Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If I wasn't busy my seat would be £37 + £2 as opposed to £26 x 23 for league games. As others do & we have done previously if my season ticket were to include our first FA cup home tie in the overall ST price what would the price be ?
The answer EVERY time would be £26 x 24 total.
This is the key fact the club have misread

You don't have to buy your seat or has that not got through to you yet! Your season ticket is a discounted price for your loyalty so why do you feel the club are duty bound to extend that discount to big cup games. As for including the first cup game, I think you'll find that applied when we were more likely to have a game in the Johnson Paint Pot or first round of the League cup or at worst, the first two rounds of the FA cup. Perhaps the club should remove the direct debit facility so when it does come round to Jan and big cup games then you won't have forty odd quid coming out of your bank acc for that and can use it for the cup tie!

Also, had we drawn Swindon at home at the start of the season, that would have been your home cup game but I bet you would still be whingeing that the club have the audacity to charge the standard league prices for the Newcastle game!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Ooh, I'm going big time controversial now.

No time for the FA Cup?

Possibly the best yet definition of 'Johnny Come Lately'.

And yes I do read this board and your comments regularly.

:)
No, i am a league man. I feel the romance of the smaller club occasions than just turning up to see us go head to head with these big-money charlies.
I won't announce my number of years going to games to protect a reputation i have no reason to defend and doesn't dine off of experience.

I don't mind you going and enjoying it. Have a lovely time. It's just not for me.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
As I supporter you support through thick and thin. And yes they do not always get things right. But what gets me is that some people want it to be a poor turn out, so they can gloat in the I told you so. Look forward to that

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
My point was that we don't have attendances of 26,000 plus because some of our STH's don't turn up. The crowd is the number of tickets sold (Which we all know).

If the price was £15 tomorrow, all Season Ticket Holders would still not attend.

FWIW I haven't missed a game at the Amex.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

As I supporter you support through thick and thin. And yes they do not always get things right. But what gets me is that some people want it to be a poor turn out, so they can gloat in the I told you so. Look forward to that

Withdean Wanderer is the opposite of "a supporter".

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
i think its the prices

Combination of all things i suppose......free on the telebox, same fixture as last season, another wad of money just after christmas..........but the decider for me was i will still be at work as the kick off takes place......and i bet i am not the only ST holder where this was the deciding factor!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Ooh, I'm going big time controversial now.

No time for the FA Cup?

Possibly the best yet definition of 'Johnny Come Lately'.
Beg to differ. JCLs will be out in force at The Amex tomorrow.

Those who can remember the Goldstone entrance fee being measured in "pence" are more likely to be balking at the modern day prices...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Re: Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

I want a poor turn out. Not to gloat butbto show the club that high prices will result in lower crowds. A very healthy lesson indeed.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Not at all.

IF it sells out, I will be delighted, since with only approx 50-60 percent of STHs going it would mean we have a far bigger casual fan base than I thought.

If the crowd is less than last Year's game, then it will mean the club has overpriced it, since we have 3,000 more STH than last year.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I want a poor turn out. Not to gloat butbto show the club that high prices will result in lower crowds. A very healthy lesson indeed.

Just out if interest Dan, what would you class as a poor turnout tomorrow?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not at all.

IF it sells out, I will be delighted, since with only approx 50-60 percent of STHs going it would mean we have a far bigger casual fan base than I thought.

If the crowd is less than last Year's game, then it will mean the club has overpriced it, since we have 3,000 more STH than last year.

I still need to be convinced what the number of STH has to do with it? At a lot of clubs it gives STH's an excuse not to go, if they don't fancy it, as they have already paid for league games,

Look at Man U STH. They hate it that the Glaziers force them to buy tickets for all European and cup games.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

What is your definition of lower crowds, 2 years ago we would not have got half the the crowd we will get tomorrow. So where have the club got it wrong. The club has the set up of a PL club and has to move forward. There are plenty of lower league clubs that will charge you less, go and support them. And do you honestly believe that if we progress in the cup and have home games, that are priced the same or higher, that people will not turn up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What is your definition of lower crowds, 2 years ago we would not have got half the the crowd we will get tomorrow. So where have the club got it wrong. The club has the set up of a PL club and has to move forward. There are plenty of lower league clubs that will charge you less, go and support them. And do you honestly believe that if we progress in the cup and have home games, that are priced the same or higher, that people will not turn up.

The club wil not charge higher than the current rates. Man Utd at home would have cost the same as tomorrow.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The club wil not charge higher than the current rates. Man Utd at home would have cost the same as tomorrow.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Withdean Wanderer is the opposite of "a supporter".

is he?

Hundreds of Albion games witnessed up and down the country.
A cupboard overflowing with old Albion shirts
Countless boxes of old programmes
An autograph book from his Junior Seagull Days with about 10 Bobby Zamora's, 8 Gary Hart's and, er, 2 Danny Webbs and a Phil Stant?
At least 5 Albion books and 7 DVD's visible from the seat I currently sit on

Is he, is he really?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Don't complain about signings then.

IF, and as of today we don't know the answer, we sell 21,000 tickets at an average of £30.00 it will bring in £630k

Reduce ticket prices by just £5, pretty much guaranteeing a sell out, would bring in £675k

That's without taking into consideration what the extra 6,000 people would spend at the stadium.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I wonder if the whingers would prefer a lower match ticket charge but pay for parking train and busses at full price?
I realise it is probably impractical and contravenes the planning covenants but my guess is that it would be as expensive if not more so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here