Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

Dec 29, 2011
2 years ago the ground couldnt hold the same amount of fans. What a dim argument. Im not disputing the club needs to move forward but if you arent a bit thick you would notice that lots of seats are empty against attractive premiership opposition. Therefore the club has got the pricing supply and demand elasticities WRONG.

You can't say the price have got it wrong for sure. What if we reduced the price by £5 average, but the same amount of people came? What's to say the club haven't got the price absolutely spot on in terms of revenue maximisation, no-one can prove otherwise as the figures aren't available.

Hornetbuzz

Jan 4, 2013
Ignore the moaning about GP - never going to please some people! Best BHAFC have done in years and yet still some people complain. We definitely had a stormer getting Buckley off you but if you fancy a return to Watford for Hoskins feel free!

Cheers for the offer but ... er
Buckley on the other hand was a shrewd bit of business for you - rumour has it our last tin pot owner needed to pay for his new house and Bentley before bailing out ..
Incidentally, as u have a betting tips thread, Man C v Watford 17:1 for Watford win, if we reproduce our form and get a couple of breaks, who knows ...
Anyway good luck, Newcastle down and could be out ... cheers

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Current STH. I wasn't going to go, but have made a late decision to go.
Good, I hope more do the same... surprised at just how many STHs aren't bothering with this. If you're a big enough fan of the club to buy a season ticket, surely you'd want to see us play a Premier League club in the Cup? (yeah, I know it's expensive but I just wonder how many people who are normally at the Amex will be thinking they wished they were there tomorrow while watching it on the box - esp if we win).

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
If we were playing Man Utd would you be happy with the pricing structure?
If Newcastle had won 6 straight since the draw and were near the top of the PL would you be happy with the pricing structure?

I guess that the honest answer to both of the above would be yes.

The truth is none of the above is happening so lets go and win the game tomorrow. 2-1, job done.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Some of us are not whinging, we are just stating that if the club had priced it more sensibly, we could have sold out, made more money for the club, and had a better atmosphere.

Anyway, why are you worried, weren't you one of those who said it would sell out easily?

The pricing is agreed by BOTH clubs, as per the rules governing the FA cup.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I'm a sth and I'm not going coz it's on tv and it's cup against opposition we payed last year. Which is not worth the dosh and travelling down from guildford /leaving my family..and it's hasn't been fun watching them at home lately..simple. The price would have to be considerably lower for me to go (not biggest factor)
However, as Albion Dan mentions we have ten seats and every match we fill them even when the Sth doesn't turn up. However the price versus the desire to go to this match meant only a couple of our ten were taken by Sth or our stand in mates, a first!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I'm in east upper, I'm not going, nor are the other 4 I go with. If it was £30 for a ticket without the disgraceful booking fee, I'd have gone. I don't mind paying a £5 more to watch us v a prem team, but £12 more plus +£2 booking fee? No way, it's a mediocre prem team and its on tv. Pricing is a joke. Alot of clubs give away the first cup home game in their ST's. it doesn't matter how some if you dress it up on here with your blind defence of the Club, they got the pricing wrong! That's why there will be ALOT of empty seats. Epic fail by the Club.

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
These are the areas available as of 7am this morning, looking at it I think a crowd around the 23,000 mark would be pushing it!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357369267.848377.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The club need to learn where the price point has to be. I am all for maximising profit etc but clearly the prices for this game were too high. £37 in the middle of East Lower and then the same in the Upper? That seems a bit odd to me, but expensive even before the unneccessary booking fee.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
WSU could be a bit empty as I take it no tickets bar STH buying their normal ones have been sold ?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
It looks as if the attendance will be very similar to last year's Newcastle match (21,558), which doesn't seem such a disaster to me, especially when you allow for the novelty factor last year.

On the WSU question, I think it makes sense, given that the match is clearly not going to sell out, for the club to hold these back and try to sell the lower tiers first (which will be the most visible on TV).

Looking forward to it now.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I doubt £5 would make a difference, it's only a fiver, just don't buy a pie in the ground and that's your fiver almost saved

D

Deleted member 22389

It looks as if the attendance will be very similar to last year's Newcastle match (21,558), which doesn't seem such a disaster to me, especially when you allow for the novelty factor last year.

On the WSU question, I think it makes sense, given that the match is clearly not going to sell out, for the club to hold these back and try to sell the lower tiers first (which will be the most visible on TV).

I'm going and also looking forward to it. The only thing bugging me is that is looks like block N1A is only going to be about 50% full. This is the stand who usually gets the singing going in the North.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

I imagine for WSU its got more to do with giving ST holders the chance to change their mind at the last minute and secure their seat than what it looks like on TV

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I think the club has lost quite a lot of good will with the prices. If they were at STH prices I'd go and I'm gutted not to be going, but £37 is just too much.
I am f*cked off I can't make it

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The only thing bugging me is that is looks like block N1A is only going to be about 50% full. This is the stand who usually gets the singing going in the North.

Does that mean they're not the supporters they think they are?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here