Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Next Conservative Leader - Rishi Sunak

Who should be the next leader of the conservative party?

• Boris

Votes: 48 17.8%
  • Therese Coffey

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Rishi Sunak

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • Penny Mourdant

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • Ben Wallace

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Mick Gove

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Suella Braverman

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Chris Grayling

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Matt Hancock

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Sir Graham Brady

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • Dom Raab

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadine Dorries

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Pretty Patel

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Storm in a teacup, but so predictable. Until India, China and the USA agree to actually do something about it does anyone with a brain think Sunak actually being there is going to have any more effect than just pissing in the wind?

Any stick will do, it’s pathetic, there are plenty of better sticks available
Last year we did at least seem to be taking it seriously, Alok Sharma
Maybe the Conservative's Net Zero Scrutiny Group have got involved. Much like the ERG, a bunch of thick Tory MPs pretending to be intellectual and significant. Steve Baker is involved...

It also has strong links to a climate change denial group, Global Warming Policy Foundation.
90 heads of State attending COP27 including President Biden.

Sunak not attending is a really bad look on the world stage.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Last year we did at least seem to be taking it seriously, Alok Sharma

90 heads of State attending COP27 including President Biden.

Sunak not attending is a really bad look on the world stage.
I'm puzzled as to how Sunak can stop Charles going if he wants to - Charles is in theory head of state, with Sunak his underling. Agree it is a VERY bad look indeed, but then I guess most outside people look at this country with pity with how much of a shambles it is in at the moment.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
66232E25-41A9-40E4-9276-0416A734CD89.jpeg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What, like to replace them with another set of tossers?
For someone who thinks they are 'all the same and all tossers' you seem to spend a fait bit of time on the political threads, and I know people in glass houses etc, but I don't think they are 'ALL tossers' and certainly not all the same, even within the same party :wink:

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Who knows.

Flip a coin see how it lands.

The current lot, though, already have a coin which landed "tossers up".
I think I’d need a bit more convincing
For someone who thinks they are 'all the same and all tossers' you seem to spend a fait bit of time on the political threads, and I know people in glass houses etc, but I don't think they are 'ALL tossers' :wink:
I think if you went back and looked i dont spend that much time at all :)
Generally i dont post on this type of thread with my ‘serious‘ hat on ..and sometimes deliberately act the contrarian …much prefer to talk seriously about politics over a cup of coffee where even if you disagree vehemently with the other person you can shake hands at the end

ps no they aren’t all tossers and that includes the current incumbents in my opinion

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My preference would be for him to stay and focus on the economy , naturally I’d be saying the same thing had he gone.

Just send Boris, not like he’s busy with constituents, it’s basically a holiday anyway
Surely he's got 'people' to look after the economy for him? If not, it's a bit of a shitshow :shrug:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Surely he's got 'people' to look after the economy for him? If not, it's a bit of a shitshow :shrug:
You could say the same about the climate change surely?

He can’t win either way how ever I suspect he’s gone with staying put based on the focus he’s declared he’s working on

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think I’d need a bit more convincing

I think if you went back and looked i dont spend that much time at all :)
Generally i dont post on this type of thread with my ‘serious‘ hat on ..and sometimes deliberately act the contrarian …much prefer to talk seriously about politics over a cup of coffee where even if you disagree vehemently with the other person you can shake hands at the end

ps no they aren’t all tossers and that includes the current incumbents in my opinion
:nono:

Do you want milk in that coffee :wink:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You could say the same about the economy surely?

He can’t win either way how ever I suspect he’s gone with staying put based on the focus he’s declared he’s working on
Eh? I WAS talking about the economy.

I don't know why he's not going - is he planning on not taking any trips abroad because [insert domestic issue] is more important and he NEEDS to stay in the UK?

Seems a bit odd to me...

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Eh? I WAS talking about the economy.

I don't know why he's not going - is he planning on not taking any trips abroad because [insert domestic issue] is more important and he NEEDS to stay in the UK?

Seems a bit odd to me...
An unfortunate typo on my post - meant to say you could say the same as having people to work on climate change as well

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Sunak's deal with Braverman is unravelling fast isn't it.
Who would’ve guessed that hiring one of the most unpopular Tories in recent memory, who resigned just a week earlier under very dubious circumstances, could backfire.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Who would’ve guessed that hiring one of the most unpopular Tories in recent memory, who resigned just a week earlier under very dubious circumstances, could backfire.
She's loved and loathed in equal measure I would think. Her comments on migrants and her actions at Manston will have endeared her to many Tories and racists. The problem is that saying the right thing only takes you so far up the greasy pole of Tory politics, she has been shown up to be pretty poor at her job and additionally seems to be a security risk too.

Video exists of her talking up Brexit before the vote and explaining that the EU would somehow owe us money after we leave, we all know what happened next. I believe she spouted off something about increasing fines and penalties for drug possession and use, yet that well known user, Mr Gove was wheeled out to try to defend her on the Sunday politics shows.. oh the irony !

In a nutshell we have a Home Secretary with views and actions that would have seemed unthinkable a mere 5 years ago but now has twice been in one of the four great offices of state. I think she has to go, yet again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here