Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New season=New Beginning

Eastbourne Stripes

Smith must score
Jun 8, 2009
Eastbourne
Although Buckley is a handful when fit. He never is fit and I think we should have let him go and held on to bridcutt

In a perfect world i would agree with you, the problem is Bridcutt didnt want to play for us and i feel there are others who fall into that category Ulloa has not looked interested at times since coming back from injury and PIG has stated his desire to play in the prem and obviously knows that aint happening here any time soon. Last season raised expectation through the roof and the board dont help by making statements like Premier Leauge Ready . Obviously the new Academy and stadium are premier league ready but the team certainly is not, PATIENCE IS REQUIRED, this will take time, im not sure about Garcia wouldnt be surprised if he walked his catch phrase at the moment BUDJET

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Its not been pretty especially the Jan window which tbh set the scene for where we are now, this said we have approx. £4 mill worth of players sitting there injured for the whole season so not an easy shout with FFP in mind (zzz) Gus cert had more influence directly with player recruitment and imo this is how it should be. You want the manager of the team on the phone to you selling the club and telling you that you are great and he wants you in the first team etc not the Head of Football Operations selling everything third party.

By the way , where are OG's contacts? Why hasn't he got players in from Barca or even Maccabi?

Yh, where's messi, Pedro and fabregas? Can't believe with his contacts that they are not here

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Yh, where's messi, Pedro and fabregas? Can't believe with his contacts that they are not here

Barca B? players who have left Barca who he worked with previously?, Maccabi Tel Aviv players who may be good enough for the champo? Obv not the players on £200 euro per week

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Barca B? players who have left Barca who he worked with previously?, Maccabi Tel Aviv players who may be good enough for the champo? Obv not the players on £200 euro per week

Messi on 200 euros a week? Lol

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Messi on 200 euros a week? Lol

ok if you where taking me literally which you are that would make him on £165k per week so he is prob on nearer 400k euro per week you rec?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My view on this season is the fact we failed to sign any players with real quality. Poyet had the ability to make a player feel wanted CMS for example had plenty of other offers and most likely a higher salary than we agreed. This is a big part of football management and if its failing then its something that needs to be addressed.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
ok if you where taking me literally which you are that would make him on £165k per week so he is prob on nearer 400k euro per week you rec?

Personally I think the whole set up is flawed.

If I was in charge of on field playing matters then I'd want the final say on which players I wanted. Simples.

Then you could judge me directly if things don't/didn't work out.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
The OP obviously has a view on WHO he thinks should be manager so perhaps icf we knew who that would expand the discussion.

no im not being drawn to that much detail I will get "slaughtered" by Oz :)) I would welcome a change

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
I will keep it quick...

We aren't getting into the play offs this season- We don't score enough goals

Oscar & Jones are NOT right for the club- square pegs in round holes all over the place, especially with team selection, team motivation and tactics

We need to cut out some of the dead wood and this does inc semi regulars this season

(Here's the controversial part)

Kemy- bone idol
Hoskins-Always injured
Orlandi-Always injured
Buckley-Love him but a liability as always injured
Brez- Not sure I have got over that performance v Hull yet
TK- I think he maybe leaving anyway by the sounds of things

New blood is needed to replace the above

I would love to see an established management duo in place of OG & NJ. A team who knows British football and maybe even someone who has been part of our club previously (which ever style I don't care) Its about results and we need leaders with presence and some fire in their belly to get the team playing and up for it for every game.

Its critical we get some new players in who are hungry to do well for us, a good solid pre season at our shiny new training ground, with a new management team in place would set us up for a good push for promotion next season when I feel we will be realistically challenging.

I know I will be shot down for this as there will be massive divided opinion on my points but what do you think?
We have gone backwards and football like it or not is a result based contest.Therefore for me Oscar and Jonesy should go.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My biggest fear is a return to hoof-ball. I really enjoy a passing game (although one with somewhat more penetration than this year has offered).

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
My view on this season is the fact we failed to sign any players with real quality. Poyet had the ability to make a player feel wanted CMS for example had plenty of other offers and most likely a higher salary than we agreed. This is a big part of football management and if its failing then its something that needs to be addressed.

this
you won't convince players to come here and feel "wanted" all the time you are looking at your shoes and with your hands in your pockets while mumbling
I don't like saying this but my other half bought it up(her football knowledge in quite considerable) she questioned me about our loans Obika, Lita, Lingard, and even as far back as Vokes and why none of them has scored as many goals for the Albion as other clubs they have been at which although I don't like admitting it is a very good question.
my contention has always been that they have been played out of position out on the wings whereas most are more used to playing in front of goal.
she also has said that it has been a massive waste of money playing any of them if they are strikers ......and don't STRIKE

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME SO I HAVE SOME CREDIBILITY LEFT

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
this
you won't convince players to come here and feel "wanted" all the time you are looking at your shoes and with your hands in your pockets while mumbling
I don't like saying this but my other half bought it up(her football knowledge in quite considerable) she questioned me about our loans Obika, Lita, Lingard, and even as far back as Vokes and why none of them has scored as many goals for the Albion as other clubs they have been at which although I don't like admitting it is a very good question.
my contention has always been that they have been played out of position out on the wings whereas most are more used to playing in front of goal.
she also has said that it has been a massive waste of money playing any of them if they are strikers ......and don't STRIKE

Women don't know much about football.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
this

Obika - never really proven to a goal scorer at this level.
Lita - no idea what happened there, but, not been a regular scorer for a few years and (as far as I'm aware) didn't go anywhere after us. That must say something.
Lingard - said himself he is not a goal scorer but more of a 'No 10' or coming from the left
Vokes - strange one but was having the season of his life, never really scored that many.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
no im not being drawn to that much detail I will get "slaughtered" by Oz :)) I would welcome a change

So, you're happy to snipe but not prepared to put your head over the wall? And you wonder why people don't take you seriously?

