Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle Prices

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is a thread FULL of people saying no-one will go to the Chelsea friendly. £30 a ticket, around 18k capacity, Chelsea being given the whole WSU, too close to summer holidays, pointless friendly, won't bring a full team, whine whine grizzle grizzle. Attendance that day 17,149 at £30 a ticket.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well how nice it is to receive a big 'f*** YOU' from Paul Barber and Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club. It's 2 weeks after Christmas, we've played Newcastle at The Amex already, kick off time is annoying and will surely reduce the amount of away fans, it's live on FREE TO AIR TV, and he still expects people to pay as much as £39 to watch the Brighton side who only a few days ago showed once again they are nothing but a bunch of bottle jobs when it comes to games that matter to the fans.

We're not fans anymore. We're customers.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
1 ticket in East lower central. For sale. £35.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Why is anyone surprised, they were always going to be full price :shrug:

If this was a Saturday 3pm kick off, I would have not been surprised if prices were full price.

But a Saturday lunchtime televised kickoff? I can't honestly see us getting anywhere close to a sellout. I hope I'm wrong.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
My season ticket works out to just over £20 a game, I will pay £28 for this game so not really standard prices for a ST holder.

It shows what a good deal STHs get and how expensive match day tickets are for those without a ST.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well how nice it is to receive a big 'f*** YOU' from Paul Barber and Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club. It's 2 weeks after Christmas, we've played Newcastle at The Amex already, kick off time is annoying and will surely reduce the amount of away fans, it's live on FREE TO AIR TV, and he still expects people to pay as much as £41 to watch the Brighton side who only a few days ago showed once again they are nothing but a bunch of bottle jobs when it comes to games that matter to the fans.

We're not fans anymore. We're customers.

Yes all Paul Barbers fault. Change the record dullard. Care to explain how both clubs need to agree ticket prices, the fact they are charging the advertised 'full match day price' is all some big money spinning conspiracy by the club?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Why is anyone surprised, they were always going to be full price :shrug:

Is the correct answer, and full price is the right price.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Don't understand why people are so shocked about this? They're the same prices as a home game v Barnsley. Also the same prices as Newcastle the same time last year and Chelsea at home this year. It will sell out.

No they're not.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
There is a thread FULL of people saying no-one will go to the Chelsea friendly. £30 a ticket, around 18k capacity, Chelsea being given the whole WSU, too close to summer holidays, pointless friendly, won't bring a full team, whine whine grizzle grizzle. Attendance that day 17,149 at £30 a ticket.

And how many of those Albion fans in attendance do you think came from Moulescoomb, Whitehawk, Hollingdean etc.?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yes all Paul Barbers fault. Change the record dullard. Care to explain how both clubs need to agree ticket prices, the fact they are charging the advertised 'full match day price' is all some big money spinning conspiracy by the club?

It's a scandalous price as it is. Are you really telling me £39 to watch Albion isn't overpriced? I love the Amex, but it's not worth it, simple.

Season tickets are great value. Direct debits are brilliant. But the less weathly/casual fan is completely screwed over. It's on ITV1, but it seems the Albion are determined to see empty seats on national tv.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone remember the Wrexham FA Cup game last year? I know Wrexham are no Newcastle United, but I think I paid something like £25 all-in for myself, the missus and our two kids.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The club will do exceptionally well to sell out at those prices, ludicrous.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'm busy at that time & at £39 for a graveyard slot game moving stuff around ain't that appealing. Why do they think that with a ST you pay £25? per game, then £14 more for a 1st round cup game is appropriate?

So what about those who buy on an occasional basis. Those are the prices they pay and what ST holders would pay without the discount they receive. - Its not like we have to pay game by game as a ST holder so always trying to find the cash every fortnight (or more frequently depending on fixtures)

What message does it send out to those fans already paying those prices for Championship matches at the Amex if they were then reduced for a glamour FA Cup game against a top flight side ?

Oh and this is the 3rd round not the first round

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here