Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle fans and YouTuber support Saudi, confront protesters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are they? From a lot of what I've read on here, we had no right to want him out because other teams had it worse. Or we've had it worse before ourselves.

We're not ignoring the background etc. We're fully aware of them and each individual has to make their choices for themselves.
And had we had the choice of which new owner would buy us I'm sure many thousands would have jumped at the chance to have our say. I certainly wouldn't have picked the Saudis. But we didn't have a choice. And that gets lost in all of this.

It appears to be the consensus that we chose the Saudis. We didn't.
Well I certainly don't claim to speak for anyone else, but I'm personally very much happy to accept that Ashley had to go, because the relationship was toxic, and it was no good for anyone (not even him, as the poor morale he was responsible for, risked affecting results, and thus the value of his assets).

But none of that excuses your fans' overwhelmingly JOYOUS acceptance of the newcomers. Of course the acceptance isn't actually universal - but publicly it IS -and honestly that IS what matters here.

You pretend that you've 'never heard' any songs in support of the Saudis - which is totally disingenuous. The owners and their figurehead Staveley, are absolutely LAUDED by your fans, at SJP, and everywhere they go. "Mandy is our Queen", etc. :sick:

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Well I certainly don't claim to speak for anyone else, but I'm personally very much happy to accept that Ashley had to go, because the relationship was toxic, and it was no good for anyone (not even him, as the poor morale he was responsible for, risked affecting results, and thus the value of his assets).

But none of that excuses your fans' overwhelmingly JOYOUS acceptance of the newcomers. Of course the acceptance isn't actually universal - but publicly it IS -and honestly that IS what matters here.

You pretend that you've 'never heard' any songs in support of the Saudis - which is totally disingenuous. The owners and their figurehead Staveley, are absolutely LAUDED by your fans, at SJP, and everywhere they go. "Mandy is our Queen", etc. :sick:
Don't fall into the trap of conflating the joy that followed Ashley's departure with joy at being owned by Saudis. The chants at the impromptu street party were "Out of our club", pro-Newcastle chants and an admittedly ill-judged "We've got our club back".

Amanda Staveley is a minority owner, and isn't Saudi, I can also honestly say I can't remember hearing her name sung much at all. There are no chants about Bin Salman, Al Rumayyan, or Saudi Arabia in general. The most popular chants are "Botman at the back, Isak in attack", "Trippier over the Wall", "Anthony Gordon", "Bruno's f***ing Magic", "Eddie is our king".

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Newcastle winning some games of football seemingly more important than morals. They might be rejoicing in the NE but the rest of the country look at them with contempt, that’s the price they pay.
Contempt from their peers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't fall into the trap of conflating the joy that followed Ashley's departure with joy at being owned by Saudis. The chants at the impromptu street party were "Out of our club", pro-Newcastle chants and an admittedly ill-judged "We've got our club back".

Amanda Staveley is a minority owner, and isn't Saudi, I can also honestly say I can't remember hearing her name sung much at all. There are no chants about Bin Salman, Al Rumayyan, or Saudi Arabia in general. The most popular chants are "Botman at the back, Isak in attack", "Trippier over the Wall", "Anthony Gordon", "Bruno's f***ing Magic", "Eddie is our king".
Again, disingenuous. Amanda Staveley is far more than a minority shareholder in all of this. She was the conduit by which this deal happened, and is very much the face of the owners as a group.

And your fans f***ing worship her.

Mandy.jpg

Mandy1.jpg

Saudi.jpg

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Again, disingenuous. Amanda Staveley is far more than a minority shareholder in all of this. She was the conduit by which this deal happened, and is very much the face of the owners as a group.

And your fans f***ing worship her.

View attachment 166423

View attachment 166424

View attachment 166425
Staveley and her husband own 10% of the club and yes she's highly regarded as the person who brokered the deal that got Ashley out and the Saudis in. But she isn't Saudi. And you said we laud the Saudis. There are no Saudi chants regularly sung on the terraces.

That last picture is actually proving one of my points. One lone dickhead facing one way trying to get a rise of out of the opposition fans, the rest of the crowd facing the other, focussed on Newcastle United. But the camera is focussed on the dickhead because, it makes good copy.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Staveley and her husband own 10% of the club and yes she's highly regarded as the person who brokered the deal that got Ashley out and the Saudis in. But she isn't Saudi. And you said we laud the Saudis. There are no Saudi chants regularly sung on the terraces.
I said your fans 'laud the owners' (majority = Saudi) and especially Staveley who is the figurehead of that ownership group. To pretend otherwise is just embarrassing yourself.

Congratulations though - you have finally managed to exhaust me for the day. You really are indefatigable in your slavish loyalty to your club. Are you simultaneously managing to keep up this needy quest to educate opposition fans, on similar threads with fans of other clubs, or are we special??

