Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Has anyone with a ST who hasn't taken up their seat seen it go online at all ?. I've swapped to the South from W1A for this game and haven't seen my ticket become available so far.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Happy again then I see.

How about a New Years resolution of moaning less

Not a moan, more of a fact. You have to admit, the atmosphere has been dire for a while now. I don't see myself as a moaner really. I just give constructive criticism :) Happy New Year

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Unfortunately there are a few people looking a bit silly here. There are thousands of tickets left, its just that the app people are referring too for numbers only counts the tickets put up for sale online. THe WSU and half the WSL and half the North have nevere even been made available to online sales.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Utter bollox. We will NOT get a full house. WSU is a classic example of not tickets being offered yet the three seats next to me have not taken up their allocation for this match and as far as they were aware on Saturday they could still have taken these up when they inquired. I don't see some blocks up for grabs despite the fact that these are not open to NUFC. I would guess 23,000 at most and atmosphere well, probably like Saturday against Watford.

Flu

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
The tickets are the NORMAL price. No price rises, no reductions. It might sell out, it might not, but it's been fairly embarrassing observing the amount of people complaining about the prices... it's on TV... early kick off... etc etc... and saying they can't be bothered. What exactly were you waiting for as those long and lonely 14 years of homelessness and mediocrity ticked by? It's the 3rd round of the cup at home to Newcastle for fucks sake.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Unfortunately there are a few people looking a bit silly here. There are thousands of tickets left, its just that the app people are referring too for numbers only counts the tickets put up for sale online. THe WSU and half the WSL and half the North have nevere even been made available to online sales.

Nor the Family Stand seats. As I've said before, nobody has any idea how many have been sold, but my guess would be it is far lower than most people reckon.

PG

The tickets are the NORMAL price. No price rises, no reductions. It might sell out, it might not, but it's been fairly embarrassing observing the amount of people complaining about the prices... it's on TV... early kick off... etc etc... and saying they can't be bothered. What exactly were you waiting for as those long and lonely 14 years of homelessness and mediocrity ticked by? It's the 3rd round of the cup at home to Newcastle for fucks sake.

It's on TV, it's an Early kick off, it's only Newcastle, It's just after Xmas and most importantly of all, the tickets are HUGELY inflated if you're a ST holder and to really rub salt in the already festering wound there's a £2 booking fee PER TICKET NOT PER TRANSACTION.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

You only need to look at FA cup third round games in January over recent years to see plenty of empty seats at every ground including the best supported Premier League sides. It's a fact that people have less cash to spare after Christmas and don't have the motivation to go through the transaction process (hence every clubs wish to get fans signed up to an auto-purchase cup scheme).

There will be plenty of empty seats on Saturday whether it's on TV or not. Anything over 20000 for a televised game in January will be a massive result.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

This.

28 quid for a North Stand ticket, top-half Championship club at home to last season's 5th-placed Premiership side. Given the very reasonable price of a season ticket and that's GOOD f***ing VALUE. I don't see how the fact it is on TV should matter, most football is on TV now one way or another but you pay the money to be there. I've been following the Albion since 1993 and I reckon we've probably hosted top-level opposition in either cup about 5/6 times maximum in those 20 years (including Leicester & Southampton). Anyone who thinks this isn't a big day for the Albion has really managed to get their head stuck up their own arse in the last couple of years.

I appreciate some people find Jan a tough month financially and might have preferred a nice tenner a ticket against Conference opposition, but the complaints about pricing are ridiculous IMO.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This.

28 quid for a North Stand ticket, top-half Championship club at home to last season's 5th-placed Premiership side. Given the very reasonable price of a season ticket and that's GOOD f***ing VALUE. I don't see how the fact it is on TV should matter, most football is on TV now one way or another but you pay the money to be there. I've been following the Albion since 1993 and I reckon we've probably hosted top-level opposition in either cup about 5/6 times maximum in those 20 years (including Leicester & Southampton). Anyone who thinks this isn't a big day for the Albion has really managed to get their head stuck up their own arse in the last couple of years.

I appreciate some people find Jan a tough month financially and might have preferred a nice tenner a ticket against Conference opposition, but the complaints about pricing are ridiculous IMO.

Excellent post.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's on TV, it's an Early kick off, it's only Newcastle, It's just after Xmas and most importantly of all, the tickets are HUGELY inflated if you're a ST holder and to really rub salt in the already festering wound there's a £2 booking fee PER TICKET NOT PER TRANSACTION.

* Most games are 'on TV' if that's what you want.
* Its not THAT early
* 'only' Newcastle? Ridiculous
* The tickets are not 'inflated'. They are just not discounted.
* I bought my tickets in the ticket office. there was no booking fee.

Lighten up.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Except they're not really, because the season ticket is giving you a discount. In general I think football is getting too expensive and fans are being priced out, but I really don't think the club have been unreasonable here given general ticket-pricing for football.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's very depressing seeing alot of posters on here DESPERATE for a low turn out. Odd really.

This. Its a very, very strange situation.

Some people just love to whinge I guess, and more than anything they HATE to be proved wrong, and made to look stupid.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
give me JCL's any time ahead of the bunch of self styled uber fans who are so desperate to see an empty ground and sell the club short . Beggars belief ( or it would if I wasn't so inured to the crap posted on here every time people have to pay full price for a ticket).

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

Very well put. I think a lot of fans have got into the habit of moaning over those 14 years and can't quite shake that habit now the good times are here. You'd never guess we'd just tonked Ipswich away from home and were about to challenge a top Premiership side in a televised cup game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here