking up in pre-season I'm not expecting anything better than an 8-8 season at best.

Purchased NFL GamePass this year, already enjoying the 24/7 NFL Network. Anyone else used it before?

I buy the weekly pass rather than the full season one as MNF and Sky games are not shown live through gamepass and the Broncos tend to get four or five games on TV here each season. There were problems at the start of last season with the service but it settled down after the first few weeks.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Broncos fan here.... off to see us play The oakland faiders at mile high 24th October then returning for the wembley game on the 31st... Can't wait. Love the NFL, brilliant game. People who don't like it or find it boring just don't understand it. Such a brutal game.

this year, we shall be mostly 8-8.... Orton has improved, but our D is not getting younger. Can't wait to get my tebow 15 shirt when i visit the great city..

and just to put things in perspective, my two tickets ( me and the Mrs) for the oakland game cost me $25 each... thats about £18... Slightly better value than any premier league game over here

Paddy Finucane

WW2 Hero
Jul 26, 2004
Redhill
Packers fan here too.

How easy (or hard) was it to get tickets for the Lambeau?

Easier than you think - go to Packerfantours.com - you can get a complete package from them or just buy a ticket and book flights/hotels yourself. The 49ers game last year was 22nd Sept i think which was just after the Hunting season started - lots of fans go off to hunt the deer at w/e's so plenty of tickets knocking about outside the stadium as well!

Another site is titletowntickets.com which is run by Fuzzy Thurston the all pro guard from the 60's - spoke to him briefly at his tailgate party - nice guy!

Jul 7, 2003
So 1 and 0 or 0 and 1 after the first game at Everbank Field then?
Happy Birthday for yesterday by the way.

Think it will depend who we get fit for the first game but not that confident. Of course, I would have come over to watch the game but you have given my room away:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here