Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

If there are as many seats left as people are banging on about then should be plenty of the cheaper £28 tickets left so not sure what people are moaning about. Were people really expecting £25 (price of withdean ticket) for a premier league club in FA cup?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If there are as many seats left as people are banging on about then should be plenty of the cheaper £28 tickets left so not sure what people are moaning about. Were people really expecting £25 (price of withdean ticket) for a premier league club in FA cup?

I got my £28 NS ages ago, but the £28 ones (like NA1 West) only went online today i believe. I know of plenty that have rang up previously only to be led to believe that the dearer ones were the only ones left.
So, TV cameras will show East Stand ( push those first) and i think the NE side of the NS has sold better.....again tv coverage

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
The fact that this match is live on ITV will effect the gate massively. Without tV would have been a sell out. Still reckon over 20k which will be a fantastic effort.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Well if the crowd is 21,000 then it cannot be seen as a success.

5,500 less people for a game against Newcastle than for a league game (also on TV)

IMO prices should have been same as we pay pro rata for our ST.

Then it would have sold out.

Oh I see less the 21,000 and disaster. Oh if we were still at the Weathdean, how many would we have got, a few years ago we would have dreamed of 20,000 and now its a disaster. Quality post

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I didn't say they have no clue. I said they overpriced the Newcastle game. Your reliance on repetition, hyperbole and misrepresentation does your argument no good at all.

But here is a thought. We are still not making a profit and I spoke of our business sense. Gus is already making noises that we can't afford English talent and Paul Barber has now royally f***ed up his first chance to price up an individual game. Tell me that doesn't need questioning.

You accuse someone of hyperbole and then you use a phrase like "Paul Barber has now royally f***ed up" in the context of a pricing strategy employed with all the variables associated with this match (and would've been sanctioned by TB)?

You are curiously subtle, obsessive or just a plain ole pompous dullard.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

Oh I see less the 21,000 and disaster. Oh if we were still at the Weathdean, how many would we have got, a few years ago we would have dreamed of 20,000 and now its a disaster. Quality post

Not a disaster but a missed opportunity by the club to have a packed out Amex for a televised FA Cup 3rd round match.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Albion have been on national free to air TV for 29 years, that day against Liverpool we got 19k, should at least beat that

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Where does it say disaster?

The crowd last year was about 21500. All I said was with several thousand more STH we should be selling more than last year. W

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Re: Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

I'm not going because it's the FA Cup and i don't have much time for it.

Ooh, I'm going big time controversial now.

No time for the FA Cup?

Possibly the best yet definition of 'Johnny Come Lately'.

And yes I do read this board and your comments regularly.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didn't say half empty. I used the 21k figure quoted on twitter. Half our capacity is not 21k. It IS however less than the number of Season Ticket Holders we have. Our minimum aim should have been our season ticket number plus the Newcastle sales.

Assuming all Season Ticket Holders go to games. I have a strange hunch they don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports