[Politics] Next Conservative Leader - Rishi Sunak

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who should be the next leader of the conservative party?

• Boris

Votes: 48 17.8%
  • Therese Coffey

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Rishi Sunak

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • Penny Mourdant

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • Ben Wallace

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Mick Gove

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Suella Braverman

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Chris Grayling

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Matt Hancock

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Sir Graham Brady

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • Dom Raab

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadine Dorries

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Pretty Patel

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am saying the two main issues at the moment at russia/lockdown

Unless I missed Germxit?
That's not the opinion of Guy Hands, a mega wealthy hedge fund owner and staunch Tory, who claimed that the way we've handled Brexit is the number one issue for the country and will lead to us being the "sick man" of Europe and going cap in hand to the IMF for the first time since the 70s.

I'll just repeat that. A staunch Tory who literally makes his money from betting on these things.

While lockdown cost a lot in furlough it was priced into budgets properly and there was no massive recession or increase in interest rates. People simply spent on other things (pets, wine, Netflix, books). Many who ended up WFH saved a fortune on commuting costs (that they are now paying to run their home offices on increased energy costs).

I know you were a lockdown denier but things are FAR worse now, economically, and Brexit has left us in a position where it's almost impossible to recover.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some people might have concerns over the majority being crowded out of opportunities by people who've been given an artificial leg up, and the consequences of that in terms of group think at the top of industries and institutions.
Or "some people" just like yet another stick to beat him with before he has even come up with his policies as a PM. Patience is a virtue

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Some people might have concerns over the majority being crowded out of opportunities by people who've been given an artificial leg up, and the consequences of that in terms of group think at the top of industries and institutions.
I had to re-read this three times, each time my brain refused to acknowledge the “up” after leg, and thought it was a bizarre anti-disability rant against unipeds.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Rees-Mogg, Chief Whip both gone. I thought this was the new era of the 'Unity' leader??
He can’t win, really though can he? He comes in, immediate complaints about Brexit. He makes changes to get rid of toxic people from his government, he’s disloyal.

Were he to keep everyone, the comments would be that it’s jobs for the boys, he’s keeping the same old failures around and expecting a different result.

I am dead against this government but even I can see it’s a logical fallacy.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Therese Coffee has promised Sunak her 'full support'.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
sunak.jpg

#Ready4Rishi

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports