Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New to North Stand Chat

JamieMcGinlay

Nov 28, 2012
Just made a account on NSC. I don't really know my way around on it, would love some friendly advice on how to do stuff :D

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
there is no way around, just post your honest opinion, everyone gets shit, stick to your view!

Welcome

rowtnorthstand

Nov 25, 2012
Shoreham By Sea
Im new also, well last few days, enjoy, just be half decent with your posts, all will be good, most are positive comments! some are positive even if you dont realise.......................

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Always use "LOL" when something is funny. People on here love it. Also you can never have enough exclaimation marks after every post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
You have to: buy Apple products, be prepared for abuse if defending BHAFC, be prepared for abuse if slagging off BHAFC, say 'LOL' a lot, prepare to be laughed at when you don't get the brilliant in-jokes used by more seasoned posters than you. The very best of luck to you.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
The :moo:, ??? and :facepalm: smileys are pretty useful. Take nothing Ernest says seriously. Return of the Rev and Withdean Wanderer are there to wind people up.

These.

Also, using just one word such as 'this' after quoting someone else is a perfectly acceptable way of expressing your opinion.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don't take ANYTHING that ANYONE posts REMOTELY seriously and you'll be fine. Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Welcome.

Have you PM'd the board administrator (Bozza) to make your Direct Debit arrangements yet ? The first 24 hours are free, after which the tariff is 20p per post, and 75p to start a new thread or poll (50p during close season). Make sure you sort it asap, if your Direct Debit isn't in place within 10 working days of joining, Bozza will revoke your signon and block your ISP. I'm sure you have this all in hand though.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Welcome.

Have you PM'd the board administrator (Bozza) to make your Direct Debit arrangements yet ? The first 24 hours are free, after which the tariff is 20p per post, and 75p to start a new thread or poll (50p during close season). Make sure you sort it asap, if your Direct Debit isn't in place within 10 working days of joining, Bozza will revoke your signon and block your ISP. I'm sure you have this all in hand though.

:lolol:

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
I'm not a frequent poster but think I can offer some basic pointers:

1. Some people on NSC will appear to slate Ashley Barnes. This is all part of a club-led initiative to hoodwink Barcelona into thinking he is rubbish, to deter them from luring him away with a £60 million bid in the summer. Don't be fooled, Ash is an undisputed NSC hero and in fact posts on here under the pseudonym "Mr Burns".

2. Regrettably, a certain number of Palace fans post here with the sole aim of stirring up trouble. The worst offenders are part of a group who refer to themselves as "Mods". While NSC normally takes a dim view of bad language, should you come across a post from any such "Mod", you should feel free to abuse them without fear of retribution.

3. If you don't think we should have let Glenn Murray go, why not start a thread about it?

4. There is a weekly top prize of £150,000 for the poster who comes up with the wittiest and most salacious comment regarding ongoing legal proceedings.

I hope you find this helpful.

Dec 29, 2011
I'm not a frequent poster but think I can offer some basic pointers:

1. Some people on NSC will appear to slate Ashley Barnes. This is all part of a club-led initiative to hoodwink Barcelona into thinking he is rubbish, to deter them from luring him away with a £60 million bid in the summer. Don't be fooled, Ash is an undisputed NSC hero and in fact posts on here under the pseudonym "Mr Burns".

2. Regrettably, a certain number of Palace fans post here with the sole aim of stirring up trouble. The worst offenders are part of a group who refer to themselves as "Mods". While NSC normally takes a dim view of bad language, should you come across a post from any such "Mod", you should feel free to abuse them without fear of retribution.

3. If you don't think we should have let Glenn Murray go, why not start a thread about it?

4. There is a weekly top prize of £150,000 for the poster who comes up with the wittiest and most salacious comment regarding ongoing legal proceedings.

I hope you find this helpful.

Welcome.

:bowdown:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
If you read a thread which you don't think has been properly understood, please feel free to repeat that thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here