Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle Penalty

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yep! Dermot Gallagher (spelling?) on 5 Live this afternoon said that no way was that a pen - it did not satisfy any of the criteria for being a pen. He was shocked the ref gave it after reviewing the screen. Said the ref is absolute top class, had a great game...until that moment. Gallagher was at a complete loss to explain the ref's final decision, and said he was very experienced and the noisy crowd/ pressure of being called to the screen should not have phased him in any way. Bizarre decision.
Sometimes I wonder if it’s kind of scripted, the PL clearly didn’t want the likes of us invading the top four last season. Every time we had a chance to get in the top four or at least knocking on the door the officials made sure we didn’t (Spurs away/Palace away). Do they want players like Mbappe deep into the competition of course they do.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Sometimes I wonder if it’s kind of scripted, the PL clearly didn’t want the likes of us invading the top four last season. Every time we had a chance to get in the top four or at least knocking on the door the officials made sure we didn’t (Spurs away/Palace away). Do they want players like Mbappe deep into the competition of course they do.
I read your post once and thought, get away, rubbish. But if that was the world's best referee last night maybe it's true. Sad eh!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The TV replays weren't particulalry helpful, but it looked to me like the ball may have hit his arm before his body and then arm again. Clutching at straws really, it was an awful decision and it is so frustrating that blatant cheating is overlooked time and time again and yet games can be changed on a nonsensical infringement like this.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I read your post once and thought, get away, rubbish. But if that was the world's best referee last night maybe it's true. Sad eh!
Does he get another voice in his ear? I don’t believe Taylor wanted to give that Forest pen he totally lost it after giving it almost like he was forced to go against his on field decision. It was not a clear and obvious mistake and the ball was safely in Barts gloves during the tumble. He was never going to score and was a clear entanglement with Hinsh.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Referee in 'wanker' shock horror probe.

"Well, we didn't see that coming"

Said nobody.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I know... I'm not by nature a conspiracy theorist, but I look at some contested decisions and scratch my head til it bleeds, frankly!!
So, conspiracy theories aside, it's either:
- release the audio for that PSG decision, so fans can truly understand what was said between ref and the VAR 'committee' (it's heard real time in rugby? only the broadcaster, or the fans too?); or...
- accept that the ref ('one of the best'...whatever) was swayed totally by 50000 baying PSG fans
- any other options?🤔

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here