Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Re: Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

Don't forget most of these people never went to Withdean, so they are not real fans and should just get lost, we only want 8,500 people at the Amex. Including away supporters.

Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

He means ACTUAL attendance.

For the Newcastle match the two figures will be the same. Everyone (bar a handful of 1901s) who has a ticket will be there.

Good point! I forgot to factor in that it's a cup game.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

My lad bought his own WSU seat on Saturday. I thought it would have gone by then, but if they've held those tickets back it'll be interesting to see how much of the WSU remains unsold.

The above example us EXACTLY why ST holders seats gave not been released until all non ST 'seats' have been sold. ST holders are far more likely to buy late on (& be happy) if 'theirs' is still available when they might not at all if forced into other areas of the ground.
this simple & if you think about it is an absolutely correct strategy for both the club & ST holder

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I estimated we'd make just shy of £900,000 through ticket sales for this one match (£32 average ticket price * 27,000), anyone know the TV money we get? Over £1m for one game is a good return.

Don't forget the Beer and Food sales and the prize money .

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Would like to know this myself but nobody as yet has answered.

Who have you asked?

Barber is pretty good at replying to questions, promptly, and in detail.

Personally I think it's because the club wanted to sell the seats most visible on TV first.

My thoughts exactly, and this is why I remain confident that the attendance will be not much more than 20-22K.

If I'm wrong I will hold my hands up but out of about 20 ST holders I know only 2 are going.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My thoughts exactly, and this is why I remain confident that the attendance will be not much more than 20-22K.

If I'm wrong I will hold my hands up but out of about 20 ST holders I know only 2 are going.
Curious. All the people who sit either side off me, in front of me, behind me and others I know elsewhere in the ground are all going.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Loads of Amex tickets in the South stand for this one as per an e-mail at work this morning. We usually get the west? Maybe trying to fill up the visible bits?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Loads of Amex tickets in the South stand for this one as per an e-mail at work this morning. We usually get the west? Maybe trying to fill up the visible bits?

Exactly. West Stand Upper not available yet because the club don't want empty seats on TV.

Adverts on the front of the Argus (at an expense), club employees begging people to go on Facebook and Twitter - anyone who thinks Barber deserves a pat on the back for this is a f***ing idiot. This game should have been sold out weeks ago.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I know loads of people in the west upper not going we've swapped stands going in the north for the 1st time though I shall miss WU block h where all the singing comes frOm
If these have not gone on sale yet (wsu) it might only be about 70% full

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The West Stand will be no more than half full. Total attendance of around 20,000 when it should have been capacity.

Barber out.

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
Make sure you sing then.
West Stand take note, it's a singing stand.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Curious. All the people who sit either side off me, in front of me, behind me and others I know elsewhere in the ground are all going.

Same here, seems people are just exaggerating as they know they were wrong.

Attendance at the Amex would usually be at about 24k, but its tickets sold which gets read out - matching that would probably be the same as what we get normally anyway.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I estimated we'd make just shy of £900,000 through ticket sales for this one match (£32 average ticket price * 27,000), anyone know the TV money we get? Over £1m for one game is a good return.

A George Osborne calculation at best. You would need to know the breakdown on ticket sales percentage wise in each stand between adults , kids at different price points and concessions. The club keeps 45% of the net amount after all allowable deductions are made (stewards , policing , utility costs etc). With the TV money added on it will just about cover Paul Barber's salary for the 2012/2013 season.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As a STH who has decided not to go to this one, I looked at the online sales options for my son and his friend who want to go.

I tried yesterday to book adjacent seats in the South only to be told the seats I highlighted are not available and to try elsewhere. There are various singles dotted all over the stadium but the only adjacent seats are in Block S1H which are the expensive seats in a poor corner location. As reported elsewhere the WSU is not available online, nor are the Family seats. I believe at least 1 North Stand block has never been available online.

I make 2 points. Firstly, that for the casual fan attempting to buy more than a single ticket, the online process is difficult at best and may put people off entirely. Secondly, I don't think anyone has a clue how many seats remain unsold. Given the obfuscation of the ticket marketing 'strategy' I think we will only know on the day.

PG

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I think it is still one third for the home club, one third for the away club and one third for the FA. So more like £300K. A replay would be very worthwhile. If Gus wants a new expensive striker then a Cup run would help.

I don't think the crowd will be that high because of the funny way some of the tickets are sold. I will watch it on TV. Miss a few matches and I could buy a flat screen TV. Not that there was a single thing on TV worth watching over Christmas. Except for the football.

Going to spend my dosh on the Derby game and I hope Buckley is back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here