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
I said your fans 'laud the owners' (majority = Saudi) and especially Staveley who is the figurehead of that ownership group. To pretend otherwise is just embarrassing yourself.

Congratulations though - you have finally managed to exhaust me for the day. You really are indefatigable in your slavish loyalty to your club. Are you simultaneously managing to keep up this needy quest to educate opposition fans, on similar threads with fans of other clubs, or are we special??
I go where I'm needed.

GIF by Leroy Patterson

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Newcastle fans were outraged when the first Saudi bid failed. Social media was awash with claims of corruption in the premier league. It was everywhere.

Not only did they not protest against the Saudi takeover a notable amount actively protested for it.
To be clear, we protested for progress (or transparency) of the only takeover that was accepted by Ashley. We were clamouring for any takeover. And, it bears repeating, the only reason this takeover went through, is because the Saudis stopped illegally streaming BEin's PL broadcast. Nothing to do with morals, human rights, separation of PIF and the state.

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
In the news(ish) today...

“The PIF under Mohammed bin Salman has facilitated and benefited from human rights abuses directly linked to the Crown Prince." The owners of Newcastle United are directly involved in human rights abuses, according to a US Senate hearing

'The Premier League were given "legally binding assurances" that Newcastle would not be controlled by the Saudi State'

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

That last picture is actually proving one of my points. One lone dickhead facing one way trying to get a rise of out of the opposition fans, the rest of the crowd facing the other, focussed on Newcastle United. But the camera is focussed on the dickhead because, it makes good copy.
How on earth do you know what’s being sung from looking at a picture? You might be right but you can’t know that. That leads me to think you want to believe it and that is how you are coming across in all of this. You are simply making stuff up, which makes you an apologist for Saudi ownership of Newcastle Utd. Coming on to a Brighton forum to try to assuage that guilt won’t work.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Ashley may have caused Newcastle United to starve, probably not actually, but that does not mean the takeover is justified.

The new owners are sportswashing and many fans know this is wrong, but they don't want to escape this period of enjoyment - therefore becoming defensive for Saudi Arabia as seen in the first post.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
In the news(ish) today...

“The PIF under Mohammed bin Salman has facilitated and benefited from human rights abuses directly linked to the Crown Prince." The owners of Newcastle United are directly involved in human rights abuses, according to a US Senate hearing

'The Premier League were given "legally binding assurances" that Newcastle would not be controlled by the Saudi State'

Your missing the nuance. MBS might chop up journalists, execute gays, bomb Yemeni civilians, oppress women, enslave foreign workers etc. but he also stumped up the cash to get Mike Ashley out of NUFC.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
How on earth do you know what’s being sung from looking at a picture? You might be right but you can’t know that. That leads me to think you want to believe it and that is how you are coming across in all of this. You are simply making stuff up, which makes you an apologist for Saudi ownership of Newcastle Utd. Coming on to a Brighton forum to try to assuage that guilt won’t work.
What are you talking about? I know what's sung on the terraces because I am there on the terraces. I know what was sung at the impromptu celebration, because I was there. I know what the consensus amongst the Newcastle fans is, because I ask.

Put it this way, if I were to make claims about what the opinions, beliefs and moral positions of West Ham fans (e.g.) without actually looking beyond the headlines, or surface, I wouldn't really have a scooby doo. I'd just be relying on the portrayal of them through a lens supplied by editors, or vloggers, or journalists.

I'm not making anything up, and if we're talking about making stuff up, have a look at the replies to me on this very thread; Buying a £40m superstar a season under Ashley, He made us sustainable, Newcastle fans are morally bankrupt, Newcastle fans are all thick, etcetera etcetera.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What are you talking about? I know what's sung on the terraces because I am there on the terraces. I know what was sung at the impromptu celebration, because I was there. I know what the consensus amongst the Newcastle fans is, because I ask.

Put it this way, if I were to make claims about what the opinions, beliefs and moral positions of West Ham fans (e.g.) without actually looking beyond the headlines, or surface, I wouldn't really have a scooby doo. I'd just be relying on the portrayal of them through a lens supplied by editors, or vloggers, or journalists.

I'm not making anything up, and if we're talking about making stuff up, have a look at the replies to me on this very thread; Buying a £40m superstar a season under Ashley, He made us sustainable, Newcastle fans are morally bankrupt, Newcastle fans are all thick, etcetera etcetera.
You have made up what that particular group of fans were singing at that particular point in time. Only a minor point but it does suggest a desire to vindicate the Newcastle support rather than debate the issues.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Newcastle winning some games of football seemingly more important than morals. They might be rejoicing in the NE but the rest of the country look at them with contempt, that’s the price they pay.
Contempt from their peers.
Except sky and bbc who ignore it all as well because it get more viewers in that country and of course there is that twat Shearer

But its the same with their treatment of away fans and their special allowance to ignore the rules which set out a certain number of away fans must be at pitch level, "cant do that, don't you know who we are"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here