Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Utter rubbish.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Clearly this evening its not working, but the whole point of the tactic is to invite pressure and its generally been working very well for us.
Yeah we're doing that, and taking all of the risk of Jeopardy in our own box, only to punt it nowhere or lose it, if we pass round the press

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Too many players who are not ready or good enough to start here. Against the third best team in the league. I'd actually say getting in to HT just one down would be a result.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Nice throwback to the Hughton away days this, under the cosh and not a single touch in their box

Hope Fat Toni Cassano isn’t watching this one

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Buonanotte really isnt ready for this level.
change the record - Van Hecke has been pretty useless, Mitoma isn’t even in the game, Caceido has lost careless possession, Undav has scored an own goal, Steele made several terrible balls straight out of play - do I go on? We’re lucky it’s not 3 nil already tbh.

Dunk is the only player really on form for me.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In 1832, sewers were first installed in Newcastle, removing effluent from the River Tyne. Since then, nothing has stunk out Tyneside as much as the performance of Deniz Undav this evening.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
In 1832, sewers were first installed in Newcastle, removing effluent from the River Tyne. Since then, nothing has stunk out Tyneside as much as the performance of Deniz Undav this evening.
He's not even been the worse player tonight. what is he going to do when defence and midfield are playing terribly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is what you get when the league make us play more games at the end of the season than everyone else, and our players are either knackered or injured. Entirely predictable.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Too many players who are not ready or good enough to start here. Against the third best team in the league. I'd actually say getting in to HT just one down would be a result.
It would. Starting Gilmour and Gross alone in midfield with Undav and Wellbeck trotting around up front seems insane. Without the benefit of hindsight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here