Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

I double checked the match stats from last season. Their fans must have very snort memories as we had 71% possession in our game up there last time.

They have got short memories.

We were brilliant that game and totally outplayed them. I remember that game really well as it was Alzate’s premier league debut and I was blown away by how good he was.

Also remember very well Steve Bruce’s haunted face on the touchline as we totally bamboozled them, he didn’t have a clue what was going on.

To this day I don’t know how we didn’t win that game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I double checked the match stats from last season. Their fans must have very snort memories as we had 71% possession in our game up there last time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49698429

Yet still managed less shots on target than them, if anyone needs reminding of our perennial problem in the PL, which does not look like changing.

Having said that I don’t like teams that SNORT at us! :wink:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yet still managed less shots on target than them, if anyone needs reminding of our perennial problem in the PL, which does not look like changing.

Having said that I don’t like teams that SNORT at us! :wink:

Ha.

Also been reading some of their forum this morning, to be fair to the Geordies... they’re pretty realistic.

Some are giving it the “we should be beating teams like Brighton”, but many are saying how we’re a very good footballing side who outplayed them last season and this is a tough game etc. Good fans the Geordies. Refreshingly so when compared to some other teams.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
They have got short memories.

We were brilliant that game and totally outplayed them. I remember that game really well as it was Alzate’s premier league debut and I was blown away by how good he was.

Also remember very well Steve Bruce’s haunted face on the touchline as we totally bamboozled them, he didn’t have a clue what was going on.

To this day I don’t know how we didn’t win that game.

Indeed; I was there behind the dugouts and Bruce looked in shock, they we're so, so, so, so lucky - one goal disallowed (Alzate), one cleared off the line from Aaron... utter dominence until about the 78 min mark... One of our best ever top flight performances.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Really hope we can get one over them today. Reading some of the comments on their fans forum they seem to think today's match is a 'given' and about as easy a 3 points they will get this season so it would be great to throw a little spanner in the works.

Good luck today guys. Let's get our first points on the board.

Isn't this just a standard state of mind from every set of fans in the league when playing #teamslikebrighton?

D

Deleted member 2719

I hate Steve Bruce sides.

Does anyone know what stats the Albion have against his sides ???

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
We will play well with good possession,get a couple of golden opportunities to score which,as usual,we will miss,Newcastle will get a couple of chances which they will stick in the back of the net. Sorry to be pessimistic but we see this happen so many times when we play.I hope I am wrong,but supporting the Albion for the last God knows how many years I have learned to expect the worse but hope for the best.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Nah.

Change your sheets.

Lets catch up again IF we lose the next 2 then and see whether your sheets or cleaned or soiled.. for now mine are very clean. This isnt about bed wetting you numpty its a statement of the need to get 3 points today to avoid being dragged into the lower end because I think Man U will come back with a vengeance.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I hate Steve Bruce sides.

Does anyone know what stats the Albion have against his sides ???

Steve Bruce vs Brighton

stevebruce.jpg

12 games, 3 w, 6 d, 3 l

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Lets catch up again IF we lose the next 2 then and see whether your sheets or cleaned or soiled.. for now mine are very clean. This isnt about bed wetting you numpty its a statement of the need to get 3 points today to avoid being dragged into the lower end because I think Man U will come back with a vengeance.

Absolutely no need to show concerns until somewhere like 10 games in. It was always likely we could well lose the opening 4 or 5 matches this season looking at the fixtures, but even if we do I'm sure we could fight our way back. The old enemy did it a season or two ago losing I think their opening 8 games, so I'm not overly concerned at all, whatever happens today. Not too confident today but just have sneaky feeling we might surprse Man Utd next week for the 3rd time in 4 seasons.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If we lose this then how much longer will Potter really have? He was doing so well until this season. I'm already having my doubts.

Losing vs Newcastle today and then vs United would probably lead to the first "Potter out" thread of the season. Losing vs Everton would make people panic.

Probably not TB though. The next five games after that are all quite winable (CP away, WBA home, Spurs away, Burnley home, Villa away), 9 points from that and it would look ok again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here