New Stone Roses single being released tonight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Sounds like a demo which took 10 minutes to write.

... not that that's always a bad thing... but this just isn't very good IMO.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sounds very drab.

Looks like their creative peak has passed.

A peak suggests they started some where low, rose up to a summit then declined again. I think their graph is more like a cliff, started at the top, then fell off - vertically. They've occasionally managed to cling to some rocks at the bottom.

That said I quite liked it but then again I was expecting a bit of music from the rocks, not from the top of the cliff. :thumbsup:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I notice that the accompanying artwork is 'a bit of a lemon'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, what bands have come back from the dead with a monumental single or album?

So, what bands have come back from the dead with a monumental single or album?

Am I right in thinking you're a Sparks fan, or am I thinking of someone else?

Following the great albums of the 70s, the eighties were dire with the exception of 'Whomp..", but the release of Gratuatus Sax in 95 (ish) was well received by all and haven't released a bad album since

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
I think its fair to say most people will have made up their minds either way before even listening to it. The most striking thing is the level of interest it caused:
- lead story sky news
- Briefly crashed spotify
- Lemon posters causing a social media meltdown (a perfect combination of old and new PR)
All of this is a testament to the fact that these guys changed the direction of music in this country, love them or hate them (Q voted it the most influential album of all time) they have made a mark that still survives to this day.

By the way I love the new track!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't see how anyone can call it 'terrible'. Surely it is EXCATLY what everyone expected it to be? (perhaps with a few more WORDS).

Okay, I accept, the lyrics are terrible - the track is alright though - in a 'one of my favourite B-sides', kind of way.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I like the new track, the lyrics aren't the best, but on the whole better than i expected.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I don't see how anyone can call it 'terrible'. Surely it is EXCATLY what everyone expected it to be? (perhaps with a few more WORDS).

Okay, I accept, the lyrics are terrible - the track is alright though - in a 'one of my favourite B-sides', kind of way.

An Embrace 'B' side kind of way?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't know if Portishead's third album could be described as a brilliant comeback. It was good but not a patch on the first two.

I'd agree with Gil Scott-Heron. That album was way too short. Bobby Womack's Bravest Man in the Universe was special too.

The Avalanches are apparently back in the studio so fingers crossed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports