Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Kits Thread - Season 22/23

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
School holidays aren't for another couple of weeks: what's the problem?

Mine are but good point, he's finished GCSEs which is why, forgot the other have another couple of weeks. I'm just an excited little boy(60 1/2) who's looking forward to seeing it.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
WAGMI stands for We're All Gonna Make It, which is one of the catchphrases for the Crypto/NFT/Fan Token based company that now owns Crawley and is promising to have a fan led club which democratises decision making. They hope that Crawley will become the 'Internet Owned Club' and have supporters/virgins living with their mum (delete as appropriate) buying merchandise that will lead to Crawley being in the Premier League.

Good luck with that.......

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I really do not understand the excitement of "new kit" at all. Its a simple marketing ploy nothing more, and we all know it. The only reason Kits are re designed is to sell them. Why on earth are people falling for this garbage season after season.Just look at the absolute bollocks that has accompanied Southampton's' new "Brave " kit, that just shows what utter utter tosh it all is

Most of us are facing financial constraints at the moment, and new kit for youngsters is not cheap- the power of the pester factor can not be understated, and having a couple of kids wanting the new kits every season is very expensive.

Yet so many people are getting uptight that the new kit hasnt been released yet, so what? lets keep the same kit for at least a couple of years, a lot of parents would breathe a sigh of relief

IMO this really is a case of emperors new clothes and we have all fallen for it. Everyone says we must have new kit every season because everyone has new kit every season

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I really do not understand the excitement of "new kit" at all. Its a simple marketing ploy nothing more, and we all know it. The only reason Kits are re designed is to sell them. Why on earth are people falling for this garbage season after season.Just look at the absolute bollocks that has accompanied Southampton's' new "Brave " kit, that just shows what utter utter tosh it all is

Most of us are facing financial constraints at the moment, and new kit for youngsters is not cheap- the power of the pester factor can not be understated, and having a couple of kids wanting the new kits every season is very expensive.

Yet so many people are getting uptight that the new kit hasnt been released yet, so what? lets keep the same kit for at least a couple of years, a lot of parents would breathe a sigh of relief

IMO this really is a case of emperors new clothes and we have all fallen for it. Everyone says we must have new kit every season because everyone has new kit every season

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...

But it is still a new kit right ?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

I see it for kids or sad people who spend all day on football forums.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Not a parody:-

Hibernian FC have revealed their new Joma away kit for the 22/23 season, the Cabbage kit.

Born off the concept of ‘Cabbage and Ribs’ – the old rhyming slang for Hibs and the name of the former fans’ favourite pub just off Easter Road – this season’s away kit brings the cabbage back to life.

Working alongside Technical Partner Joma, the 2022/23 shirt explores a new design; the cabbage pantone forms the base colour of the kit which is finished off with a stylish black ribbing around the collar and the cuffs.

https://www.footballshirtculture.com/new-kits/hibernian-2022-2023-away-kit.html

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Our home and third kit shirts are no longer available on the club website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Not a parody:-

Hibernian FC have revealed their new Joma away kit for the 22/23 season, the Cabbage kit.

Born off the concept of ‘Cabbage and Ribs’ – the old rhyming slang for Hibs and the name of the former fans’ favourite pub just off Easter Road – this season’s away kit brings the cabbage back to life.

Working alongside Technical Partner Joma, the 2022/23 shirt explores a new design; the cabbage pantone forms the base colour of the kit which is finished off with a stylish black ribbing around the collar and the cuffs.

https://www.footballshirtculture.com/new-kits/hibernian-2022-2023-away-kit.html

Looks a lot better than the 'Cabbage and Ribs' description! :lol:

hibernian_2022_2023_away_kit.jpg

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
WAGMI stands for We're All Gonna Make It, which is one of the catchphrases for the Crypto/NFT/Fan Token based company that now owns Crawley and is promising to have a fan led club which democratises decision making. They hope that Crawley will become the 'Internet Owned Club' and have supporters/virgins living with their mum (delete as appropriate) buying merchandise that will lead to Crawley being in the Premier League.

So Wagmi is a catchphrase, What is Wagmi United? Is that what they're going to call Crawley? Is that why there's a W where the Crawley badge should be?

Is the internet going to make the boardroom decisions? Which players to buy? how much to spend? How much wages to pay a player? That seems like it's only going to end one way...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What % of people avidly waiting for the new kit are going to be apoplectic when they see it?
Refuse to buy it.
Preferring last season kit (which they hated).
Blame Nike, wouldn't have happened if it was Hunmel.

I'm going for 99.8%

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
What % of people avidly waiting for the new kit are going to be apoplectic when they see it?
Refuse to buy it.

I'm going for 99.8%

I agree with all the above but still expect 'record sales' reported by the club despite everyone claiming it is rubbish and that they wont be buying it

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Refuse to buy it.

I'm going for 99.8%

I can't recall the last time I bought a new top to be honest, I have a few of the classics, however I am still interested in what it looks like, I do not want us to have a shite kit, I want to be proud of the kit (stripes) and the team while watching them live or match of the day or whatever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here