Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
IF, and as of today we don't know the answer, we sell 21,000 tickets at an average of £30.00 it will bring in £630k

Reduce ticket prices by just £5, pretty much guaranteeing a sell out, would bring in £675k

That's without taking into consideration what the extra 6,000 people would spend at the stadium.

I don't think £25 would guarantee a sell out, being an early kick off and tv is enough to put a huge amount of people off from going, but of course not many on here would admit to it. But a lot of casual fans wouldn't go if they were £15 if on tv.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I wonder if the whingers would prefer a lower match ticket charge but pay for parking train and busses at full price?
I realise it is probably impractical and contravenes the planning covenants but my guess is that it would be as expensive if not more so.

Some of us are not whinging, we are just stating that if the club had priced it more sensibly, we could have sold out, made more money for the club, and had a better atmosphere.

Anyway, why are you worried, weren't you one of those who said it would sell out easily?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
IF, and as of today we don't know the answer, we sell 21,000 tickets at an average of £30.00 it will bring in £630k

Reduce ticket prices by just £5, pretty much guaranteeing a sell out, would bring in £675k

That's without taking into consideration what the extra 6,000 people would spend at the stadium.

but it wouldnt guarantee a sell out would it. History says the same people would be saying the same stuff and just as loudly. spurs away, west ham away, man city, newcastle and sunderland last season......... indeed even gillingham in the league cup..........

same old same old............... :(

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

is he?

Hundreds of Albion games witnessed up and down the country.
A cupboard overflowing with old Albion shirts
Countless boxes of old programmes
An autograph book from his Junior Seagull Days with about 10 Bobby Zamora's, 8 Gary Hart's and, er, 2 Danny Webbs and a Phil Stant?
At least 5 Albion books and 7 DVD's visible from the seat I currently sit on

Is he, is he really?

Yes. Look up the definition of "supporter". i.e. "to support".

I don't think you'd will find it says " to criticise at every opportunity".

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yes. Look up the definition of "supporter". i.e. "to support".

I don't think you'd will find it says " to criticise at every opportunity".

"a person who backs a sports team, politician, etc."

I BACK a team. That doesn't mean I don't show blind faith.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
is he?

Hundreds of Albion games witnessed up and down the country.
A cupboard overflowing with old Albion shirts
Countless boxes of old programmes
An autograph book from his Junior Seagull Days with about 10 Bobby Zamora's, 8 Gary Hart's and, er, 2 Danny Webbs and a Phil Stant?
At least 5 Albion books and 7 DVD's visible from the seat I currently sit on

Is he, is he really?

I think he was suggesting the word "support" as in getting behind, I don't think anyone would claim you are not a fan of the club.

I can never understand why some people go along to a game and shout abuse at certain players for 90 minutes, there use to be a guy at the withdean who use to do it, but would be there week in week out, a die hard, but it would puzzle me what he got out of it.... It takes all sorts.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There has to be a point at which a reduction in price will significantly increase the attendance... don't know if £25 would do it, £20 possibly would - and then if you factor in what the extra fans would spend at the stadium plus the fact that it could create potential new season ticket holders, surely it would be worth it? Also better for the players and the club's image if we play in front of a full house...

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

You are not taking Newcastles allocation into account are you?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Some of us are not whinging, we are just stating that if the club had priced it more sensibly, we could have sold out, made more money for the club, and had a better atmosphere.

Anyway, why are you worried, weren't you one of those who said it would sell out easily?

This

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Would £5 really make a difference though? It's costing me about £150 to attend with petrol etc so really wouldn't matter but I'm surprised that for the sake of a fiver people would choose to go or not.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Re: Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

What is your definition of lower crowds, 2 years ago we would not have got half the the crowd we will get tomorrow. So where have the club got it wrong. The club has the set up of a PL club and has to move forward. There are plenty of lower league clubs that will charge you less, go and support them. And do you honestly believe that if we progress in the cup and have home games, that are priced the same or higher, that people will not turn up.

2 years ago the ground couldnt hold the same amount of fans. What a dim argument. Im not disputing the club needs to move forward but if you arent a bit thick you would notice that lots of seats are empty against attractive premiership opposition. Therefore the club has got the pricing supply and demand elasticities WRONG.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
There has to be a point at which a reduction in price will significantly increase the attendance... don't know if £25 would do it, £20 possibly would - and then if you factor in what the extra fans would spend at the stadium plus the fact that it could create potential new season ticket holders, surely it would be worth it? Also better for the players and the club's image if we play in front of a full house...

This.

Come tomorrow afternoon, the calculation will be simple:

27,000 x £24

Versus

True attendance x £28.

Even if nothing in it, there was a lost opportunity to get a massive crowd in a high profile tv games, and entice more future followers.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
6k+ empty seats when the club could have easily had a full house and made more money by charging less for tickets.

Let's not forget that we played the same team in the FA cup last season so therefore not as big a game as it might have been a few seasons ago plus the fact that it is live on terrestrial television.
I would like to add that I will be there.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

This.

Come tomorrow afternoon, the calculation will be simple:

27,000 x £24

Versus

True attendance x £28.

Even if nothing in it, there was a lost opportunity to get a massive crowd in a high profile tv games, and entice more future followers.

Not that simple, my ticket was £32!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here