Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Bobby Jenrick

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Johnson stands down as an MP

Rory Stewart stands as Tory candidate for Uxbridge and South Ruislip.

Wins and becomes PM

Let's get some adults back in the room.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Oops... i thought all the options were Tory... i didn't see Starmer hiding in that list...

Unfortunately, Starmer is so often forgotten or overlooked. I have a horrible feeling it will happen whenever the next general election happens.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I am a member of the Conservative Party (don’t castigate me!) - so my vote really does count

At this moment I haven’t a clue who to vote for

No doubt I will be wooed in due course …

Won’t they fix it so you only have a choice of two candidates?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Johnson stands down as an MP

Rory Stewart stands as Tory candidate for Uxbridge and South Ruislip.

Wins and becomes PM

Let's get some adults back in the room.

Is that at all likely? I’d almost forgotten about him but he used to be the standout for me as a potential Tory leader. Would make a good PM imo

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s not a inspiring list

baf8ca9215945694e61ea021e14bc069.jpg

At least the top 3 aren’t too stained by Johnson although I’m surprised Truss, Gove and Raab poll so highly. Patel on 3% is a lot higher than I’d have thought she’d be at too.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Doubts have been cast on Truss. Mainly because the party just don’t see her as enough of a threat to the opposition. In short, too much potential for embarrassment. She is ****ing terrible under scrutiny and in front of the camera.

They HAVE to pick a winner. Patel won’t get anywhere near it either. The Rwanda solution is too divisive. She presents a conundrum because she is racist, so she appeals to core Tory voters but her second name is Patel. Which those core Tory voters won’t like.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

not sure what Mordaunt has done to be so popular. Wallace looks competent at Defense because military, cant see him really doing anything as party leader.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Really looking forward to the competition with them blaming each other for the car crash that has been the Johnson Government.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Someone who has not been in the current Government - I'd like Tom Tugenhat.

Left of the party, Remainer and highly intelligent.

Unfortunately it won't happen.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Boris Johnson isn’t on the list.
Does anyone really think he’s going to walk away? He didn’t resign yesterday and there’s good reason to believe that he won’t resign in three months time

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
A bit of a pointless poll, Crodo.

Because of our antiquated political establishment, on all sides, the general electorate has absolutely no say in who will be the next PM.

Only the 140,000 Tory Party members get to decide this.

The Worlds Greatest Democracy.

What a ****ing joke.

That's cause we don't run a presidential system, and look where that got the USA

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
A bit of a pointless poll, Crodo.

Because of our antiquated political establishment, on all sides, the general electorate has absolutely no say in who will be the next PM.

Only the 140,000 Tory Party members get to decide this.

The Worlds Greatest Democracy.

What a ****ing joke.

And it was the retired colonels from Tunbridge Wells and the Jam & Jerusalem brigade who decided it would be a great wheeze to elect Boris as PM. Are the Tories really going to allow the right wing rent-a-mob to elect the next PM too?

If they are there is no need to prop up Boris in No 10 for months. Have ONE ballot amongst MPs and then the top two put forward to the loonies to vote on. Could be done by end of next week.

Shame on those Tories who wanted Johnson out and who, just 24 hours later, have put their hands up to serve in the government under him and ensure that the bungle**** gets a few more months to wreak havoc and devastation on our country.

The right thing would be for Labour to go ahead and hold a vote of no confidence. But you just know that the Tories would vote agin it and keep powering up Johnson. Do the Tories really want him gone at all? Makes you wonder eh?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That's cause we don't run a presidential system, and look where that got the USA

Then we should have a General Election.

I also thought this when Callaghan took over from Wilson, and when Brown took over from Blair. A job as important asPM should not be decided by such a small % of the electorate. And yes, I do realise that,that is our system, but like a lot of things in this county’s political system, it’s not fit for a modern day democracy.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Then we should have a General Election.

I also thought this when Callaghan took over from Wilson, and when Brown took over from Blair. A job as important asPM should not be decided by such a small % of the electorate. And yes, I do realise that,that is our system, but like a lot of things in this county’s political system, it’s not fit for a modern day democracy.

Agreed. It's also a system which is open to abuse. Imagine, for example, had Labour replaced Tony Blair with Jeremy Corbyn in June 1997. Perfectly acceptable under the rules of the UK Parliament, but I suspect not what many of those voting Labour in that May would have envisaged.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here