Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I did wonder if he'd want to come given their European campaign, but if this league season is turning out to be a bit tougher then maybe we are on.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
De Zerbi would be very interesting. Did a cracking job at Sassuolo and he’s very highly thought of as a young up and coming coach.

Also showed he had real balls and moral integrity in Ukraine.
Moral integrity? We'll be having none of that silly nonsense in the EPL please.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

He sounds identical to potter.

‘With that said, Bodo have arguably been found out this season as teams are looking to sit back and attack them on transitions. They are currently 10 points behind leaders – Molde FK and are struggling to create as many chances as they have created in the past. So, it brings a question mark on Knutsen’s ability to adapt if possessed with a distinct challenge, but this season’s downfall has partly come as a result of several key players leaving the club.’

Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Better quality than I think some give it credit for, but yes not up to the standards that I hope it can attain one day. As far as the best choice for us in regards to current MLS managers just as a hypothetical, I would take Caleb Porter.

Actually Caleb Porter was the manager of the Portland Timbers team that won the MLS cup in 2015 and he also won the MLS cup in 2020 with his current team, Columbus (Ohio) Crew. Caleb was born in Tacoma, Washington which is in the Seattle area and he learned his football at, yes, INDIANA University.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Brighton target Kjetil Knutsen and Roberto De Zerbi for manager's job
The Norwegian coach Kjetil Knutsen and the Italian Roberto De Zerbi are among the names under consideration to be the new manager of Brighton and Hove Albion when the club begins the appointment process in earnest next week.

In light of the sudden departure to Chelsea this week of manager Graham Potter – whose official title was head coach –the club now have until October 1 before their next game following this weekend’s pause of the Premier League and the subsequent postponement of the game against Crystal Palace that was scheduled for next weekend.

The chairman Tony Bloom, chief executive Paul Barber and technical director David Weir have time to make their decision and they are keen for a new man who fits with their developmental philosophy, especially when it comes to young players.

Knutsen, 53, has enjoyed phenomenal success taking Bodo/Glimt, from the town of Bodo, north of the Arctic Circle, into the Europa League. He has been named Norway’s top-flight Eliteserien manager of the year for the previous three seasons.

Another possible candidate is the Italian De Zerbi, a 43-year-old, who was key to the recent Serie A successes of Sassuolo. He took over for their fifth recent season in the Italian top-flight in 2018 and stayed for three years, ending with an eighth-place finish. He is currently out of work having most recently managed the Ukrainian club Shakhtar Donetsk.

Under the latest FA governing-body endorsement (GBE) requirement scheme, Norway’s Elisteserien is now listed as one of the world leagues that earns points for prospective managers seeking a work permit to manage in Britain. An applicant for a GBE work permit must have spent either a cumulative total of 36 months or 24 months consecutively in the last five years working as a manager or head coach in one of 35 listed leagues. That list now includes the Eliteserien in its final Band 5 category having previously been excluded by the Home Office.

Brighton are looking at a number of options. The club have been interested by the achievements of Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou who won a Scottish league title in his first season and took the club into the Champions League.

It is understood that the Australian is not currently minded to abandon the project he began with the Scottish club. The Nottingham Forest manager Steve Cooper is not an option currently, although he has been mentioned in connection with the job.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

mike1901

May 12, 2017
Roberto Zerbis blue and white army, perhaps as he knows Guadiola, he could get him to lend us Foden and as we may still need a striker perhaps Christmas they could loan us Haaland they will have won the league by then any way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here