Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There is no way on god’s blue and white earth the bottom 5 in that list are coming here. Annoying, because there are probably 1/2 dozen other managers with more of a chance but aren’t getting the airtime.

LOL. They aren’t anywhere near the bottom 5

6262DE88-E168-44E5-B2EC-57B2F78854A7.png

38FAB999-A283-4FC2-90F1-3B1546D8066A.png

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I’ve read both quotes and wouldn’t say that at all. They just both used the standard manager line of focussing 100% on their current jobs.

I dunno he sounds pretty uninterested to me (google translated version)

In an interview with Avisa Nordland, Knutsen is asked if he has heard anything from the English Premier League club.

- Firstly, I have Morten Wivestad as my agent. I have been clear that now I stand with my head in a pressure cooker, and things that are outside Bodø/Glimt I am completely uninterested in. I do not want any inquiries, and I do not answer any telephones. Whether it's +35 or whatever. I don't answer +47 either. I only have 100 per cent focus on Bodø/Glimt, says Knutsen to the newspaper.

Knutsen makes no secret of the fact that people wonder if there is anything new about the job situation. He is clear that the focus is only on Glimt.

- Even people in my immediate circle ask if something is happening. The answer is that I have no answers, because I am only focused on what is here.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

In an interview with Avisa Nordland, Knutsen is asked if he has heard anything from the English Premier League club.

- Firstly, I have Morten Wivestad as my agent. I have been clear that now I stand with my head in a pressure cooker, and things that are outside Bodø/Glimt I am completely uninterested in. I do not want any inquiries, and I do not answer any telephones. Whether it's +35 or whatever. I don't answer +47 either. I only have 100 per cent focus on Bodø/Glimt, says Knutsen to the newspaper.

Knutsen makes no secret of the fact that people wonder if there is anything new about the job situation. He is clear that the focus is only on Glimt.

- Even people in my immediate circle ask if something is happening. The answer is that I have no answers, because I am only focused on what is here.

They might not be interested, we might not be that interested in them. But I would say those answers are fairly safe and standard answers from managers currently in work.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
They might not be interested, we might not be that interested in them. But I would say those answers are fairly safe and standard answers from managers currently in work.

I agree. the last bit in itself reads more as I know nothing but something may happen rather than I have no interest

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

That's a very verbose version of "no comment".

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
As ex-Palace chairman (spit) Jordan has commented only unequivocal - I am not interested in xx club’s hotseat and remain committed to xx club’s position for the long term - are acceptable turn downs. Everything else is for their PR.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

Dangerous reading anything into an auto-translated interview, but I read that as "I've asked my agent to handle everything while I concentrate on my job". I would expect, in those circumstances, he's given his agent a clear set of guidelines on what sort of offers to then make him aware of, and at what point in negotiations to do that. So we *could* be talking with his agent currently, seeing if something that might be an acceptable deal can be thrashed out, but Knutsen himself likely isn't even aware of it yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here