Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
His face is saying "Liquidate Khashoggi" and her eyes are just plain terrifying!!!

She has the same "psychopath" eyes as Amy from Amy's Baking Company or Elizabeth Holmes. It's just a look that screams to me "unstable".

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
She has the same "psychopath" eyes as Amy from Amy's Baking Company or Elizabeth Holmes. It's just a look that screams to me "unstable".

Thank you. I’ve been trying to put my finger on who she reminds me off and it’s that nutter from kitchen nightmares.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Getting Wood off Burnley’s books (whether he plays much for toon or not) could be highly effective in the hunt for survival in itself, when money is unlimited, this sort of tactic should not be overlooked.

If that's their tactic then surely they need to buy the best players from more than just one team near the bottom!!! Perhaps they could buy Raphina, Dennis and Calvert-Lewin

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Watching this one with interest. Smug Eddie was awful in his last season at Bournemouth and seemed entirely bereft of the ability to lift confidence. I wonder how long he’s got

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Taking the likes of Wood off Burnley and Cantwell off Norwich is all good if in isolation and those teams can’t spend the huge money on multiple signings but I assume those clubs aren’t dumb enough to do it at the end of the window?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We have and we don’t.

But when was that, certainly not recently, we paid £15 or was it £20 to watch our under 23's against villa a couple of years ago. That was very expensive. We have also never been in the situation where we have suddenly been the richest club in the world and think we are about to sign Mbappe.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They won't give a monkeys about being out of the cup so long as they keep winning games in the lea... oh.

:lolol:

The Newcastle fans did not boo the team, in fact many of them stayed beyond the final whistle and applauded the team.

Like it or not, their fans are not really that bothered with the cup exit this year and are actually deriving morale from their club’s activity in the transfer market.

The transfer window has 20 more days to run, if they get half a dozen more signings at the level of Keiran Trippier, they may well start winning EPL games, they play Watford and Leeds next, two wins changes everything.

As painful as it will be to see Smug and his evil overlord triumphant, I don’t begrudge their actual fans the chance to get some hope and glory but I’ll obviously be enjoying each post match Smug interview when he has to explain the loss in his typical fashion (it’s everybody else’s faulty).

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I feel genuinely sorry for the Newcastle supporters. They deserve better. However I am totally opposed to the Saudi ownership and the fact that they can now buy their way to success in the same way Man City have. There are a lot of things wrong with top flight football.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I feel genuinely sorry for the Newcastle supporters. They deserve better. However I am totally opposed to the Saudi ownership and the fact that they can now buy their way to success in the same way Man City have. There are a lot of things wrong with top flight football.

Spot on! I imagine that in a few years if the European Super League is mooted (and NU is in the Premier League), a mega rich club like Newcastle will be involved......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Newcastle fans did not boo the team, in fact many of them stayed beyond the final whistle and applauded the team.

Like it or not, their fans are not really that bothered with the cup exit this year and are actually deriving morale from their club’s activity in the transfer market.

The transfer window has 20 more days to run, if they get half a dozen more signings at the level of Keiran Trippier, they may well start winning EPL games, they play Watford and Leeds next, two wins changes everything.

As painful as it will be to see Smug and his evil overlord triumphant, I don’t begrudge their actual fans the chance to get some hope and glory but I’ll obviously be enjoying each post match Smug interview when he has to explain the loss in his typical fashion (it’s everybody else’s faulty).

Applauded some of the team…….quite a lot disappeared down the tunnel without going to the fans. Shearer has been moaning about it again this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here