Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle Fans

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Oh come on, easy for us to be all high and mighty having Tony Bloom as our chairman and owner, but are you honestly saying to wouldn't support the Albion, if a Saudi consortium owned our club and invested billions in it?

I'm far from convinced.
I 100% would not renew my season ticket or put any money into the club if this happened. I’d rather see us relegated than have such owners.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whitley Bay's pretty decent now they've sunk money into it and done up the Spanish City. Bit like Seaham further down the coast, really nice places to visit and go for a walk along the beach. Was chatting to the other half (he's from up that way) about it all and that when we retire in ten or so years time I'd be happy to move up that way from London.
8E656E3C-8452-45E5-829C-F007D95A4F9C.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Must be mistaken or mics placed very closed to Newcastle fans. They sang a bit in the first 15 minutes, noting too loud/impressive. Then absolute silence from 1-0 until about 75 minutes. Not just quiet, absolute silence. Then when the game was done at 3-0 they started making some noise but it very obvious “look at what great fans we are, we even sing when we’re losing” kind of way, but forgetting the previous silence when the team needed them. I sit bang on the half way line so get a good sense or the away support vs north.
I agree with this - the whole thing was a bit strange and embarrassing for them.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Wankers, the lot of them. Scum. Inexcusable to support a regime like that. They disgust me.
And most/all of ours would do exactly the same under similar circumstances.

Football fans are the definition of fickle

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Good after the match was lost already but didn't hear them except for once before that time. They were unusually quiet. Still think they are great fans.

That was ear splitting from us today! I swear the noise was so loud in the West Upper that it did a good job dislodging various bits of ear wax so that I shall no longer need to visit the doctor for a good syringing lol! Anyone who says the atmosphere at the Amex is always quiet is mistaken, it was fantastic yesterday. Luton fans were complaining that we were half dead (we were) but that game with them sadly was a pushover and just enjoyable to watch - yesterday I got the feeling that the players wanted the win as much as the fans and each fed off the other with the end result being beautiful and magnificent on the pitch and in the stands.
I knew it would be a good atmosphere at the first 'Albion' after they introduced Fati and Baleba. It tends to stay good really if it happens early. It's almost like we wanted them to be impressed. You can tell when it's going to be good because you get that sound like it's rolling round the stadium. It certainly was in the West Upper.

I've got a good video of the crowd sound after (I think) the second goal, or it may have been the first. Where you can tell blood was being smelled and a pasting was in the air. Genuinely don't remember anything from the Geordies until right near the end.

As an aside, anyone who wasn't there and has only seen highlights will have missed our TOTAL DOMINATION of the them in the last 20 minutes or more. Including oles etc. Except for, you know, the silly mistake.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Newcastle fans were a sound bunch yesterday and always have been a sound bunch.

I ‘pretend’ to live up north….that’s a bit weird. I am not offended in the slightest. I am just giving ‘a point of view based on experience’ (your words). My view is backed up by actual knowledge though. You just come across as a bit ignorant. Not alone in that on here I suppose.
😂😂 not sure why I put that, thought I was being funny. But I am
Literally just saying what I have seen and read, it REALLY isn’t me being ignorant, I genuinely haven’t said my view as some kind if dig to people up North. So you really need to understand that, because it infuriates me on here sometimes that I say a genuine point if view with no nasty elements intended and everyone straight away starts slating me or making me out as ignorant when they’ve taken what I said WAAYY out of context.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
😂😂 not sure why I put that, thought I was being funny. But I am
Literally just saying what I have seen and read, it REALLY isn’t me being ignorant, I genuinely haven’t said my view as some kind if dig to people up North. So you really need to understand that, because it infuriates me on here sometimes that I say a genuine point if view with no nasty elements intended and everyone straight away starts slating me or making me out as ignorant when they’ve taken what I said WAAYY out of context.
Ok, no problem, it’s never great to be misunderstood. Perhaps though try to understand why it gets a bit bit wearing for those of us who have made our lives away from Sussex to hear the same old crap. Seeing people being passionate about their football club really doesn’t mean they have nothing else in their lives. It’s just a bit silly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here