Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Palace Kit

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The home kit is quite smart to be honest, it looks great without a sponsor, but that will no doubt be ruined by some shite sponsor soon enough. The away isnt too bad, looks like a napoli away kit.

Which is odd, as the blurb on one of the websites states that the Palace home kit, stripes notwithstanding, is the same template as a Napoli away kit, and their away kit is the same as the Napoli home shirt (or "Napoli home shlt" as the website inadvertently- and appropriately- has it).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given the choice, this:-
Not sure about last season but he did 2 seasons ago

jadesy4u.jpg

y5esavyn.jpg

Or papped on Huddersfield train station, with your Albion duffel bag minding your own business?
(Can you do the honours please [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION], I can't find the photo)

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
They should ditch the yellow "look at us, we're barcelona" bits. Replacing the yellow with blue or red you'd have a nice looking kit.

Also, those pic of parish above of Parish will never stop making me laugh. Look at it. Just LOOK at that kit.

TBH I am not really into "kits" but The palace kit has had the yellow bits on it since the 70s, thinking back to the Gerry Queen claret and light blue pin strip kit, to the Don Rogers kit, they all had yellow "bits"

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
TBH I am not really into "kits" but The palace kit has had the yellow bits on it since the 70s, thinking back to the Gerry Queen claret and light blue pin strip kit, to the Don Rogers kit, they all had yellow "bits"

Just curious, have Palace ever re-considered going back to their original colours - claret and blue? Only mild curiosity, mind.

Additionally, I would say that - possibly because they have three (four if you include the yellow 'bits') colours compared to our two - they have been more imaginative with their kits down the years than we have.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I always liked the Claret and light blue (sky blue?) the original "palace" kit was given to the club by Aston Villa and up until the 60s remained more or less the same.. But Palace have chopped and changed their kits much to often over the years, its nice just to be in red and blue strips.

Back in the day the yellow was called gold!!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A shirt that was probably ahead of its time - from 1961, a new design AND a club crest.

Club crests were very rare back in the day. If a club had any motif on its shirt, it was usually the town's crest (the Albion had the double crest of Brighton and Hove) or the club's initials. It wasn't until the 1970s that it became the norm for clubs to designing their own crests for their shirts. This was a crest specifically for the club, not the borough...

140422-01.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The best thing about ANY kit we have is that is t hasn't got a flying rat on it.
No, you opted to copy the crest of Brighton's second team, Whitehawk FC :facepalm:

I remember the Umbro branding on the sleeves - I have forgotten about that!
Make your mind up.

I always liked the Claret and light blue (sky blue?) the original "palace" kit was given to the club by Aston Villa and up until the 60s remained more or less the same.. But Palace have chopped and changed their kits much to often over the years, its nice just to be in red and blue strips.

Back in the day the yellow was called gold!!!
I thought you weren't really into "kits"?

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
Just over a day away from your biggest match of the season so far and this thread is that far up the Big Board? You guys need to concentrate on making sure you get to play against us in these "hideous" kits more than suggesting Jedinak looks like an overweight fan.

Don't worry I won't tell him.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Just over a day away from your biggest match of the season so far and this thread is that far up the Big Board? You guys need to concentrate on making sure you get to play against us in these "hideous" kits more than suggesting Jedinak looks like an overweight fan.

You're right. If we just post a few more threads, we are GUARANTEED to make the final....

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
No, you opted to copy the crest of Brighton's second team, Whitehawk FC :facepalm:

Make your mind up.

I thought you weren't really into "kits"?

I might not be, but I can remember them!! but just like any other bit of clothing, don't really get excited about them..I am a naturally scruffy bugger :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I might not be, but I can remember them!! but just like any other bit of clothing, don't really get excited about them..I am a naturally scruffy bugger :)
Well, good news. There are two new shit shirts available for you to show your support for your team, and look like a chav on a night out.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Well, good news. There are two new shit shirts available for you to show your support for your team, and look like a chav on a night out.

As I am 36 years over the age of 16 my football shirt wearing days are over thanks. As for the Chav look, well I am more of a "North Laine" type of person TBH.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

We need to "concentrate" on our team to get them to win? Holy shit, let's get Uri Geller on board.

These aren't actually that bad considering they are Macron.

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
We need to "concentrate" on our team to get them to win? Holy shit, let's get Uri Geller on board.

These aren't actually that bad considering they are Macron.

I thought you'd have bigger things on your mind than the kits we'll be wearing in the prem next season. You're really going to need to see beyond Palace if you are to progress as a club. Rivalry is one thing but this is infatuation. It can be a little creepy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here