Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New season=New Beginning

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I see it as the season defining point too. However, how you can decide that it is his fault without any of the facts is beyond me. What budget was left? Who did Oscar want? Who wanted to come? Who decided on Obika? Who decided to cash in on Barnes? What was the medical verdict on CMS and Hoskins being fit?

He might be entirely reasonable. But we as supporters just don't know do we?

I'm not hanging it all on him, but he has a part to play and in that he has responsibilities. irrespective of injuries, sales, budgetary constraints and who Oscar does or doesn't want he must fulfil his role and the manifestation of the poor loan signings, which I believe Oscar had no hand in, lay at his door. I will judge OG by what I see on the pitch, but the tools with which he has to work are down to the DoF.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
That's the crux of the matter for me. Too many of the current squad seem to lack the necessary motivation, a situation not helped by a management team who don't seem able to put some fire in their bellies. Not that they should have to.

I think the management team need to sign up for a course on attacking football and the scouting network including Burke going on a course to help them identify a good player

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm not hanging it all on him, but he has a part to play and in that he has responsibilities. irrespective of injuries, sales, budgetary constraints and who Oscar does or doesn't want he must fulfil his role and the manifestation of the poor loan signings, which I believe Oscar had no hand in, lay at his door. I will judge OG by what I see on the pitch, but the tools with which he has to work are down to the DoF.

I dare say some of the responsibility does lay with him and I'm not giving him or Oscar a pass by any stretch. But some must lie with Bloom, Barber et al. I don't mind if we are treading water, if we cannot afford the right or enough players this season that's fair enough, we are not children, but tell us. What really galls is the way it appears to be going backwards at just the wrong moment. I don't think that is player recruitment because before Ipswich we were in with a great shout, it seems to me at least to be more to do with the professionalism of the players or something behind the scenes we don't know about...

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I dare say some of the responsibility does lay with him and I'm not giving him or Oscar a pass by any stretch. But some must lie with Bloom, Barber et al. I don't mind if we are treading water, if we cannot afford the right or enough players this season that's fair enough, we are not children, but tell us. What really galls is the way it appears to be going backwards at just the wrong moment. I don't think that is player recruitment because before Ipswich we were in with a great shout, it seems to me at least to be more to do with the professionalism of the players or something behind the scenes we don't know about...

Or maybe it's just that old chestnut 'the run of the ball'. Against both Ipswich and Boro we could (should) have been 2 or 3 goals up before they scored. I believe it was the same at Sheff W. All teams go through this at times - it very nearly cost Palace a play-off place last year.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Maybe the lack of contract talks is affecting the players who are now maybe starting to look elsewhere

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
We just need a prolific goal scorer and we will be OK.

Its not like we need to look for a Diego Costa calibre player, there should be plenty of forwards around that should be available.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
I..... maybe even someone who has been part of our club previously (which ever style I don't care) Its about results and we need leaders with presence and some fire in their belly to get the team playing and up for it for every game.

I think the OP has had a trip in a time machine back to the 80's.

Football these days is about tactics, not fire in bellies and club links.......sad, but true.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013

Football these days is about tactics, not fire in bellies and club links.......sad, but true.

It's also about playing to your strengths which is what we don't do

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

We are getting closer on this one, Burke has a share as I have previously stated and so do those who hold the purse strings. I have no issue if there is not a lot to spend, that's how things are, this is a commercial venture not a charity. It is however clear that the team are not playing well as a unit and as a consequence of that we are not scoring goals and losing. That there has been no competition for Ulloa is starting to show, lacklustre displays and missing more opportunities than he takes by a long way, the consequence for him of a bad performance, there is none. The whole structure of management needs to be in harmony and I feel that al is not well within that structure. Sure the club is not letting on whats going on behind the scenes but the spin doctors seem to be getting off on the new training facility, the academy and the award winning pies, all of which are a sideshow to what the club is all about. But the manifestation of the failing of this whole structure is the lack of goals, the whole of our season pinned on the young Argentinian who bares a heavy responsibility and is starting to show signs of not dealing with this. \is that the best strategy that this well paid management team can come up with!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

A coach that knows the difference between 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 would be a start and also the vision to see that playing players out of position to suit a style rather than playing our players to there strengths would be my choice. Combine this with a motivator who knows how to mix it up during different periods of the game would be a vast improvement on what we already had. This said I would love to see a 4-4-2 once in a while, nothing wrong with tradition and pure true british grit sometimes hybrid!!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's also about playing to your strengths which is what we don't do

Now I would have said the opposite as our strength is defending therefore we are playing to our strengths, The main problem with this squad is the lack of goals in it and that's what needs rectifying during the summer.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Thanks for your response. Do you know the revenue created from a promotion to the premier league from the championship out of interest and if so would this cover contracts for our management team?

The point is to get the revenue that promotion to the premier league brings you've got to get there first and it's not going to do our chances much good by spending a large and unnecessary chunk of next seasons budget changing the management team yet again.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Anyone thought about a British pairing who might get us out the championship now Oscars left?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I will keep it quick...

We aren't getting into the play offs this season- We don't score enough goals

Oscar & Jones are NOT right for the club- square pegs in round holes all over the place, especially with team selection, team motivation and tactics

We need to cut out some of the dead wood and this does inc semi regulars this season

(Here's the controversial part)

Kemy- bone idol
Hoskins-Always injured
Orlandi-Always injured
Buckley-Love him but a liability as always injured
Brez- Not sure I have got over that performance v Hull yet
TK- I think he maybe leaving anyway by the sounds of things

New blood is needed to replace the above

I would love to see an established management duo in place of OG & NJ. A team who knows British football and maybe even someone who has been part of our club previously (which ever style I don't care) Its about results and we need leaders with presence and some fire in their belly to get the team playing and up for it for every game.

Its critical we get some new players in who are hungry to do well for us, a good solid pre season at our shiny new training ground, with a new management team in place would set us up for a good push for promotion next season when I feel we will be realistically challenging.

I know I will be shot down for this as there will be massive divided opinion on my points but what do you think?

have you given some thought as to which players are actualy going to want to play for us next season given our current reputation and lack of ambition, when was the last time 2 managers left the same club in consecutive seasons for the same reason,the Albion is a laughing stock

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here