Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Next Conservative Leader - Rishi Sunak

Who should be the next leader of the conservative party?

• Boris

Votes: 48 17.8%
  • Therese Coffey

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Rishi Sunak

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • Penny Mourdant

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • Ben Wallace

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Mick Gove

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Suella Braverman

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Chris Grayling

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Matt Hancock

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Sir Graham Brady

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Jacob Rees-Mogg

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • Dom Raab

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadine Dorries

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Pretty Patel

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
If we get the ‘dream ticket’ the media are suggesting will it be a case of Johnson fighting the next election and then win or lose abdicating and anointing Sunak at a later date?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
You think Sunak will trust Johnson to stick with anything like that?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Anyone reckon there will be some 'consultation' going on between the Mordaunt and Sunak camps to squeeze out Big Dog from the final two, then Mordaunt dropping out?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anyone reckon there will be some 'consultation' going on between the Mordaunt and Sunak camps to squeeze out Big Dog from the final two, then Mordaunt dropping out?
Perhaps.

Sunak just needs 100 for now. He should be telling MP’s past that 100 threshold to back Penny.

I can’t believe that canine c*** has stopped skiving off Parliament, ended his perma-holiday and is back in the UK to try and sneak back into Downing Street. I’ll be joining the 1m+ other people marching on the capital if that f***er gets back in. He is not fit for public duty, the Tories have decided that once, this is not a U-turn the country (or Tory Party) can handle.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Perhaps.

Sunak just needs 100 for now. He should be telling MP’s past that 100 threshold to back Penny.

I can’t believe that canine c*** has stopped skiving off Parliament, ended his perma-holiday and is back in the UK to try and sneak back into Downing Street. I’ll be joining the 1m+ other people marching on the capital if that f***er gets back in. He is not fit for public duty, the Tories have decided that once, this is not a U-turn the country (or Tory Party) can handle.
I'd happily join any march demanding a General Election, in fact it wouldn't matter who they chose.

General Election now !

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If we get the ‘dream ticket’ the media are suggesting will it be a case of Johnson fighting the next election and then win or lose abdicating and anointing Sunak at a later date?

Boris remains under investigation by the Parliamentary Standards Committee, which could, in theory, lead to him being suspended from Parliament, or even being kicked out as an MP.

It would be very risky letting that sleazeball back in power.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Seeing the legions of online political obsessives emerging from their back bedrooms, safe spaces and echo chambers taking to the streets would be a sight to behold (wrap up warm) .... almost worth giving Big Dog another go!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It genuinely beggars belief Johnson is even mentioned as a potential candidate. We’re ruined.
He's back in the country! William Hague just said if he becomes leader again the party will enter a 'death spiral' :eek:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hi @WATFORD zero,None of them, but to even to consider Johnson is utter madness.
As a Tory voter, I am appalled by the mess that has been created. The writing was on the wall with the disastrous Brexit vote result.
Personally, if the Tory party had the best interests of the country at heart, they should go for a General Election and let the country decide.
PS.
I haven’t got the hang of this new fangled NSC yet……..I blame old age.
Mate, I feel your pain. That's how I was when Corbyn was leading my lot. At least I didn't have the fate of the country to worry about....

:thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolutely spot on.

The same anti-centrists also regularly refer to Blair as a War Criminal which is factually incorrect. Yet you never see them refer to actual convicted war criminals from that era such as Tariq Aziz as such. It's bizarre, libellous and no different to Palace fans stating Dunk is a sex criminal.

Every time the lie gets posted on here I have an urge to crack down on it, yet no doubt there'd be a large cabal crying that moderation of such statements was politically motivated.
Quite.

There is a poster whose user pic is Blair's face splattered with blood. That's on a par with all that Bobby Sands bollox that another (now perma-banned) poster used to use to promote his agenda, in my view.

I suppose that when people write lies then other people can challenge them. It gets out of hand when it gets into a cycle of rinse and repeat. The poster I took issue with appears to have decided to not defend his comments, which is probably for the best.

:thumbsup:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Boris remains under investigation by the Parliamentary Standards Committee, which could, in theory, lead to him being suspended from Parliament, or even being kicked out as an MP.

It would be very risky letting that sleazeball back in power.
If he becomes PM, this will be a brilliant excuse for Rishi to kick the **** out of the party when the inevitable comes to life.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
BBC article just now:

Raab thinks Johnson could eventually make a return to front-line politics, but says it's impossible to do so while he faces a parliamentary investigation into whether he misled MPs over Covid rule-breaking.

"There's going to be oral testimony from people from No 10 and he's going to have to give oral testimony; I just can't see how the new PM could give the country the attention and focus that it needs," he says.

"We cannot go backwards. We cannot have another episode of the Groundhog Day of the soap opera of Partygate."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here