Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We can see there is a total of 815 tickets left (http://amextickets.azurewebsites.net/) for the Newcastle game

• only about 500 of these left are not individial tickets (I guess going to football on your own is less appealing).
  • more people will turn up for this one as they have paid specifically for the seat
  • we still have 3 days of selling to go

Therefore I think we are pretty certain to see more people at this fixture than any game so far this season. This is amazing, a real success for the club that shows how impressive our support now is, especially as people could have stayed at home and watched it on the telly for free.

I know a few (vocal minority) really whinged at the pricing. I'm afraid any they were wrong...Hats off tothe club for really knowing the level of support for the club and getting the stadium full to the brim!

:albion2:

21000 ? Got that wrong then :(

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We can see there is a total of 815 tickets left (http://amextickets.azurewebsites.net/) for the Newcastle game

• only about 500 of these left are not individial tickets (I guess going to football on your own is less appealing).
  • more people will turn up for this one as they have paid specifically for the seat

Therefore I think we are pretty certain to see more people at this fixture than any game so far this season. This is amazing, a real success for the club that shows how impressive our support now is, especially as people could have stayed at home and watched it on the telly for free.

I know a few (vocal minority) really whinged at the pricing. I'm afraid any they were wrong...Hats off tothe club for really knowing the level of support for the club and getting the stadium full to the brim!

Your wild presumption with zero evidence was wrong by a mere 6,000! :lol:

BEN12360

Dec 30, 2012

How wrong you are!!!! 21K with 2K Geordie fans!!! I just pause sky and saw my seat EMPTY!!! I would have paid 20 quid plus the tenner or more I always spend at the kiosks!!!! Barber got it very wrong and fans like you are not wanted to voice these stupid stupid opinions!!! I've missed this great game because my Club has got very greedy!!!!

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011

Most :stupid: post of the season. Embarrassingly wrong arrogance.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
How ridiculously stupid can somebody be?? Barber is in danger of ruining this club like he nearly did at spurs!

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Attendance didn't seem THAT much different from a league game. Wouldn't say 5,000 less. I'm guessing today was literally only people who came through the gate, rather than those season ticket holders that don't turn up!

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Could have been 27,000 x £24

Rather than 21,000 x £28/£32.

Barber got it wrong and overpriced for a live tv game.

Would have let 6,000 others have favourable memories of a great Amex occasion.

Don't post too often to people's comments but all this crap is annoying me. Absolutely nothing to suggest that if the tickets were a tenna cheaper then more people would have turned up. At the end of the day if someone wanted to watch the Albion at home against a prem team they'd find the extra wedge. Not like there are high travel costs etc.

Besides, the 21k odd today made more noise than the usual 26k or normal moaners and whiners do anyway

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't post too often to people's comments but all this crap is annoying me. Absolutely nothing to suggest that if the tickets were a tenna cheaper then more people would have turned up. At the end of the day if someone wanted to watch the Albion at home against a prem team they'd find the extra wedge. Not like there are high travel costs etc.

Besides, the 21k odd today made more noise than the usual 26k or normal moaners and whiners do anyway

Called elastic demand based on pricing.

If 26,000 attend for run of the mill mid table league games, then a lowish price will entice a sell out cup game against PL opposition.

Albion played fantastic today, which got the crowd going.
At some awful or flat league games, the crowd got bored to tears.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here