[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted member 2719

Mouldy

Yes I thought we would win but Potter has to learn that Sanchez to dunk to Duffy to Sanchez to dunk to Duffy is boring and predictable
I wish we would be a more attacking side we are predictable and teams have sussed us out and sorry but at the moment Potter is being found out by his rival managers in the league

Really, Newcastle have been in blistering form.
Most manager hate the unpredictable Potter, yes they all know we don't like being squeezed, but what team doesn't?

If you consider the small amounts we have laid out over the last few years, that probably amounts to £40m. So yes!

(Wages might be an issue though 😃).

If we truly have top 10 ambition that is what is missing.

Of course Teddy, it will happen I am sure, I trust in Bloom and Potter, what more does a fan want.

Instant trophies would be lovely, but unrealistic IMO, happy to wait rather than the boom and bust method personally.

Lamptey has also regularly been putting in good crosses since his comeback against Man City in October. Some proper knee-jerk reaction going on here.

Yes he has, not enough of our players are reading his play.

I think his run game has been squashed somewhat, must be to protect his hammys. But he can still be effective IMO.

Anyway, I am off this board tonight, to let the knee jerkers, keep jerking until they are all jerked out.:lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

Well, NSC had us going to Europe after we'd beaten, er, Watford.

You can't tear up a designated mobile phone but if it wasn't for taking my son and the away game points I'd be giving up my ST and watching non league in all likelihood. A kind fellow NSCer did invite me to Lewes today and I would have gone had I not had to do boring family shizzle in the middle of the first half - went out for half and hour and we were two down when I came back in :down:

That is sad to hear.:(

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Alzate looked very good again. Pleased about that.

How many goals has he scored now !

Big clear out required in the summer others we won't progress with this squad. Fed up hearing that we have most possession, control game etc, etc. Who cares !!! Need ruthless goalscorers:ffsparr:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, NSC had us going to Europe after we'd beaten, er, Watford.

You can't tear up a designated mobile phone but if it wasn't for taking my son and the away game points I'd be giving up my ST and watching non league in all likelihood. A kind fellow NSCer did invite me to Lewes today and I would have gone had I not had to do boring family shizzle in the middle of the first half - went out for half and hour and we were two down when I came back in :down:

Tempted.

Giving me £1,000 plus all the money spent on the concourse, for enjoyable pastimes.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But there’s no guarantee Undav will be prolific at this level, it took Trossard two years. Also, he’s more like Maupay IMO, so we’d still remain fairly one dimensional in our build-up.

Should’ve got more for Burn, but if our players were fit he wouldn’t have been starting. Thought he was ordinary today.

I don’t think we’ve given up, more the players got complacent - especially Bissouma, glad he didn’t start.

"We" is we as a club.

We came out of the January window weaker. Bissouma is on the beach and already thinking of who he'll play for next season. Lamptey looks well short of his old pace after his injury.

Undav is a gamble but would at least give another option to play with Maupay, or instead of him if Neal is as bad as he was against Villa.

We've not been able to properly replace Ashworth, if that's a position that Tony sees as strategic, which I assume he does,

All round it feels like we're much weaker now than in December and, at least in part, it's because we were busy patting ourselves on the back.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh well, back to the war.

Yes. I had the radio on and decided not to look at NSC much. Enough of squabbles. Back to work and playing my favourite Spotify playlists.

I've banned myself from the Ukraine thread now. I'll spend my spare 'surfing' looking a pictures of cute kittens and old Brighton buses and their timetables.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
About time you started reading the room mate!

We are on a dreadful run and it doesn’t matter if we battered them for 90 minutes. There are no pictures Ona scorecard…we lost 2-1 to a team we should be beating if we are looking to progress…as we should have done against burnley and Aston Villa.

If we are not careful, alll our good work the first half of the season is in danger of unravelling and I am sure we won’t go down, but we are not very good at all at the moment!

BTW Championship table looking bloody marvellous at the moment!

Your wasting your time bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
"We" is we as a club.

We came out of the January window weaker. Bissouma is on the beach and already thinking of who he'll play for next season. Lamptey looks well short of his old pace after his injury.

Undav is a gamble but would at least give another option to play with Maupay, or instead of him if Neal is as bad as he was against Villa.

We've not been able to properly replace Ashworth, if that's a position that Tony sees as strategic, which I assume he does,

All round it feels like we're much weaker now than in December and, at least in part, it's because we were busy patting ourselves on the back.

I understand the ‘we’ meant the club, but don’t agree.

For me the poor results are because the players relaxed not the club more broadly. Bissouma is finished and everyone needs to get their heads round it. The club obviously rate Weir which is fine for me.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Accept it, the first goal was a lucky bounce off the post straight to a Newcastle player Cucu, not being able to keep up with the player is not bad defence, and the second was a quality goal.

We did not give up either and were the better team from the off imo, shit happens

And the 2-0 home defeat to Villa
And 3-0!to Burnley
And our dogs muck home form
Keep on writing drivel but the facts are clear to see …. For most

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
When was the last time we lost 4 in a row?

End of 2018-19

Brighton 0 - 1 Southampton
Chelsea 3 - 0 Brighton
Brighton 0 - 5 Bournemouth
Brighton 0 - 2 Cardiff

Followed by a 0-0 with Wolves

Interesting context, even Sami Hyppia only ever managed three defeats in a row at any one time

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Tempted.

Giving me £1,000 plus all the money spent on the concourse, for enjoyable pastimes.

I'm tempted too. I love the Albion and it's like a drug but I'm not sure I enjoy it any more. Most of my leave from work goes towards watching them, I spend a lot following them and frankly I can get another long holiday away for the time and money I would save. I suspected going up from the Championship may prove the pinnacle and I think it's proving to be the case which makes me sad. :( Hopefully it will pass and my Albion mojo comes back soon.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Potter is a superb manager outside of both boxes. One of the best in the league i would say. But inside them, he is one of the worst. More quality may help, but our attacking play is far too predictable.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Player Ratings

Bobby Sanchez 7 Not much he could do with the goals, maybe could have done more for the second but the attacker should never have a clean header. Still guilty of coming for balls he will never get.
Tariq Lamptey 6 Needs to have more confidence in his own ability and try to take on the player he is up against, puts good crosses in but needs to get his head up for more accuracy
Marc Cucurella 8 Albion's MOTM I would like to see him also carry the ball more. Crosses and defends well.
Lewis Dunk 7 Scored a great goal and was steady at the back puts his head and foot in with no fear.
Shane Duffy 6 Steady performance and was unlucky not to score in the first half.
Joel Veltman 7 Class!! makes every thing he does look easy. Gets forward well and always seems to be in the right place when defending
Pascal Gross 6 Steady disciplined game, put in some great crosses one of which led to the goal
Jacob Moder 7 Still maturing but no doubting his quality, one of the few players who will try to take on players.
Steven Alzate 7 A very disciplined display, confident on the ball and rarely gave away possession.
Leandro Trossard 6 Still not back to his best but getting better, was involved much more in the second half, guilty of over playing and a lack of accuracy when passing.
Danny Welbeck 6 Was well marshalled by the Newcastle defence and the service into him was not of the highest standard although did not control the ball on the opportunities he did have.
Neal Maupay 6 Not on for long enough to make a real impact but did add energy to the team. A couple of half chances and put himself about.
Solly March 6 Made a difference takes on players and put the ball into some dangerous areas.
Alex Mac Allister 5 Not really on long enough and joined a team that was running out of ideas

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
In the 7 months of the season so far, the fantastic spell was 7 weeks from 26 Dec - Brentford and 12 Feb - Watford.

The rest .... so often shite or last minute equalisers saving our bacon after being outclassed.

3 home wins in 7 months, where 30,000 repeatedly turn up dreaming of a win.

This isn't living the dream.

The worrying thing now is that we can't just pin this on Maupay/Welbeck. The defence is pants.

Here we are in the PL well away from any danger of going down - a pipe dream not so long ago - yet it's so dull and frustrating to watch most of the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports