Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle Fans

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Tend to be some of the best fans in the EPL. I've got a good mate who was born up there and had a season ticket but now lives in Berkshire. He'd normally be able to source a ticket but had to watch it at home instead this time. Had a whatsapp from him exactly on the full time whistle saying we deserved it and what great football we played. They clearly understand the game :moo:
I get the impression that, regime supporting aside, they are a good bunch and knowledgeable. But loud they were not until they started on their new song and even that wasn't that loud.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It was all Newcastle on the tv for long periods.
That goes against what others on here watching on telly and a few others watching on telly I've spoken to have said. And completely goes against what I watched on the half hour highlights on sky this morning, which sounded very loud from our fans and refelcted what it sounded like at the game - atmosphere was brilliant in home ends.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
That goes against what others on here watching on telly and a few others watching on telly I've spoken to have said. And completely goes against what I watched on the half hour highlights on sky this morning, which sounded very loud from our fans and refelcted what it sounded like at the game - atmosphere was brilliant in home ends.

Yep ... from Block F Upper West I could hear the Geordies most of the game but they were nowhere near as loud as others. Whereas we were as loud as some of our best games in last couple of years ... comparable to thrashing Utd, Chelsea etc.

What a bizarre, condescending load of bollocks.
Wasn’t even being condescending, but if you want to be offended by it or feel that way, then that’s entirely up to you. I know what I am saying about fans up north is genuinely true, they live and breath football, it is all they do. Not saying everyone and not saying it is a bad thing, they are just more loyal and passionate up there. Nothing bad in that. Been around to most away games up north to see that. God some people are so sensitive on here at times. I Was just giving point of view based on experience. Does anyone actually watch this supporter documentaries?! They even say it themselves!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
In terms of noise level in the away end. I've never heard anything as loud as the Everton fans last season. Newcastle yesterday were disappointing, from the NS I only heard them in first ten minutes. Eff all after that.
Good call although the 5 goals we gifted them may have been a help.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I am honest but I am Brighton through and through. But that was some atmosphere from start to finish from all today. Even Trippier, who was superb as ever and is extremely likeable for England etc got shit every corner. Just how it should be! I loved everyone’s performance today - just brilliant support ⚪🔵
Always difficult to say about away fans, because we know the ground just doesn't project noise any further than about 40 metres away.

The North was really good yesterday and the West actually started a couple of songs!!
Loudest WIthdean to Wembley I can remember for a while.
Not a massive fan of the We've got super Rob De Zerbi chant, but it went on for a long time and was well sung.
So yeah one of the better atmosphere games for me.

Although we did quieten down quite a lot after about 80 minutes as the game drifted to it's inevitable conclusion.
Gave the Geordies an opportunity to promote their "Best fans in the world" myth.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
walked past a group of youngsters in the park, 3 in Albion shirts and one in an Arsenal shirt. Hopefully, the attraction of supporting other clubs is feeling less appealing to the Brighton youngsters now.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Wasn’t even being condescending, but if you want to be offended by it or feel that way, then that’s entirely up to you. I know what I am saying about fans up north is genuinely true, they live and breath football, it is all they do. Not saying everyone and not saying it is a bad thing, they are just more loyal and passionate up there. Nothing bad in that. Been around to most away games up north to see that. God some people are so sensitive on here at times. I Was just giving point of view based on experience. Does anyone actually watch this supporter documentaries?! They even say it themselves!
I live 'up North', not far from Newcastle in fact, your "there's nothing else going on" and "it is all they do" lines are snobby Southern bollocks.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
20 mins? 10 mins and the only time they were audible 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ve been at a number of aways where we’ve been shit and had a party - and homes now I remember the Stoke one under McGhee 🤣
This.

Can't think of an away loss, where large volumes have left early.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yep ... from Block F Upper West I could hear the Geordies most of the game but they were nowhere near as loud as others. Whereas we were as loud as some of our best games in last couple of years ... comparable to thrashing Utd, Chelsea etc.
This.

Feel good factor following the last few days events, plus an added 2 hours drinking = good atmosphere

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
As someone who lives up north I can confirm you are talking patronizing and condescending bollox. Switch off you tube for a bit.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Wasn’t even being condescending, but if you want to be offended by it or feel that way, then that’s entirely up to you. I know what I am saying about fans up north is genuinely true, they live and breath football, it is all they do. Not saying everyone and not saying it is a bad thing, they are just more loyal and passionate up there. Nothing bad in that. Been around to most away games up north to see that. God some people are so sensitive on here at times. I Was just giving point of view based on experience. Does anyone actually watch this supporter documentaries?! They even say it themselves
Having lived up north I think that's absolute rubbish - and yes you are being condescending

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I live 'up North', not far from Newcastle in fact, your "there's nothing else going on" and "it is all they do" lines are snobby Southern bollocks.
What else is there to do? Genuinely curious.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
To be fair I don't know any southerner who believes there's FA to do up north, and any northern monkey jokes are generally tongue in cheek

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
I met a dozen or so at the services on the way home and four of them came over to shake our hands and said well done. They thought our midfield totally bossed theirs. All decent guys just appreciated the day out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here