Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Of all the club's that could possibly go down, Newcastle would make me the happiest.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I don’t get the dislike of Newcastle, I quite like the fact that they are a one club town and that their fans can hardly be described as glory hunters! If they won something at some point, I wouldn’t begrudge it them at all. Their fans have more than put in a shift over the years and have basically nothing much to cheer for 54 years!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The look on her face is almost the realization that it was her that recommended Newcastle to the Saudis!!!

It does apper like that, but due to surgery, her eyebrows are actually fixed in the "wrong hole!" position.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don’t get the dislike of Newcastle, I quite like the fact that they are a one club town and that their fans can hardly be described as glory hunters! If they won something at some point, I wouldn’t begrudge it them at all. Their fans have more than put in a shift over the years and have basically nothing much to cheer for 54 years!

It is purely due to the current owners of the club on my part. Given that many of the fans were quick to grab a Saudi Flag and wave it, I won't feel sorry for them much if it happens though.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am sure we'd manage a capacity crowd if our tickets were priced at £10 for all areas.

Not forgetting that the Newcastle fans are still deliriously happy that they've seen the back of a poor employer and replaced him with a brutal murderous regime.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I am sure we'd manage a capacity crowd if our tickets were priced at £10 for all areas.

Not forgetting that the Newcastle fans are still deliriously happy that they've seen the back of a poor employer and replaced him with a brutal murderous regime.

Interesting. Maybe we would sell out our cup games if we charged £10

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

He may be annoying but that’s extremely harsh on Eddie Howe…..:rolleyes:

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I like Newcastle as a club, like their fans, and love it as an awayday but I find they new ownership utterly abhorrent so for that reason alone would love to see them go.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
In the past I liked Newcastle and their fans.

But having watched their glee and celebration at having their club bought by the Saudi's, wearing tea towels on their heads and waving the Saudi flag whilst singing about beng the richest club in the world etc etc. Watching Shearer trying to paint them as 'victims' who deserve success, no matter how, and by whom it is bought and trying to argue, against all logic, that somehow the sale will make things better in Saudi Arabia...

F*ck em.

Hope the club gets relegated and completely implodes.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
In the past I liked Newcastle and their fans.

But having watched their glee and celebration at having their club bought by the Saudi's, wearing tea towels on their heads and waving the Saudi flag whilst singing about beng the richest club in the world etc etc. Watching Shearer trying to paint them as 'victims' who deserve success, no matter how, and by whom it is bought and trying to argue, against all logic, that somehow the sale will make things better in Saudi Arabia...

F*ck em.

Hope the club gets relegated and completely implodes.

So are you happy for them or not, it’s not entirely clear? …..:D

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
2bbdc8ca2ecc0916b54f4bf665145b6f.jpg

His face is saying "Liquidate Khashoggi" and her eyes are just plain terrifying!!!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

FFS! :eek:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Did I read somewhere that they were also interested in Chris Wood???

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Newcastle itself isn't that big- just over 300,000 so not THAT much bigger than Brighton & Hove. It is part of a very big built up area but that's shared with Sunderland who are another well supported club.

It's more that basically EVERYONE in Newcastle and north of the Tyne supports Newcastle with it being almost inconceivable that you'd support another club

Yep. Problem with us (bar losing a generation of fans through the Gillingham/Withdean era) is being so close to all the London clubs as well as having a hefty chunk of londoners with other alliegiences living in the city. We don't do too bad at all imo considering that

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Lose their next two against Watford and Leeds and the new owners may just realise they made a mistake in getting Smug Eddie in.

I’m actually mildly worried about Smug getting the sack. If the Geordies have any sense they will be knocking on the door of GP.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Newcastle itself isn't that big- just over 300,000 so not THAT much bigger than Brighton & Hove. It is part of a very big built up area but that's shared with Sunderland who are another well supported club.

It's more that basically EVERYONE in Newcastle and north of the Tyne supports Newcastle with it being almost inconceivable that you'd support another club

But it does have an underground

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Yep, all over Twitter………

The fans seem to have moved on from signing Mbappe for now. :lolol:

Getting Wood off Burnley’s books (whether he plays much for toon or not) could be highly effective in the hunt for survival in itself, when money is unlimited, this sort of tactic should not be overlooked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here