To the stunning

James3.jpg

with a Bond theme from the singing busdriver

It really did peak fairly early :wink:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What I loved about the Craig era was that they made a set of movies that tracked his start as 007 to it's conclusion. It felt like a real narrative rather than separate films representing unconnected adventures. Craig's Bond managed to convey a bit of inner turmoil that I don't recall other Bond's managing, or attempting to manage - perhaps Lazenby in On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and Dalton had his moments too. Perhaps Craig's heart on his sleeve performances were a bit too much for some people's Bonds but I thought it really was a great set of movies and recently watched them all through again.

Would be interesting to take it to a new place. Perhaps more intelligence / technology / brains led than brawn and fighting skills. I quite like the idea of say a Tom Holland playing a modern Bond that is all spy craft and less Jason Bourne / Ethan Hunt.

Think I'd go along with all that. Think Craig has been a brilliant bond. Some really gritty performances and, when he's been in a fight, he looks like he's been in a fight.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As for the next bond, as someone pointed out, age is relevant. Craig has been the longest serving bond so if it followed that pattern then you're looking at someone between 35 and 40. Just north of that bracket though is Charlie Hunnam!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Barbara Broccoli told Variety:

“He can be of any color, but he is male… I believe we should be creating new characters for women—strong female characters. I’m not particularly interested in taking a male character and having a woman play it. I think women are far more interesting than that.”

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just saw this story about an awesome corn maze with a Bond design(See below), and got me thinking again about who the next Bond will be. Never really a fan of Daniel Craig tbh, and hard to beat Connery or Moore, but my personal choices are either Tom Hardy or Tom Hiddleston. Any other Bond fans here? Thoughts about next Bond? Favorite movie? Mine is Thunderball.

Huge Bond fan so hope they get it right.

Corn Maze:

View attachment 152245

Tim Hiddleson? Not heard of him since he left derby County.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think the new Bond should be a woman like Dr Who

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Guy bottom left on that maze is tony Hancock isn’t it?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As for the next bond, as someone pointed out, age is relevant. Craig has been the longest serving bond so if it followed that pattern then you're looking at someone between 35 and 40.

Spot on. And it depends in which direction they want to take the Bond character and the nature of the plots the character will be involved with. Nobody knows that apart from a select few.

I think that they could get round this clamour for a female "Bond" by having a female "007" instead. It would be easy to replace Bond - at least temporarily - given the ending to the previous movie.

Indeed, Batman led to Batgirl, Superman led to Wonderwoman, The Bionic Man led to The Bionic Woman so this is normally the way these things go.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Dan Stevens fits the bill and is making waves in the US but maybe a bit old.

20220927_221712.jpg

How about Damson Idris from Snowfall? He's black and British and would be an excellent bond.

20220927_221739.jpg

Last edited:

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Tom Ellis for me , but definitely not a black actor . Bond was a typically British arrogant chauvinistic RN Commander of the time the books were written , the same as you would never have a white actor play Shaft or Superfly .

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Tom Ellis for me , but definitely not a black actor . Bond was a typically British arrogant chauvinistic RN Commander of the time the books were written , the same as you would never have a white actor play Shaft or Superfly .

You know, I think you will find that today, they let Black people join the Navy too. They even allow some at Eton!
Truly, white people are never going to be accepted in US 1970's black ghettos. But Bond films are not set in the past, even if the character was originally from a different time, in modern Bond films, Bond is modern, so it is not the same ting blud.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Ian Flemings Bond could not have been black, no. Not a chance you could send a black guy to most foreign countries to do spionage and secret agent things in the 1950s as it would scream "American agent". But if they keep him in the modern era, I don't see why not - Craig, Brosnan or Daltons Bond could have been black without making the movies (even more) unrealistic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here