OK, I’ll try and answer some of your points….
We aren't getting into the play offs this season- We don't score enough goals (you could be right there but we do still have 6 games to play)

Oscar & Jones are NOT right for the club- square pegs in round holes all over the place, especially with team selection, team motivation and tactics (I think they are doing a good job with the resources they have – we are safe from relegation and in with a chance of a playoff place)

We need to cut out some of the dead wood and this does inc semi regulars this season (I agree and I have no doubt this will happen)

(Here's the controversial part)

Kemy- bone idol (He hasn’t fitted in at all. Shows the occasional flash of ability but more often than not isn’t pulling his weight – why do you think people are idolizing his bone?)
Hoskins-Always injured (He’s had a bad year and will probably be released when he’s fit)
Orlandi-Always injured (True, he’s had a difficult season but I think we’ll still have something from him)
Buckley-Love him but a liability as always injured (He is getting better but we aren’t taking any chances with him. I think we’ll see more from him when we move to the new training ground.)
Brez- Not sure I have got over that performance v Hull yet (he must be going)
TK- I think he maybe leaving anyway by the sounds of things (He has done this to try to get BHA talking to him. He said the he would be very pleased to discuss a new contract – no guarantees he’ll sign it though).

New blood is needed to replace the above (agreed)

I would love to see an established management duo in place of OG & NJ. A team who knows British football and maybe even someone who has been part of our club previously (which ever style I don't care) Its about results and we need leaders with presence and some fire in their belly to get the team playing and up for it for every game. (an established new management duo will need a fair bit of time themselves – especially if we’re planning to release several players at the end of the season. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Oscar moving sideways to become the new Academy director. As for a new manager the only ones that I can think of are Malky Mackay, Zola and Eddie Howe. I certainly wouldn’t want Dean Saunders if that’s who you had in mind)

Its critical we get some new players in who are hungry to do well for us, a good solid pre season at our shiny new training ground, with a new management team in place would set us up for a good push for promotion next season when I feel we will be realistically challenging. (getting ‘hungry’ players isn’t as easy as it sounds and keeping them hungry is even more difficult – especially as we want to operate within a very tight wage structure).
I know I will be shot down for this as there will be massive divided opinion on my points but what do you think? (I think you raise some good points but there is also some stuff that you haven’t thought through.)
Finally, now that I’ve given my suggestions for the next manager, are you prepared to give yours?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Women don't know much about football.

BE CAREFUL
she can hold a football conversation with most blokes, knows players and has what I would consider good and well considered views on most aspects of the game that even surprised me when we first met.
we went to a wedding not long after I met her and she put me to shame while holding a chat about MU, the guys in that conversation gave me the look that said exactly what you just have.
it is very annoying when I get into a rant about the Albion and she comes up with something extremely sensible, which normally puts the whole thing into perspective
She has never been to an Albion game mind you .................simply because she does not like crowds ...thats her excuse anyway

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Not wishing to be awkward but I cannot think of any possible improvement with BHA connections other thsn Danny Wilson or Dean Saunders and I wouldnt sack Oscar to replace him with either of them.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Did you even go to the Goldstone? Didn't think so

Oh gawd... an internet dispute based on poor education and my taking the piss out of the illiterate.

I apologise, unreservedly, for drawing attention to your inability to spell correctly, especially as I did it for no good reason other than to draw attention to your inability to spell (or your subsequent ability to claim undiagnosed dyslexia).

Now... it's your turn to apologise for not knowing that I've been an Albion fan for over 40 years, first going to The Goldstone in 1973 when I was 8.

I shan't hold my breath on the latter.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Oh gawd... an internet dispute based on poor education and my taking the piss out of the illiterate.

I apologise, unreservedly, for drawing attention to your inability to spell correctly, especially as I did it for no good reason other than to draw attention to your inability to spell (or your subsequent ability to claim undiagnosed dyslexia).

Now... it's your turn to apologise for not knowing that I've been an Albion fan for over 40 years, first going to The Goldstone in 1973 when I was 8.

I shan't hold my breath on the latter.

just thought it peculiar to correct the spelling mistake as opposed to commenting on the actual content of the post. All the same I don't know who you are and would never have known that you were a fan going way back so good on you , massive respect, that's commendable. All the same any comments about my pist sorry I mean post?

Last edited:

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Not wishing to be awkward but I cannot think of any possible improvement with BHA connections other thsn Danny Wilson or Dean Saunders and I wouldnt sack Oscar to replace him with either of them.

There's a team combo out there that work no doubt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here