Withdean area
Skybet seems to be the place.

190E29DE-3C62-4536-A371-A3CCF75B8802.png

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I remember that shock win.

I had wondered if was in the Norwegian international style of the 90’s, giant players and akin to Pulisball?

De Zerbi and Knutsen intrigue me, exciting times for us, now the dust is settling.

Two big factors here.

1. It was Roma’s B team.
2. It was ****ing freezing.

The subsequent draw in Italy was more impressive.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I remember that shock win.

I had wondered if was in the Norwegian international style of the 90’s, giant players and akin to Pulisball?

De Zerbi and Knutsen intrigue me, exciting times for us, now the dust is settling.

Nah, it's quick passing and clever goals. Really quite exciting.

Norway is fairly much a farmers league but his side have looked really good in Europe despite that. A bit like Ostersunds....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Two big factors here.

1. It was Roma’s B team.
2. It was ****ing freezing.

The subsequent draw in Italy was more impressive.

"1. It was Roma’s B team."

Yes. Yes it was.

"2. It was ****ing freezing."

Norway is. But so are a lot of places in Italy in January :shrug:

"The subsequent draw in Italy was more impressive"

As impressive perhaps. If we have a coach who can use all of the advantages given to him to win big at home and draw away then I'm all in 100%.

You might as well say of our 4-0 win at home to United "1 - they had an unsuitable coach 2 - Ronaldo wasn't trying 3- it was a bit warm". We all know we played the poorest version of United there is that day but it raised Potter's stock and remains a favourite game of most Brighton fans.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ange Postecoglou

Chris Sutton on this possibility:

‘But Celtic are far bigger than the majority of teams who operate within England’s top flight and that is a fact. Like I’ve said, no disrespect to Brighton, but Celtic are miles ahead of them. I can’t see a coach of Postecoglou’s quality stepping down the ladder to go to England’s South Coast.’

What a knut!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't remember where it was but didn't someone from the betting industry state these 'next manager' odds are volatile. Too small a book of bets and it only takes a couple of £10 bets to bump people towards the top.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Chris Sutton on this possibility:

‘But Celtic are far bigger than the majority of teams who operate within England’s top flight and that is a fact. Like I’ve said, no disrespect to Brighton, but Celtic are miles ahead of them. I can’t see a coach of Postecoglou’s quality stepping down the ladder to go to England’s South Coast.’
Yet Brendan Rodgers dumped them for Leicester.

What a knut!
Firstly, he's a complete tw@. Secondly, he's biased towards Celtic and thinks his years in the monkey tennis league mean something.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Leicester had just won the Premier League though!

They won it in 2016 and he joined them in 2019, so not 'just won'.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Can't remember where it was but didn't someone from the betting industry state these 'next manager' odds are volatile. Too small a book of bets and it only takes a couple of £10 bets to bump people towards the top.

Correct.

Hence how De Zerbi went from 33/1 to 4/1 in a matter of hours.

Not because anyone has any insider knowledge … but because he was mentioned in an article and a couple of people have put £10 on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here