New Sim City game

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Don't buy it just yet, there's already been one patch. Wait for the various other problems to be ironed out including the small plot sizes.

I'd say EA are more likely to have bigger city sizes as paid-for DLC rather than included in a patch

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Considering people have paid up to £65 for the super deluxe version, if you then had to pay again for DLC giving you larger plots, that would be scandalous!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Is it any better now? I heard about the horrendous problems at lauch

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Mine runs very slow on old laptop but fully functional and fun. Oddly my oil has stopped selling to the global market but other city is still selling it's coal and ore fine. Few of the skyscrapers are missing as images but each time I load it up after a couple days off, the update I'm assuming is the reason most of the various images appear now.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Out on Mac June 2013 - Anyone who has already bought the PC version will automatically get the Mac version too.

Plus version 2.0 for PC available 22nd April

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Any problems still? Thinking bout getting it tomorrow.

Well, like I said, Version 2.0 is available Monday night so that may fix many (if not all) of the problems people have encountered so far. So you may or may not want to wait until then, and play it 'clean'.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Has anyone updated to Version 2.0 yet?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Going by the comments doing the rounds despite the update guess I should keep my money in my pocket, shame

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Played SimCity for a week when I got it. Haven't played it since. Not sure if I ever will again.

For those who like strategy games like AoE, Settlers etc, check this out, it's called "Banished" and it looks like it's going to be AMAZING. And incredibly it's being made by 1 dude, on his own.

Shining Rock Software

Also, I have been playing "Terraria" recently, which is said to be a like a 2D minecraft (I'm not sure that it is, I've not played minecraft), I am finding it pretty addictive and lots of fun.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Just seen that they have upgraded to 'offline', guessing its still not worth it though and SimCity is pretty much dead?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Out now on Steam, everything Sim City should have been and wasn't.

Would recommend. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports