New to North Stand Chat

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm not a frequent poster but think I can offer some basic pointers:

1. Some people on NSC will appear to slate Ashley Barnes. This is all part of a club-led initiative to hoodwink Barcelona into thinking he is rubbish, to deter them from luring him away with a £60 million bid in the summer. Don't be fooled, Ash is an undisputed NSC hero and in fact posts on here under the pseudonym "Mr Burns".

2. Regrettably, a certain number of Palace fans post here with the sole aim of stirring up trouble. The worst offenders are part of a group who refer to themselves as "Mods". While NSC normally takes a dim view of bad language, should you come across a post from any such "Mod", you should feel free to abuse them without fear of retribution.

3. If you don't think we should have let Glenn Murray go, why not start a thread about it?

4. There is a weekly top prize of £150,000 for the poster who comes up with the wittiest and most salacious comment regarding ongoing legal proceedings.

I hope you find this helpful.

You should post more often.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Everyone on NSC HATES Apple products so feel free to start numerous threads slating iPads, iPhones etc.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Very important that you start a thread about any new emerging young olympic diving stars - such as winifred Zahahaha. I do not think anyone on NSC has heard of him yet so I will let you use this as an idea to start a thread. :wave:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Aren't you the FFS Murray guy?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you have a radio show..........shut up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ash is an undisputed NSC hero and in fact posts on here under the pseudonym "Mr Burns".
lol

2. Regrettably, a certain number of Palace fans post here with the sole aim of stirring up trouble. The worst offenders are part of a group who refer to themselves as "Mods". While NSC normally takes a dim view of bad language, should you come across a post from any such "Mod", you should feel free to abuse them without fear of retribution.

3. If you don't think we should have let Glenn Murray go, why not start a thread about it?
lol again honey xxx

At the end of each week, a cash prize is given to the user that started the most informative thread about Palace.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Just made a account on NSC. I don't really know my way around on it, would love some friendly advice on how to do stuff :D
That should be an account.

The form an is used before words starting with a vowel sound, regardless of whether the word begins with a vowel letter. This avoids the glottal stop (momentary silent pause) that would otherwise be required between a and a following vowel sound. Where the next word begins with a consonant sound, a is used. Examples: a box; an apple; an hour; a one-armed bandit; an heir; a unicorn.

Some speakers and writers use an before a word beginning with the sound /h/ in an unstressed syllable: an historical novel, an hotel. However, this usage is now rare. Modern dictionaries of English usage allow both "a historic" and "an historic".

Sussex

MDAL
Apr 14, 2011

The form an is used before words starting with a vowel sound, regardless of whether the word begins with a vowel letter. This avoids the glottal stop (momentary silent pause) that would otherwise be required between a and a following vowel sound. Where the next word begins with a consonant sound, a is used. Examples: a box; an apple; an hour; a one-armed bandit; an heir; a unicorn.

Some speakers and writers use an before a word beginning with the sound /h/ in an unstressed syllable: an historical novel, an hotel. However, this usage is now rare. Modern dictionaries of English usage allow both "a historic" and "an historic".

This

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Just made a account on NSC. I don't really know my way around on it, would love some friendly advice on how to do stuff :D

I swear you already had an account and claimed you were the person who started the FFSMURRAY?!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Users should have to pass an online test before being allowed to post.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Users should have to pass an online test before being allowed to post.
Yes, I don't know why Bozza ever stopped doing the online test for new members. The current system, whereby a few posts have to be made before the Spelling Mod can issue a ban, is nowhere near as effective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports