Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Sim City game

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Whats the point of having a Mac if I have to install Windows OS?!?!

Think I'll wait for the pukka Mac version running on OSX on MBP. Or might put it on my iMac. Could I play one game on both (not at the same time - sometimes on MBP, other times on iMac) if I save my game to Dropbox?

The point is so you can play games on it. You run a virtual machine, so it's not like boot camp. Waiting of,d be a lot easier, or you may find a mac version on pirate bay before its actual release of OSX. I couldn't give you an answer to the drop box question, never tried to play games on my iMac so don't need to chop and change between.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
The point is so you can play games on it. You run a virtual machine, so it's not like boot camp. Waiting of,d be a lot easier, or you may find a mac version on pirate bay before its actual release of OSX. I couldn't give you an answer to the drop box question, never tried to play games on my iMac so don't need to chop and change between.

I don't play that many games on my MBP or iMac - Football Manager for one, and soon (hopefully) Sim City so I think i will just have to wait.

Hopefully some of you PC users will put some reviews on here once you have played Sim City a bit - just to let me know what I am waiting for!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
On 19 November 2012, a graphics engineer at Maxis using the name "MaxisSixAM" commented on the SimCity.com forum confirming that while a purchase of SimCity through the Origin platform will entitle access to a Mac version of the game, there was currently no indication of a Mac release date and that Mac users may be unable to play the game until a later date.

On 15 January 2013, SimCity Creative Director Ocean Quigley confirmed via his Twitter feed that the Mac version was still being worked on by Maxis and that its release will be "a little later" than the Windows release on 5 March.

On 28 January 2013 an FAQ for the Mac release was posted to the Simcity.com Blog. This reconfirmed, as already mentioned by Ocean Quigley on Twitter that the Mac version would not be released at the same time as the Windows release and instead would come in 'Spring 2013.'[SUP] [/SUP]This translates to first or second quarter of 2013.

Boo!!

Here, it could be what happened with SC4 - muti month wait and then twice the price for the Apsyr version; which then ran like crap on Intel machines even after the UB update.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Here, it could be what happened with SC4 - muti month wait and then twice the price for the Apsyr version; which then ran like crap on Intel machines even after the UB update.

Jeez - hope not!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm doing the Beta between today and tomorrow!! #Excited :D

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Game is amazing! Here is my little suburban City I made:

untitled2.bmp

untitled1.bmp

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
This game is a complete and utter disaster at present, server woes mean I doubt anyone will be playing it much tomorrow. ..

A one player game at that, quite a joke.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
This game is a complete and utter disaster at present, server woes mean I doubt anyone will be playing it much tomorrow. ..

A one player game at that, quite a joke.
Thats a shame, I was considering looking at this after Tomb Raider (and Bioshock Infinite at the end of the month).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here