Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle fans and YouTuber support Saudi, confront protesters

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
You have made up what that particular group of fans were singing at that particular point in time. Only a minor point but it does suggest a desire to vindicate the Newcastle support rather than debate the issues.
Sorry, I don't want to get bogged down in minutiae, and I think I've got lost in this thread, but I honestly don't know which particular group of fans or chant you're referring to?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
In the news(ish) today...

“The PIF under Mohammed bin Salman has facilitated and benefited from human rights abuses directly linked to the Crown Prince." The owners of Newcastle United are directly involved in human rights abuses, according to a US Senate hearing

'The Premier League were given "legally binding assurances" that Newcastle would not be controlled by the Saudi State'

And the Prem League will do nothing - bottlers

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
No worries. I think it was the third photo in post 187 that I assumed we were discussing.
Ah, I was saying that there's one moron clearly looking up at the away fans, goading them. The of the crowd there are staring in the other direction, clearly focussed on the game. My point was that there are a few morons in every support, but most fans are the same up and down the country.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
20% of the regular matchgoing fans had had enough. It was sufficiently significant that the club literally gave away 10,000 half-season tickets.
Just catching up (!).

OK - I understand - we now have TWO reasons for the acceptance of the Saudis:

1. The football was crap under Benitez and Bruce
2. NUFC were down to their last 40,000 (that's FORTY THOUSAND) fans.

Of course, our hearts bleed for you and your fellow PIF apologists.

What surprises me is that, having visited Newcastle 4 or 5 times to watch BHA, your fans are incredibly knowledgable about footie. They seem to have a genuine love for the game, way beyond just NUFC. Selling out to a bunch of murderers is SO FAR from what football is really about - it beggars belief, really.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just catching up (!).

OK - I understand - we now have TWO reasons for the acceptance of the Saudis:

1. The football was crap under Benitez and Bruce
2. NUFC were down to their last 40,000 (that's FORTY THOUSAND) fans.

Of course, our hearts bleed for you and your fellow PIF apologists.

What surprises me is that, having visited Newcastle 4 or 5 times to watch BHA, your fans are incredibly knowledgable about footie. They seem to have a genuine love for the game, way beyond just NUFC. Selling out to a bunch of murderers is SO FAR from what football is really about - it beggars belief, really.
Not sure the fans have sold out to anybody. It's the footballing authorities that have done all the selling out, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here