Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Bolton Manager odds!!!!!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Bookies odds for manager appointments mean absolutely nothing. One person places a bet on and so the odds drop a bit, then the rumours start spreading across things like Twitter and so the odds drop more and then rumours grow larger. Just goes round in stupid circle like that.

Most of the time this is true, but sometimes there is some truth in it e.g: Steve Coppell after SALDE was sacked.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure why Dougie is favourite, can't see it myself.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not sure why Dougie is favourite, can't see it myself.

Manager of the division's form side, winner of the most recent manager of the month award so is currently in people's minds when discussing top championship managers. If Blackpool had continued their early season form, Holloway would have probably been a favourite, if we were still top Gus would be favourite, etc. Odds makers don't tend to look at the managers in too much detail or actual likelihood of them moving, unless there is a clear intent from the club.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Manager of the division's form side, winner of the most recent manager of the month award so is currently in people's minds when discussing top championship managers. If Blackpool had continued their early season form, Holloway would have probably been a favourite, if we were still top Gus would be favourite, etc. Odds makers don't tend to look at the managers in too much detail or actual likelihood of them moving, unless there is a clear intent from the club.

Exactly - over the summer I doubt Freedman was linked to any bigger job as Palace had a medicore finishing league position - even a month into this season most Palace fans wanted him sacked - but a run of good results and a rise up the table puts him into the frame for the bookies shortlist - the rumours then start and the odds plummet

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He's a manager on the crest of a wave at the moment. Make no bones about it, if he becomes Bolton manager, they will not go up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not going to happen

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I'll offer 20/1 to any takers. Dougie will not leave Palace for any club outside the Premiership.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'll offer 20/1 to any takers. Dougie will not leave Palace for any club outside the Premiership.

What if he takes a Legaue One / Championship job, after you've sacked him (after you lose three in a row and your fans all decide he's shit again)?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As much as I'd like to see them lose their beloved manager, and the Bolton job is definitely a better job than Palace, I can't see Freedman leaving because he's so linked with the club and loved by the fans. No doubt Palace fans would dismiss the speculation saying that a job in the same division would be a sideways move, but make no mistake Bolton are a much bigger club than Palace will ever be. Better ground, more fans and a proven Premiership pedigree. But I doubt he'll leave.

Anyway, why would Bolton want him? Hasn't actually done anything yet. I suppose keeping Palace up last season was an achievement, and they're punching above their weight at the moment, however he's hardly set the world on fire. Presumably he'd just be a cheap option
Rivalry with Palace aside, Bolton are a nothing club with shit support. Much worse than Palace's IMO.

They do have a shiny ground (which they rarely filled even in the Prem and is now half empty) and all that parachute money, but if Palace (or the Albion for that matter) had had the success Bolton have enjoyed over the past 20 years, both clubs would put their support to shame.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Rivalry with Palace aside, Bolton are a nothing club with shit support. Much worse than Palace's IMO.

They do have a shiny ground (which they rarely filled even in the Prem and is now half empty) and all that parachute money, but if Palace (or the Albion for that matter) had had the success Bolton have enjoyed over the past 20 years, both clubs would put their support to shame.

Saved me from typing that,funny thing is I remember reading on a Bolton forum when the Amex was being built when they were comparing it to Darlington and Mk Dons with 'just a few rattling around in it'.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Aren't you offering 33-1 on your own board? Getting a bit nervous?

We can make it 50-1 if you'd like? Dougie will not be Bolton's manager. Anyone with a brain can see that. I'm sure they'd love to get him, but he's currently negotiating a new contract with us. This is handy leverage for him, but he won't be going anywhere.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Surely worth every NSC having £1 bet then with you then.

2k + this could cost you if you honour your word

It won't cost me a penny as he's not going anywhere. Unfortunately, I don't think I'd be receiving any pound coins.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Freedman will only go to Bolton if they can secure Winifred's £8M transfer to The Reebok in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here