Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Stone Roses single being released tonight

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I've only just started getting into the Stone Roses, I think their first album is very good. This song is alright, it's pretty safe. There's birthing new in there, but they've probably been told to be a bit commercial or they wouldn't be put on the radio.

As it seems like people are posting random bands on here, check out this little rocker. I guess it's kind of like The Stone Roses/The Beatles.
https://soundcloud.com/officialcarnivale/wake-up-call

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I just cant quite get my head around how bad the lyrics are!

This, so bad and so few of them.

Ian has been consistently impressive when it comes to lyrics, wtf happened here. Music is okay though

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
Listened to it 2 or 3 times now, don't know what everyone was expecting, but I think it's great. A terrific single.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's great to hear some new Roses material, I give it 7.5/10. The lyrics aren't brilliant but the guitar is ace, the rhythm section is superb and I love what they do with Ian Brown's vocals.

Decent entree, bring on the main course.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Got excited by the opening riff; realised it was the only riff. Got excited by the opening lyrics; realised they were the only lyrics.

Definitely not terrible, actually bordering on good. Just not 'Stone Roses' good.

10/10 - NME

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Embrace wouldn't have put that on a 'B'side of the second limited edition release on a multi format contractual obligation.

I cant even be bothered to punctuate

It's THAT rubbish.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It hasn't. it was a friendly enquiry. I thought Little Barrie may have had some connection to The Stone Roses that I didn't know about.

It isn't everyone that's looking for an argument. No need to be so defensive.
Hmm. I explained and said sorry, that's really not being defensive, you know.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This song is alright, it's pretty safe. There's birthing new in there, but they've probably been told to be a bit commercial or they wouldn't be put on the radio.

I'd disagree on that, considering the anticipation and just how popular they are, they could afford to take many risks and it would still get air play. The song is growing on me a little but as others have said, they haven't moved on at all. It could easily have been trackfiller from the second album.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here