Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
About time you started reading the room mate!

We are on a dreadful run and it doesn’t matter if we battered them for 90 minutes. There are no pictures Ona scorecard…we lost 2-1 to a team we should be beating if we are looking to progress…as we should have done against burnley and Aston Villa.

If we are not careful, alll our good work the first half of the season is in danger of unravelling and I am sure we won’t go down, but we are not very good at all at the moment!

BTW Championship table looking bloody marvellous at the moment!

Never mind Huddersfield are filling you with joy and I don’t need to read the NSC room, too many entitled fans actually LOVING Potter’s team losing again, it’s been a half season wait to wade back in again though.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Must be the tough cup match in the week that wore the players out. Oh hang on, FFS.......

13th place. And Palace likely going to Wembley. It's starting to sting a bit this season.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
yeah , i'm sorry but if solly is the answer i dread to think what the question was.....and Bissouma sits the game out although i thought Alzate had a good game .

I thought Alzate was very good today and one of the few who actually wanted to drive forward.

D

Deleted member 2719

All about points Mouldy . And entertainment. I don’t want Potter to go but he is not the great manager some make out in here on not as bad as some make out .

Okay Mr V, but with Newcastle's recent run, did you really expect anything up there?

just ****ing clueless in the final 3rd .......delivery from Lamptey and Cucurella is woeful......final few seconds even sanchez up in their area and cucurella hits it straight to a geordie player in the d.....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: hard to take , northern *****.

Lamptey stuck some quality balls in there begging for a striker to get on to them, but no one made the runs though.

Cucurella, did many other things today at both ends he did tighten up a bit with the final ball. But he has often stuck quality balls in the box.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
About time you started reading the room mate!

We are on a dreadful run and it doesn’t matter if we battered them for 90 minutes. There are no pictures Ona scorecard…we lost 2-1 to a team we should be beating if we are looking to progress…as we should have done against burnley and Aston Villa.

If we are not careful, alll our good work the first half of the season is in danger of unravelling and I am sure we won’t go down, but we are not very good at all at the moment!

BTW Championship table looking bloody marvellous at the moment!

The room is full of idiots, whats the point in reading it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are you going to fork out 40m for a decent center-forward then???

Let's be realistic, we know what boom and bust does, we have been there before.

Do you really believe that we are a poor side then???

I tell you what I think. I think we gave up on this season.

We got in a striker bang in form and loaned him back to USG so Tony's other team could stand a chance of silverware. We sold Burn and White and didn't replace them. We've got a DoF who's sitting in limbo about to start with our rivals today. Wonder if he met anyone who might know Smeddie accidentally in a pub, restaurant or service station this week???

No, we've looked at the top ten position in January and gone "that'll do". But obviously still charged the fans the same for tickets.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Dominated possession. Not goal scoring. And that's what counts. Absolutely nothing entertaining about constantly passing it sideways. And we were the worse team against Villa and absolute dogshit against Burnley.

Thought we played well.

But, we have not invested in a replacement for Murray and once again was our undoing, Welbeck was really disappointing, he actually came to meet the ball as part of the build-up at 81 minutes. I don’t care he was a free transfer and has done ‘okay’, he’s past it and today was another example. He was also partially to blame for the second, but Sanchez has to be disappointed with his part.

Whilst I’m ranting, Duffy makes me shudder every time he tries to pass the ball.

Thought Alzate was great, surprised he came off. Didn’t think Moder was dreadful either.

A vast improvement on Burnley and Villa

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

We got in a striker bang in form and loaned him back to USG so Tony's other team could stand a chance of silverware. We sold Burn and White and didn't replace them. We've got a DoF who's sitting in limbo about to start with our rivals today. Wonder if he met anyone who might know Smeddie accidentally in a pub, restaurant or service station this week???

No, we've looked at the top ten position in January and gone "that'll do". But obviously still charged the fans the same for tickets.

Bloom AND Potter out?

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Never mind Huddersfield are filling you with joy and I don’t need to read the NSC room, too many entitled fans actually LOVING Potter’s team losing again, it’s been a half season wait to wade back in again though.

Not Loving it at all Icy .

You post good stuff on here and don’t want to get into a row with you

But 3 wins in last 22 league games
3 home wins all season
Less than a goal scored per game
Same errors each game not learning from

Lots of fans will not renew their season tickets

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Two very sloppy goals conceded, one of which came from losing possession by the opposition penalty area. Great in possession over 3/4 of the pitch, but hopeless and toothless anywhere near the opposition penalty box. The final few minutes summed it up with continued sideways passing instead of showing urgency and putting the ball in the danger area. Sound familiar?

On to next week, hopefully a point will be had!

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008

Absolutely spot on. Let's hope us giving up on this season doesn't really come back to bite us, as I just can't see where the next points are coming from atm unless we can put away Norwich. The next few games will not be pretty.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Okay Mr V, but with Newcastle's recent run, did you really expect anything up there?

Lamptey stuck some quality balls in there begging for a striker to get on to them, but no one made the runs though.

Cucurella, did many other things today at both ends he did tighten up a bit with the final ball. But he has often stuck quality balls in the box.

Mouldy

Yes I thought we would win but Potter has to learn that Sanchez to dunk to Duffy to Sanchez to dunk to Duffy is boring and predictable
I wish we would be a more attacking side we are predictable and teams have sussed us out and sorry but at the moment Potter is being found out by his rival managers in the league

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Are you going to fork out 40m for a decent center-forward then???

Let's be realistic, we know what boom and bust does, we have been there before.

Do you really believe that we are a poor side then???

If you consider the small amounts we have laid out over the last few years, that probably amounts to £40m. So yes!

(Wages might be an issue though 😃).

If we truly have top 10 ambition that is what is missing.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The room is full of idiots, whats the point in reading it?

Me (an idiot): “Four defeats in four games is bad”
You (not an idiot)”: ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Lamptey has also regularly been putting in good crosses since his comeback against Man City in October. Some proper knee-jerk reaction going on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here