Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Star Soccer - digital crack

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Love it! Started with Guisley and now with Hampton and Richmond. Really addictive!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I assume there is some sort of support group for when this game takes over our lives?

I downloaded it Friday evening and neglected the kids most of Saturday afternoon to play it. Started at Eastleigh and won the Conference South with them. Moved to Albion Rovers and spent half a season with them before joining Partick Thistle and finishing 4th in the Scottish 1st Div. Moved to Wimbledon in the close season and despite the fans not liking me I still knocked in 15 goals in the first half of the season, turned down a move to Barnsley but Reading came in for me for 10p/w and a 3 goal bonus and we are now there sitting 5th in the Championship. My stats are 123 apps, 66 goals, 2 hat-tricks, 78 assists - not bad for an 18 year old. My furthest goal was 47.5 yards but that was a fluke as I ballsed up a pass and it went straight in.

The girlfriend in the game is a right miserable bitch though and actually expects me to spend time with her, I get enough nagging in the real world.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
So boys...What are you wages per match/sponsorship payouts/goal bonus etc?

For Manchester United: $12 per match, $3 Goal Bonus and $12 sponsors per match

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Man City - Wage £26 a match, £6 goal bonus, sponsors £25. Star rating 17, 5th season.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm terrible at negotiations. My lack of "Play Your Cards Right" skills are the equivalent of me walking into the new bosses office and, whilst trying to give a nonchalant air of being in-demand, proceeding to burst into tears and dribble snot all over his leather chair.

Though I do try to imagine Bruce Forsyth shouting "Higher, Lower!" at me whenever I do it, so that probably doesn't help matters.

SNN0103FL-380_4__836073a.jpg

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I'm in my 9th year (aged 24) earn $30 + $6 goal bonus + $25 sponsors. I have maxed out skills and lifestyle, so all I buy now are boots (every 40 games), an energy per game (to allow full work rate - it defintely results in many more chances) and energy drinks to help keep people happy.

My star rating is only 20, I got off to a very slow start with seemly every star man performance being whiped out the following match by a shocking performance. It's now going up rapidly, I think thanks to playing at full work rate. In the early days I found I was playing on the lowest work rate a lot as I spent all my energy on skills, etc before the games.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I'm in my 9th year (aged 24) earn $30 + $6 goal bonus + $25 sponsors. I have maxed out skills and lifestyle, so all I buy now are boots (every 40 games), an energy per game (to allow full work rate - it defintely results in many more chances) and energy drinks to help keep people happy.

My star rating is only 20, I got off to a very slow start with seemly every star man performance being whiped out the following match by a shocking performance. It's now going up rapidly, I think thanks to playing at full work rate. In the early days I found I was playing on the lowest work rate a lot as I spent all my energy on skills, etc before the games.

question.....i have been playing the game on line @ mousebreaker...then one day my career was lost!!! I am assuming the cookies were deleted? although they are not set to auto delete..

anyway I downloaded the pc version but ( now I feel a bit stupid) I cant get passed the second skills test.....it says slide tackle a cone.. so I press 'Z' as it instructs me to but It never works.

any ideas?

TA

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I am on 10 a match at Brighton with 3 goal bonus in L1. Got very lucky negotiating with gus.

17 a match for me in the Championship - Just finished my first season for us and finished above Palace but lost both games :down: I scored and was 2-0 up with 20 minutes to go in the home match :down:

Is it wrong to get excited when you score a goal for Brighton

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Season 1 - Tonbridge 3rd in ConfSouth (only top 2 up no play-off) was still figuring things out tbh

Season 2 - Signed for Darlington in L2 as only club in that league who'd take me. Slow start (thought maybe jumped too high up league ladder for my skills?) but then cracked it and soon as we went on a winning run...... got signed by Plymouth in Jan. Were in relegation zone of L1 but won virtually every game easy and finished upper mid table.

Season 3 - Signed for Sheff Utd in Championship - Won play-offs after finishing 4th (play-off win 5-1 against scc but got achievment 'win lower league championship'?), won league cup :D beating Man city, Man U, Everton, Newcastle along the way. Knocked out of FA cup in 3rd round (first game) to Bishop Stortford and it gave me a single chance and we lost 4-1....... very very odd!

Season 4 - Should have stayed with SheffU in prem but signed for chelsea as gf is a fan and she might let me play a bit longer :thumbsup:

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
question.....i have been playing the game on line @ mousebreaker...then one day my career was lost!!! I am assuming the cookies were deleted? although they are not set to auto delete..

anyway I downloaded the pc version but ( now I feel a bit stupid) I cant get passed the second skills test.....it says slide tackle a cone.. so I press 'Z' as it instructs me to but It never works.

any ideas?

TA

I'm afraid not. I play on the iPhone. There is no tackling in that version, only intercepting.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
So boys...What are you wages per match/sponsorship payouts/goal bonus etc?

For Manchester United: $12 per match, $3 Goal Bonus and $12 sponsors per match

Brighton 38 per match, 8 goal bonus, 30 sponsors. Age 24, star rating 24. Currently 6th in prem :)

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Still can't get the hang of intercepting and my feeble brain still struggles to cope with which side to hit the ball to make it bend - I convince myself I hit the left to bend it right and vicky verky, but then I bollox it up hitting the right to bend it right. Or is it.........?

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Still can't get the hang of intercepting and my feeble brain still struggles to cope with which side to hit the ball to make it bend - I convince myself I hit the left to bend it right and vicky verky, but then I bollox it up hitting the right to bend it right. Or is it.........?

Interceptions can be tricky, I usually end up loosing my player under the width of my finger and the ball flys past me :facepalm:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I assume there is some sort of support group for when this game takes over our lives?

I downloaded it Friday evening and neglected the kids most of Saturday afternoon to play it. Started at Eastleigh and won the Conference South with them. Moved to Albion Rovers and spent half a season with them before joining Partick Thistle and finishing 4th in the Scottish 1st Div. Moved to Wimbledon in the close season and despite the fans not liking me I still knocked in 15 goals in the first half of the season, turned down a move to Barnsley but Reading came in for me for 10p/w and a 3 goal bonus and we are now there sitting 5th in the Championship. My stats are 123 apps, 66 goals, 2 hat-tricks, 78 assists - not bad for an 18 year old. My furthest goal was 47.5 yards but that was a fluke as I ballsed up a pass and it went straight in.

The girlfriend in the game is a right miserable bitch though and actually expects me to spend time with her, I get enough nagging in the real world.

I just did the same from 50.4 yards!

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
My tips. Bulk buy NRG just before you go up a star rating as the price of them also goes up. if you gey dropped or put on the bench invest in your relationship with the boss to get you back in the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here