Votes: 21 12.2%
  • Woy Hodgson

Votes: 12 7.0%

• Total voters

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
That's a bit of outlier but you can 9/2 on that if you fancy her.

May is 5/2 on

You can see where the smart money's going

I heard she was 14/1 just last night, should have got on it then. & as for "smart money", that was on remain on referendum results night...

Leadsom now 7/2.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
[TWEET]748982741987844096[/TWEET]

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
[TWEET]748982352420933633[/TWEET]

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I genuinely couldn't give a toss, and that's not just because they're all Tories (although I wouldn't be surprised to find that one or more of them had jumped ship and is not actually a Tory after all, given the last week's performance of politicians ducking and diving according to their own personal interests with no sense of principle or consistency). I feel that I do not have, and probably never could have, enough reliable information about any of them, their characters and likely policy directions to make a sensible assessment of which of them would be the "least worst" Tory, in the sense of being likely to leave the UK slightly less in the economic and social sh*t that it currently seems to be.
Ironically, this feeling of not caring at all, is vaguely liberating....

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I genuinely couldn't give a toss, and that's not just because they're all Tories (although I wouldn't be surprised to find that one or more of them had jumped ship and is not actually a Tory after all, given the last week's performance of politicians ducking and diving according to their own personal interests with no sense of principle or consistency). I feel that I do not have, and probably never could have, enough reliable information about any of them, their characters and likely policy directions to make a sensible assessment of which of them would be the "least worst" Tory, in the sense of being likely to leave the UK slightly less in the economic and social sh*t that it currently seems to be.
Ironically, this feeling of not caring at all, is vaguely liberating....

I know what you mean, I feel the same way. They are all the same. Except one. Andrea Leadsom.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
May is the obvious unifying candidate at the moment, but let's see how the race changes as they get knocked out.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
May and her advisers have played the game very well and been far more opportunistic and cynical than all of the other leadership candidates combined (including Boris). While her opponents were fighting for causes they believed in or adopted positions convenient for career progression she kept a low profile waiting to see what the outcome was.

Person most likely to deliver the best deal to secure the outcome voted for by the majority ... no chance.

Person most likely to re-secure the ruling elites grip on events after being kicked in the goolies ... absolutely.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
May and her advisers have played the game very well and been far more opportunistic and cynical than all of the other leadership candidates combined (including Boris). While her opponents were fighting for causes they believed in or adopted positions convenient for career progression she kept a low profile waiting to see what the outcome was.

Person most likely to deliver the best deal to secure the outcome voted for by the majority ... no chance.

Person most likely to re-secure the ruling elites grip on events after being kicked in the goolies ... absolutely.

In the Ref campaign Leadsom put her career on the line for the sake of what she believed in.

At the same time May stayed quiet and hid for the sake of her career.

& May will struggle to unite the country and win a general election, I could see Leadsom winning a general in a landslide.

No brainer for me.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
In the Ref campaign Leadsom put her career on the line for the sake of what she believed in.

At the same time May stayed quiet and hid for the sake of her career.

& May will struggle to unite the country and win a general election, I could see Leadsom winning a general in a landslide.

No brainer for me.

I hope a Brexiteer does become PM as it is the only way the will of the majority will be truly represented but I have a nasty feeling the Tory membership will go for the safe option (May) .. hope I am proved wrong.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I hope a Brexiteer does become PM as it is the only way the will of the majority will be truly represented but I have a nasty feeling the Tory membership will go for the safe option (May) .. hope I am proved wrong.

It's interesting, I agree with you but I would limit that only to MPs. When it comes down to the final two and the ballot is thrown open to all 150,000 or so party members it could be a different story. If Leadsom can make the final two, and I think she very well could, then who knows? Especially if you consider the unbelievable support Leadsom is getting on social media. I would like to think that party members will factor in the public popularity of a nominee, if it seems overwhelmingly in favor of one candidate over another. After all, they want to be able to unite the country and pick a candidate people admire too. I'm not sure how much public support May really has. I also think, when Leadsom announces her platform and gets heard, she will come across as having a much more positive and optimistic outlook and approach for the country than May does, and that tends to be popular too. Oh & she is Brexit, which like you say, really ought to be a requirement in this race. I'm hopeful that Leadsom can take this, she has a lot of important factors on her side, she just has to make the final two.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So Gove's wife, Sarah Vine, is a Daily Mail columnist.

And what about her "leaked" email that exposes her involvement in Gove’s political career and hints that there are potential sources of disagreement already about the role he could play in a government led by Johnson.

The email read: “Very important that we focus on the individual obstacles and thoroughly overcome them before moving to the next. I really think Michael needs to have a Henry or a Beth with him for this morning’s crucial meetings.

“One simple message: you MUST have SPECIFIC from Boris OTHERWISE you cannot guarantee your support. The details can be worked out later on, but without that you have no leverage.

“Crucially, the membership will not have the necessary reassurance to back Boris, neither will Dacre/Murdoch, who instinctively dislike Boris but trust your ability enough to support a Boris Gove ticket.

“Do not concede any ground. Be your stubborn best.

“GOOD LUCK.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...feit-vodka-made-from-anti-freeze-9948447.html

Who the hell is running this show :mad:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's interesting, I agree with you but I would limit that only to MPs. When it comes down to the final two and the ballot is thrown open to all 150,000 or so party members it could be a different story. If Leadsom can make the final two, and I think she very well could, then who knows? Especially if you consider the unbelievable support Leadsom is getting on social media. I would like to think that party members will factor in the public popularity of a nominee, if it seems overwhelmingly in favor of one candidate over another. After all, they want to be able to unite the country and pick a candidate people admire too. I'm not sure how much public support May really has. I also think, when Leadsom announces her platform and gets heard, she will come across as having a much more positive and optimistic outlook and approach for the country than May does, and that tends to be popular too. Oh & she is Brexit, which like you say, really ought to be a requirement in this race. I'm hopeful that Leadsom can take this, she has a lot of important factors on her side, she just has to make the final two.

It will almost certainly end up with May against a Brexiteer candidate. I wouldn't put too much faith in social media popularity as most of the Tory membership are unlikely to be avid social media users.

May is playing the unity/safety first card which is likely to appeal to a Conservative minded electorate .. fingers crossed the Tory membership are as bloody minded as the UK electorate.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So Gove's wife, Sarah Vine, is a Daily Mail columnist.

And what about her "leaked" email that exposes her involvement in Gove’s political career and hints that there are potential sources of disagreement already about the role he could play in a government led by Johnson.

The email read: “Very important that we focus on the individual obstacles and thoroughly overcome them before moving to the next. I really think Michael needs to have a Henry or a Beth with him for this morning’s crucial meetings.

“One simple message: you MUST have SPECIFIC from Boris OTHERWISE you cannot guarantee your support. The details can be worked out later on, but without that you have no leverage.

“Crucially, the membership will not have the necessary reassurance to back Boris, neither will Dacre/Murdoch, who instinctively dislike Boris but trust your ability enough to support a Boris Gove ticket.

“Do not concede any ground. Be your stubborn best.

“GOOD LUCK.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...feit-vodka-made-from-anti-freeze-9948447.html

Who the hell is running this show :mad:

At the moment no one, which may be scary for some but I find it rather refreshing .. about time they all got a kick up the arse.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It will almost certainly end up with May against a Brexiteer candidate. I wouldn't put too much faith in social media popularity as most of the Tory membership are unlikely to be avid social media users.

May is playing the unity/safety first card which is likely to appeal to a Conservative minded electorate .. fingers crossed the Tory membership are as bloody minded as the UK electorate.

Any active party member will likely have a twitter account, and if they have they will notice plenty of messages in support of Andrea coming their way. I'd imagine there are a lot of MPs getting those kinds of emails in their inbox right now too, and likely not so many urging support for May either. It's not a deciding factor perhaps, but it'll be noticed I'm sure.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Consensus says that Gove stabbed Boris Berlusconi in the back, or front.
But there's a strong case to say that it's the other way round.
Gove is the lamest of ducks in this contest, scrapping the barrel with The Disgraced former Defence Secretary, the insult to Foxes and Gays Can Be Cured (as can Crabbs).
Why did Boris run at the first sign of a challenge?
It's entirely plausible that:
-- he's a coward, and couldn't handle the pace
-- he thinks that the situation in front of him is too dire
-- that this is all just a game to him, and he didn't want to be around when it all got serious

But it's also entirely plausible that he realised that Gove in all likelihood had as good as succeeded as seriously put his run for the top job in peril. There's one thing that Boris Berlusconi could think of in such a situation, and that's to resort to the Eton parlour games, and take down the one that got him with him. Gove for some bizarre reason thinks we need him at the moment, but he's been stabbed in the back -- or front -- by Boris Berlusconi.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Any active party member will likely have a twitter account, and if they have they will notice plenty of messages in support of Andrea coming their way. I'd imagine there are a lot of MPs getting those kinds of emails in their inbox right now too, and likely not so many urging support for May either. It's not a deciding factor perhaps, but it'll be noticed I'm sure.

It's looking like a Theresa-Andrea head-to-head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here