Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle match

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Getting up off my seat celebrating like a muppet when we score a goal, only to find it's disallowed after a VAR check . . . leaving me looking like a muppet. :dunce:

At the Liverpool game - when our third ‘goal’ went in - I ended up on top of someone on the floor between the seats.

Felt a bit sheepish when I realised it was offside.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Wearing a tea-towel on my head and displaying my clip-art filled protest banner and chanting ‘you’re getting dismembered in the morning’ when we’re 3 nil up.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Looking forward to seeing mates who haven’t seen for a couple of weeks.

Chatting about strictly. The upcoming I am a celebrity series. The NFL season so far. The Atlanta braves ( surely they should change that nickname after Washington did) duffing up the astros. Ted Lasso series which I have just got into and the plethora of Scottish gritty dramas like Shetland where you need subtitles at times.

Oh yes and we could do with winning, but expecting another draw.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’ll simply take a goal or two and the win.

A scintillating performance would be a bonus.

Absolutely this, an uneventful 2-0 win will do me just fine. With the strike force at our disposal, (or lack of one), all this talk of giving the opposition a thrashing, is just that . . . talk.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Article in today’s Sports Argus about Amnesty International urging Albion fans to demonstrate against the Saudi takeover highlighting Human Rights abuse during Saturday’s match

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Every one is talking as if the three points will just be a formailty. Newcastle won't roll over that easily, and they have forwards, Wilson and Saint Maximin particularly who are well capable of scoring goals.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I’m more fearful of Complacency than the likes of Saint Maximin. I also don’t think that sport and politics should mix…….oh go on then, ‘you’re getting dismembered in the morning’

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Absolutely this, an uneventful 2-0 win will do me just fine. With the strike force at our disposal, (or lack of one), all this talk of giving the opposition a thrashing, is just that . . . talk.

And yet, with no strike force, we even scored 2 at Anfield from 2 down - yes, Anfield!

Cheer yourself up with a tasty King Fish pre-matchday dinner tomorrow night and you'll soon be more optimistic:)

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The Yemeni flags that Barber will be leaving for all of us on our seats.

Seeing Jamal Khashoggi's face on the big screen on 59 minutes as we hold a minute's applause.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

We failed to beat Norwich or capitalise on our fantastic play against Arsenal, balanced against great second halves against Liverpool/Citeh. We haven't won in a while.

So three points will do me fine.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
A welcome to our visitors from the North East and Middle East with a free glass of date juice for everyone!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
And yet, with no strike force, we even scored 2 at Anfield from 2 down - yes, Anfield!

Cheer yourself up with a tasty King Fish pre-matchday dinner tomorrow night and you'll soon be more optimistic:)

Well that's the Albion all over, more likely to pull off the unexpected by winning at places like Anfield, yet finding it more difficult to put the likes of Newcastle to the sword at home!

I'll probably feel a tad more optimistic after my large Huss and chips tomorrow night though . . . until they tell me that they weren't able to get hold of my favourite fish and l have to make do with manky cod lol.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Well that's the Albion all over, more likely to pull off the unexpected by winning at places like Anfield, yet finding it more difficult to put the likes of Newcastle to the sword at home!

I'll probably feel a tad more optimistic after my large Huss and chips tomorrow night though . . . until they tell me that they weren't able to get hold of my favourite fish and l have to make do with manky cod lol.

I see what you did there

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Having purchased a guest ticket whilst I am aware I am responsible for whoever I give ticket to I was surprised I did not have to give any details. Especially as PB said the reasons no passing of tickets was to know who was attending and so tickets could go to members. I see still 600 still available so assume all members that wanted tickets have got theres

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Having purchased a guest ticket whilst I am aware I am responsible for whoever I give ticket to I was surprised I did not have to give any details. Especially as PB said the reasons no passing of tickets was to know who was attending and so tickets could go to members. I see still 600 still available so assume all members that wanted tickets have got theres

Recently I bought a pair of guest tickets and the friends I got them for thought I'd pull some sort of fast one as they had my name on. Especially as all the Albion matchday info says you need ID to match the name on the ticket etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here