Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
They certainly have, you are correct.

But Bruno has already demonstrated that he can easily be bought off by a huge pile of notes once. Would the club even start to think about recruiting him as a manager when his loyalty can be bought so easily?

Not for me.

#nolongeralegend

I think Bloom is a pragmatist though. Would he begrudge Bruno's choice?
1) Follow Potter to Chelsea, so experience a similar role to his job here under Potter, but with the incentive of PILES more cash in addition to working with a higher calibre of player in the Champions League
2) Stay at Brighton, which could mean:
a) become the manager, but he'd have to follow the process along with everyone else, so no guarantee or
b) same role as under Potter, but for the new manager (uncertainty there as it's an unknown - he'd probably be better off at Chelsea for the above reasons) or
c) new manager comes with own backroom staff, so potentially a different role for Bruno and/or it's all a bit awkward (would have been better off at Chelsea)

If he was ever in with a shout of being manager, my (unlikely) theory above could fit, as he's still in with a chance of landing the role, but the risk of 2b and 2c above are removed.

If Bruno is half the man we (well, many of us) think he is, he'd have had a very open & honest chat with Bloom about this, so maybe, just maybe they hatched a plan to suit everyone.

Loyalty works both ways anyway - I've lost staff that I have wanted to keep, but they had been offered a role & terms that it didn't make sense to compete with. Then it becomes about the long game and keeping good relations with people rather than letting emotions get in the way of a rational business decision, so hiring them again in the future is an option.

We all know Tony has ice in his veins, so although the fan in him will be wanting to do/say one thing, I am very confident that his business sense and pragmatism will mean he does/says what he needs to.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Wow.

Never is a very long time for your view to hold water.

The list of things men have thought women will never be able (/allowed) to do is a long one.

The list of things that it turned out they couldn't do (if given a chance) is a short one - I can't think of any TBH.

You can file these thoughts away with those who thought women could never be doctors, pilots, CEOs etc etc.

Perhaps you'd be at home somewhere they don't even let women drive?

Can't even go to Newcastle, sorry Saudi Arabia, for that any more. What is the world coming to?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Absolutely no chance Bruno is in the running. We couldn't afford him. Someone just got drunk rereading his farewell letter and put a tenner on him at the bookies.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
If Bruno was really in the running, we would have told him to hold off when he said he was leaving.

Now he has a brand new contract that we would need to buy out.

Non-starter.

Wouldn’t have posted his Instagram message or the club releases it too. It’s just a case of someone putting £10 on him being next manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Sky Bet who had him at 10/1 earlier today (5th favourite) appear to have realised their error.
Now at a more realistic 33/1 along with OGS and Roberto Martinez and Thomas Frank (amongst others)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Somebody's put a tenner on him.

This. Dont forget bookies are there to make money off punters and so if they have his name on this list, some mug will think 'oh thats worth a punt'.

Chelsea will have him tied down to a nailed on contract.

Plus the amount of 'hurt' B&B will have gone through on his departure will mean that the door is firmly closed atm. We are looking for a manager way above his current level. Why try and bring him back when the new manager could bring his own entourage and he'll be the Asst Teabloke for Sugar.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He doesn’t have the experience to do the job anyway yet, absolute non-starter for loads of reasons. One day maybe, but no chance at the moment.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I am hearing he is our no 1 target.talks taking place today between his representatives & ours.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

South west gull pictured earlier today.

bagdad-bob.jpg

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Even though I have been advocating taking the necessary time in getting the right next appointment and not rushing things, it did come across my mind that potentially in the next week or two a couple of high profile clubs could also be searching for new managers with Villa and Leicester quite possibly making a change shortly. Add them to Bournemouth, and I have changed my tune and hope that an appointment can be made fairly quicky as I don't want to see us competing for similar candidates with Villa or Leicester.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Even though I have been advocating taking the necessary time in getting the right next appointment and not rushing things, it did come across my mind that potentially in the next week or two a couple of high profile clubs could also be searching for new managers with Villa and Leicester quite possibly making a change shortly. Add them to Bournemouth, and I have changed my tune and hope that an appointment can be made fairly quicky as I don't want to see us competing for similar candidates with Villa or Leicester.
Nail on head.we have moved very fast slightly complicated by Celtics game in Poland tomorrow

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I really need to stop reading this crap.
This is Kris Boyd
“The reality is that Celtic are a far bigger and better club than Brighton. Given what he’s built at Celtic, it would be absolute madness to give it up now.”

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I really need to stop reading this crap.
This is Kris Boyd
“The reality is that Celtic are a far bigger and better club than Brighton. Given what he’s built at Celtic, it would be absolute madness to give it up now.”

Which bit of that would you dispute - bigger, or better?

The latter is more of a subjective call, so we'd have to agree some criteria to hammer that one out, but I don't see much debate around the former.

Does anyone really think Brighton is a bigger club than Celtic? Really?! :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here