Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Losing vs Newcastle today and then vs United would probably lead to the first "Potter out" thread of the season. Losing vs Everton would make people panic.

Probably not TB though. The next five games after that are all quite winable (CP away, WBA home, Spurs away, Burnley home, Villa away), 9 points from that and it would look ok again.

That wouldn't surprise me. Everton look quality this season so there's no way we should be expecting anything against them but I'm sure the people who were claiming Potter was useless back last season along with his signing of Webster, are deep down hoping for a "I told you so".

In my eyes Potter is as good as we're gonna get as a manager. All this Biesla stuff in the media about him being a complete genius, but I feel we have something better. A decent bloke too who won't mess around on contracts. And what he did in Sweden has a touch of Ferguson for Aberdeen to it too.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Lets catch up again IF we lose the next 2 then and see whether your sheets or cleaned or soiled.. for now mine are very clean. This isnt about bed wetting you numpty its a statement of the need to get 3 points today to avoid being dragged into the lower end because I think Man U will come back with a vengeance.

Of course it’s not a must win game today. Come on.

Must win is, “we have to win to stay up”. Not, 2nd game of the season at Newcastle.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

If we lose this then how much longer will Potter really have? He was doing so well until this season. I'm already having my doubts.

I have full faith in GP and am on record saying I’d back him as our manager if the worst were to happen, relegation.

Don’t think that’s going to happen, but that’s my support of the man and his footballing ethos and sporting philosophy. Think he and our club are a perfect fit for each other.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have full faith in GP and am on record saying I’d back him as our manager if the worst were to happen, relegation.

Don’t think that’s going to happen, but that’s my support of the man and his footballing ethos and sporting philosophy. Think he and our club are a perfect fit for each other.
Many if us, including me, said exactly the same about Hughton a couple if years ago!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Many if us, including me, said exactly the same about Hughton a couple if years ago!

Hughton was whilst we were in the Championship, I don't think anyone can argue with that, but I think Bloom's Prem ambitions and the set up of our club just wasn't quite right for Hughton's footballing philosophy for the long term, especially with the youth setup Bloom has invested so much into.

I think Bloom needed someone to gamble a bit more and Potter was perfect for that.
I still see Hughton as a legend, but I can see Potter being one very soon too.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Pointer for later games over the weeks. BBC website has 'local radio' commentary available for the UK ie Saints v Spuds is not on 5 Live but is available online via BBC London.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Most likely is we will absolutely batter them 1-1.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
EB82BB5E-E352-478B-A333-2068BE898B4E.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here