Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Called elastic demand based on pricing.

If 26,000 attend for run of the mill mid table league games, then a lowish price will entice a sell out cup game against PL opposition.

Albion played fantastic today, which got the crowd going.
At some awful or flat league games, the crowd got bored to tears.

And on what laws of economics do you base your argument that the ground would have been full at £24? More likely that the truth is that if there were people that were genuinely struggling with money after xmas then they wouldn't have gone at £24 so you still wouldn't have filled the ground. There were also some that probably could have afforded it but chose the lazy way of supporting their team and then there were those that could easily afford it but got caught up in the anti Barber bandwagon. To be honest, I couldn't give a shit. So called supporters missed being at a great game and there were hardly any queues for the buses. Win Win for me.

Lots of empty seats. I would be sitting in mine if it were cheaper.

Why didn't you go for a cheaper seat then. Seems you weren't really keen on going anyway!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
A real shame that there was not another 5 or 6k there today. The pricing WAS wrong and I hope Barber and the club appreciate that now. Was a great game, good atmosphere and the only gripe today was the empty seats.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
May I politely disagree. The crowd were up for this before the match started. There was feel good atmosphere today which has not been present at previous matches.
A very enjoyable afternoon and all those who forecast a s**t occasion were wrong.

It was like a morgue until we went 1 up and a man up, didn't really get going until we went 2 up. The players needed that support BEFORE it happened, not after.

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
May I politely disagree. The crowd were up for this before the match started. There was feel good atmosphere today which has not been present at previous matches.
A very enjoyable afternoon and all those who forecast a s**t occasion were wrong.

Agree on that, as good as it gets today, can't believe anyone can be negative about today. Some fans I think were just born to moan, moan, moan......and moan!
Get a grip, think about where we have come from and where we are going. 21700 odd fans on a Saturday lunch time on the telly is great. So what if it was 700, if you truly support your club you don't care how many are there with you, just if you win. The fact that so many now go is a added bonus.
This is The Albion, not Chelsea, Spurs etc etc. So if any of you are still feeling the need to pick the bones to bits about attendance..money made...money lost..Barber this...Barber that...may I suggest you go and sit in a dark corner and ask yourself some serious questions about you general well being.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Just short of 22,000 more then last year and the price was more then last year. That means the club made more money then last year. If we get a premiership club at home in the next round the ticket price will be the same and people will either moan on here or dig deep and pay. By the way we played today I would suggest more people would go. IMO the atmosphere was great and the fans got behind the team. Would take that any day then watching it on TV

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Don't post too often to people's comments but all this crap is annoying me. Absolutely nothing to suggest that if the tickets were a tenna cheaper then more people would have turned up. At the end of the day if someone wanted to watch the Albion at home against a prem team they'd find the extra wedge. Not like there are high travel costs etc.

Besides, the 21k odd today made more noise than the usual 26k or normal moaners and whiners do anyway

Spot on, I thought it was a great atmosphere, and I believe if it was a tenna less for tickets , the attendance would not be much more

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
It was like a morgue until we went 1 up and a man up, didn't really get going until we went 2 up. The players needed that support BEFORE it happened, not after.

Don't know where you were but the buzz and noise was there from the KO. At 10 minutes someone near me said "Great Atmosphere today" which all around agreed.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Agree on that, as good as it gets today, can't believe anyone can be negative about today. Some fans I think were just born to moan, moan, moan......and moan!
Get a grip, think about where we have come from and where we are going. 21700 odd fans on a Saturday lunch time on the telly is great. So what if it was 700, if you truly support your club you don't care how many are there with you, just if you win. The fact that so many now go is a added bonus.
This is The Albion, not Chelsea, Spurs etc etc. So if any of you are still feeling the need to pick the bones to bits about attendance..money made...money lost..Barber this...Barber that...may I suggest you go and sit in a dark corner and ask yourself some serious questions about you general well being.

Great post :clap2:, can we now close this thread as it really is full of bollox.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Don't know where you were but the buzz and noise was there from the KO. At 10 minutes someone near me said "Great Atmosphere today" which all around agreed.

On my sofa, all I heard for the first 30mins was Geordies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here