Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Knockaert Tribute – for next Friday?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
It's really difficult to get new songs going, I don't think you or the other bobble hatters on this thread understand the dynamics of getting a crowd to learn a song and this comment reflects that.
People don't just make a decision on the spot, the song needs to be repeated and spread around the fanbase and that takes time and effort. The only way you'll do it is if you beg the police box crew to take it on board and keep trying until others join in or you and [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] stand in the middle of the North with the other singers and try to get it going.

You can't just put a poem and a youtube video online and instantly expect the 1000 or so people learn it and break out into song, the vast majority in the ground will have no knowledge of your video, that's why I'm saying it won't work. Posting songs on NSC has been tried many times before and it never ever works. "Hammond-do-do-do chase a cockney up a tree" was more catchy, and that dreadful leaflet with the jazz hands picture had more support, as astonishing as that is!

Mate iit's 5 lines! The first 3 being repeats of his name. Everyone knows the tune, it's not that fvcking hard!

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Maybe I've misunderstood, but I'm going to the Villa game to support the Albion and watch the football. Not to sing daft songs the words of which I don't know. And with all respect, I wouldn't, in any case, do so for the father of one of the players. Sad, yeah, but anything to do with me or my support for the Albion? Sorry but no.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can we tie this tribute in with Diana ? After all, she perished in the EXACT SAME COUNTRY that Anthony was born in. And unless I am very much mistaken, 2016 marks the 19th anniversary of her death. How about we all link arms in the 19th minute and sing:

We love you Knockaert, we do
Diiiiiana, love you too

Won't be a dry eye in the house.

What about:

A rose, you never used your thorns,
The ones you loved abandoned you,
Your angel face made hearts so warm,
You helped the sick but who helped you ?
Then rushing through the Paris night,
They hounded you, you lost control,
We prayed that you would be alright,
The news came through - Your body cold...
(Chorus) Good night, my sweet princess...

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Maybe I've misunderstood, but I'm going to the Villa game to support the Albion and watch the football. Not to sing daft songs the words of which I don't know. And with all respect, I wouldn't, in any case, do so for the father of one of the players. Sad, yeah, but anything to do with me or my support for the Albion? Sorry but no.

It's become pretty obvious that there won't be any kind of 'tribute'. Now it's just a case of ditching the shitty achy breaky heart song which every bloody club sings and replace it with the Knockaert Marseillaise.
If you aren't sure of the words:

An-thony, An-thony!
Knockaert, Knockaert, tears teams apart
And brings us victory!

Please don't tell me you can remember that.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It's become pretty obvious that there won't be any kind of 'tribute'. Now it's just a case of ditching the shitty achy breaky heart song which every bloody club sings and replace it with the Knockaert Marseillaise.

An-thony, An-thony!
And brings us victory!

How does the tune go ?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Once more, with feeling. The song was NOT written last week, as a tribute to AK's dad. It was first posted on NSC on 15 August.

It was meant as an alternative to the deeply unoriginal Paddy McCourt song that's currently in use. But, as others have said, these things either take off, or they don't. If our fans choose to stick with a comfy knock-off from other clubs, rather than try something that would become a totally unique Albion song celebrating a great player, then so be it.

A few of us tried this in the pub last night. Unfortunately we are all in the East upper so to get a new song going up there is almost impossible. But we found as we drank more and sang it more in the beer garden, that an OH appeared on the front of An-thony!
And it did scan and work a lot better, as soon as one of us started with Oh-Anthony, the rest just started. So i think it's worth putting an Oh on the front.

Oh - Anthony, Oh - Anthony!
And Brings us victory!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agreed. The existing song is popular enough, surely. A poster did suggest that at 11 minutes we all clap - this might seem a reasonable compromise, and would then help the atmosphere. But anything that contributes to the atmosphere, then great.

Agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Personally, I'm looking forward to the inevitable time when we've just embarked on a minute's sombre applause and the Albion score. Might just force us to knock this one on the head, once and for all.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Personally, I'm looking forward to the inevitable time when we've just embarked on a minute's sombre applause and the Albion score. Might just force us to knock this one on the head, once and for all.

Apart from a FEW internet GEEKS nobody SIGNS any of these NODDY songs anyway. Most of the crowd have a job REMEMBERING the words to the 'ALBION, Albion' song

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

The tribute....I agree, I think we've had it at Bristol.
For using what is a far better song with less words and easier to sing than the achy breaky song, I don't agree we should knock it on the head, I think we should belt it out. All anyone has to remember is 'tears teams apart'. Easy, catchy, will work if anyone is prepared to sing it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I have thought the same but about Albion conceding a goal - I think we are all so nice the clapping would continue...

There will be a Knocky related 11th minute v. Villa. Can't see how there won't be as his song is everyone's favourite anyway.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I have thought the same but about Albion conceding a goal - I think we are all so nice the clapping would continue...

There will be a Knocky related 11th minute v. Villa. Can't see how there won't be as his song is everyone's favourite anyway.
Not sure if there is another thread but Villa fans planning their own tribute to a young fan in the 12th minute. I really hesitate to make any further comment but there is a logical limit to all of these tributes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

An-thony, An-thony!
And brings us victory!

Surely the top line needs to be done twice ?

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Not sure if there is another thread but Villa fans planning their own tribute to a young fan in the 12th minute. I really hesitate to make any further comment but there is a logical limit to all of these tributes.

We can't be that far away from when every minute of every game is dedicated to someone or something

It is absolute bloody MADNESS. Yeah, it is sad if a member of a players family dies or a supporter of the club but do we really have to commemorate EVERY bloody thing?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We can't be that far away from when every minute of every game is dedicated to someone or something

It is absolute bloody MADNESS. Yeah, it is sad if a member of a players family dies or a supporter of the club but do we really have to commemorate EVERY bloody thing?
Chill out its 1 minute of your life

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

aberdare seagull

Feb 28, 2014
south wales
As sad as any death is the tribute has already been done at Bristol. But if we are gonna tribute everything then my neighbours dog died last week aged 14. Can we sing "who let the dogs out" in the 14th minute. Thanks in advance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here